Perfumes That Drive Men Crazy

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Studies have shown that the scents that women prefer for themselves do not attract men. Women's noses are 1000x more sensitive to musk than men's noses, which may account for the large number of scents women find very sexy that men do not. This means that women who choose scents based on their own noses tend to wear scents that attract other women, not men!

The research suggests that the best person to choose a scent for a woman is a man, if she wishes to attract a man. A woman's favorite scent isn't likely to have the effect she desires!

The last time we went scent shopping, TheBoyfriend loved Pure Poison the most out of all the ones we tried.

a man i know says that this one is very nice

Sandalwood Eau de Toilette | Collections | Sandalwood | Crabtree & Evelyn

yea it's for men but i like to wear it occasionally and he says 8 thumbs up

Oooh, I love sandalwood! There's evidence that women shouldn't be wearing so many floral scents. Men aren't as attracted to them as to non-floral notes.

One of my personal favorite scent sources is CB I Hate Perfume. His scents are intended to evoke memories. They're marvelous! Some of my favorites are only available in the gallery.

Last edited:

Zayne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I really don' like perfume, and it smells like a cover-up, anyway. I think we're supposed to smell each other's natural body scents (not too much, though) for compatibility, immune-system or otherwise.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Call me old fashioned, but I absolutely adore the smell of Chanel No5, but it does not work well with all women.

Mates mum it works well, but if my own mum uses it (She's a massive Estee Lauder fan), it smells rotten.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Call me old fashioned, but I absolutely adore the smell of Chanel No5, but it does not work well with all women.

Mates mum it works well, but if my own mum uses it (She's a massive Estee Lauder fan), it smells rotten.

stan...you're old fashioned!:tongue:

I wear Chanel No5 to bed..............with bugger all else!:biggrin1:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Oooh, I love sandalwood! There's evidence that women shouldn't be wearing so many floral scents. Men aren't as attracted to them as to non-floral notes.

One of my personal favorite scent sources is CB I Hate Perfume. His scents are intended to evoke memories. They're marvelous! Some of my favorites are only available in the gallery.

The classic Sandalwood fragrance and the only one that really smells like the real thing (since the real essential oil is virtually non-existent because of Indian restrictions on the cutting of endangered Sandalwood forests) is Samsara by Guerlain. It's actually astonishing, if you have sniffed real Sandalwood absolute and then smell Samsara how lifelike Samsara is. Don't be fooled by companies which will say their fragrance contains real Sandalwood, if they did it would cost astronomical amounts to buy. Most contain some synthetic variant of Santalol the chemical compound which is the primary component in Sandalwood absolute oil. depending on which variant it will smell nice or like pencil shavings, the best synthetics mimic Santalol almost exactly, and Samsara contains just such a high grade synthetic.

Last edited:

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Studies have shown that the scents that women prefer for themselves do not attract men. Women's noses are 1000x more sensitive to musk than men's noses, which may account for the large number of scents women find very sexy that men do not. This means that women who choose scents based on their own noses tend to wear scents that attract other women, not men!

The research suggests that the best person to choose a scent for a woman is a man, if she wishes to attract a man. A woman's favorite scent isn't likely to have the effect she desires!

The last time we went scent shopping, TheBoyfriend loved Pure Poison the most out of all the ones we tried.

Haha thats odd pure poison has been one of my favs for a while.. but its a little heavy... I go with davidoff cool water or Echo now for its fresh scent, If i feel like something floral or fruity, its DKNY apple or Salvatore Feragamo Incanto dreams ( A little bit sick of salvatore though )... I recently went to the store and am thinking of buying Circus by Britney spears... Its quite a cool scent... U might wanna try it if you haven't bought anything yet lolz

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Empirically, petite/keleios, I agree with those studies.

I've found that a lot of perfumes the GF wears smell "nice" but the only scent that I would say attracts me is her smell straight out of the shower

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Caveat 1: a given scent may smell differently on different people at different times, temperatures, etc.....

Caveat 2: opinions are like assho.............

Caveat 3: professionally prepared scents are the rare area in which I admit to being a bit lost at sea with respect to officially acknowledged "this is good/this is not good" hierarchies.

That said, I had a g/f many moons ago who totally rocked both Georges Marciano and Ralph Lauren Escape. I mean she smelled GOOD. Have never smelled anything so nice since then.

Mdmse Rouge: I dig Juicy Coutoure's "Dirty English" for myself. Unfortunately, I've given up wearing scent as I feel it's too obnoxious. And not as good as the natural scent of ME.

I like the scent of GIRL, too. It's best.

tat2dqt78

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Laila Laila the Essence of Norway

It's light, and smells different in every person I've ever smelled it on, but it always smells nice. I spray my clothing when I lay it out, then shower. By the time I've put my clothes on, it has mellowed out.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate perfume.

I especially hate going to a restaurant, and some idiot woman has drowned herself in an evil potion that interferes with my sense of taste and smell.

In my opinion, the most evil. cloying, clog-up-your-nose perfumes are: Poison, Chanel 5, anything by Este Lauder, anything by Axe and don't forget that ancient stand=by Taboo.

That being said, I like the smallest touch of patchouli or sandalwood for the following reasons:

-- Clean man-sweat is a MAJOR aphrodisiac for me
-- Patchouli and sandalwood kind of smell like that to me
-- The scents drives my main-squeeze crazy

And that adds up to fun for all.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Unless they smell offensive, scent is one of the least important things I think about on a woman, or any person for that matter. I like weak clean scents the most if I had to pick, and I don't know how that translates into perfume. I would probably not notice if I were on a date and they weren't wearing perfume.

That being said, there could always be some subconscious effect a good perfume has on me that I'm not aware of, so it could be more important than I give credit to.

The real downside to perfume though is, it is rude to say you don't like it (unless you are in a more long term relationship, and even then it could end bad), so the only other option really is to not say anything. But that could say either you aren't observant about her perfume, or you don't like it, or it's okay, or that you have a terrible sense of smell.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate perfume.

I especially hate going to a restaurant, and some idiot woman has drowned herself in an evil potion that interferes with my sense of taste and smell.

Ugh before I started working at home we had a lady in the office that wore something called euphoria... it literally took my breath away it was so disgusting

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unless they smell offensive, scent is one of the least important things I think about on a woman, or any person for that matter. I like weak clean scents the most if I had to pick, and I don't know how that translates into perfume. I would probably not notice if I were on a date and they weren't wearing perfume.

That being said, there could always be some subconscious effect a good perfume has on me that I'm not aware of, so it could be more important than I give credit to.

The real downside to perfume though is, it is rude to say you don't like it (unless you are in a more long term relationship, and even then it could end bad), so the only other option really is to not say anything. But that could say either you aren't observant about her perfume, or you don't like it, or it's okay, or that you have a terrible sense of smell.

If a woman wears a scent you hate, the best response to buy her a scent you love. She'll wear it when she's with you because you picked it out!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I hate perfume.

In my opinion, the most evil. cloying, clog-up-your-nose perfumes are: Poison, Chanel 5, anything by Estee Lauder, anything by Axe and don't forget that ancient stand=by Taboo.

You will have to pull my AXE DARK TEMPTATION body spray and body washes from my cold, dead fingazzzzzzzzzzz. :mad:

LOL.

You are lucky that I am not a fan of BRUT 33 by FABERGE. You can use it as standby mace/pepper spray.