Perfumes That Drive Men Crazy

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Sassy, Mar 12, 2009.

1. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Oooh, I love sandalwood! There's evidence that women shouldn't be wearing so many floral scents. Men aren't as attracted to them as to non-floral notes.

One of my personal favorite scent sources is CB I Hate Perfume. His scents are intended to evoke memories. They're marvelous! Some of my favorites are only available in the gallery.

#81 petite, May 9, 2010
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  2. Zayne

Zayne New Member

Albums:
    I really don' like perfume, and it smells like a cover-up, anyway. I think we're supposed to smell each other's natural body scents (not too much, though) for compatibility, immune-system or otherwise.

3. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

Call me old fashioned, but I absolutely adore the smell of Chanel No5, but it does not work well with all women.

Mates mum it works well, but if my own mum uses it (She's a massive Estee Lauder fan), it smells rotten.

4. D_Sparroe Spongecaques

stan...you're old fashioned!:tongue:

I wear Chanel No5 to bed..............with bugger all else!:biggrin1:

5. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

The classic Sandalwood fragrance and the only one that really smells like the real thing (since the real essential oil is virtually non-existent because of Indian restrictions on the cutting of endangered Sandalwood forests) is Samsara by Guerlain. It's actually astonishing, if you have sniffed real Sandalwood absolute and then smell Samsara how lifelike Samsara is. Don't be fooled by companies which will say their fragrance contains real Sandalwood, if they did it would cost astronomical amounts to buy. Most contain some synthetic variant of Santalol the chemical compound which is the primary component in Sandalwood absolute oil. depending on which variant it will smell nice or like pencil shavings, the best synthetics mimic Santalol almost exactly, and Samsara contains just such a high grade synthetic.

#85 D_Tim McGnaw, May 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  6. curiousvirgin

curiousvirgin New Member

Haha thats odd pure poison has been one of my favs for a while.. but its a little heavy... I go with davidoff cool water or Echo now for its fresh scent, If i feel like something floral or fruity, its DKNY apple or Salvatore Feragamo Incanto dreams ( A little bit sick of salvatore though )... I recently went to the store and am thinking of buying Circus by Britney spears... Its quite a cool scent... U might wanna try it if you haven't bought anything yet lolz

7. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

***COUGH*** anywhere near east mids airport? :biggrin1:

8. sbat

sbat New Member

Empirically, petite/keleios, I agree with those studies.

I've found that a lot of perfumes the GF wears smell "nice" but the only scent that I would say attracts me is her smell straight out of the shower

9. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Caveat 1: a given scent may smell differently on different people at different times, temperatures, etc.....

Caveat 2: opinions are like assho.............

Caveat 3: professionally prepared scents are the rare area in which I admit to being a bit lost at sea with respect to officially acknowledged "this is good/this is not good" hierarchies.

That said, I had a g/f many moons ago who totally rocked both Georges Marciano and Ralph Lauren Escape. I mean she smelled GOOD. Have never smelled anything so nice since then.

Mdmse Rouge: I dig Juicy Coutoure's "Dirty English" for myself. Unfortunately, I've given up wearing scent as I feel it's too obnoxious. And not as good as the natural scent of ME.

I like the scent of GIRL, too. It's best.

10. tat2dqt78

tat2dqt78 New Member

Laila Laila the Essence of Norway

It's light, and smells different in every person I've ever smelled it on, but it always smells nice. I spray my clothing when I lay it out, then shower. By the time I've put my clothes on, it has mellowed out.

11. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hate perfume.

I especially hate going to a restaurant, and some idiot woman has drowned herself in an evil potion that interferes with my sense of taste and smell.

In my opinion, the most evil. cloying, clog-up-your-nose perfumes are: Poison, Chanel 5, anything by Este Lauder, anything by Axe and don't forget that ancient stand=by Taboo.

That being said, I like the smallest touch of patchouli or sandalwood for the following reasons:

-- Clean man-sweat is a MAJOR aphrodisiac for me
    -- Patchouli and sandalwood kind of smell like that to me
    -- The scents drives my main-squeeze crazy

And that adds up to fun for all.

12. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ditto.

13. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Unless they smell offensive, scent is one of the least important things I think about on a woman, or any person for that matter. I like weak clean scents the most if I had to pick, and I don't know how that translates into perfume. I would probably not notice if I were on a date and they weren't wearing perfume.

That being said, there could always be some subconscious effect a good perfume has on me that I'm not aware of, so it could be more important than I give credit to.

The real downside to perfume though is, it is rude to say you don't like it (unless you are in a more long term relationship, and even then it could end bad), so the only other option really is to not say anything. But that could say either you aren't observant about her perfume, or you don't like it, or it's okay, or that you have a terrible sense of smell.

14. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ugh before I started working at home we had a lady in the office that wore something called euphoria... it literally took my breath away it was so disgusting

15. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    If a woman wears a scent you hate, the best response to buy her a scent you love. She'll wear it when she's with you because you picked it out!

16. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Great idea, now I just have to figure out what that is. :tongue:

17. invisibleman

Gold Member

You will have to pull my AXE DARK TEMPTATION body spray and body washes from my cold, dead fingazzzzzzzzzzz. :mad:

LOL.

You are lucky that I am not a fan of BRUT 33 by FABERGE. You can use it as standby mace/pepper spray.

18. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

And thats all folks.

19. No_Strings

Gold Member

Now that I'm actually posting in the correct thread and not the one for th'opposite gender; the scent of her armpits.

Armpits do it every time. :32:

20. inspectahdck

inspectahdck New Member

Albums:
    generaly any perfumes or none at all is ok with me, but theres only one that strikes me and i love that scent, its watermelon, its such a sweet odour

Draft saved Draft deleted