Perhaps the Fall of Fundamentalism in America Has Begun

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What's interesting are the interviews and phone callers on Larry King's show now.

They just had a caller asking why Falwell was so full of hate.

Media
Your hatred is just as detrimental to your alleged cause and support as his ignorance was to his. Biggest difference here is that he was an ignorant man and did not know any better. You guys have no excuse. The bottom line is hatred is hatred.
Onslow has a point. Regardless of what you think of Dr. Falwell and his "teachings," a man has died. Whether we found worth in him or not, someone did and there are people grieving. Just as we find it offensive when Fred Phelps disrupts a funeral, we can at least let those that did appreciate him grieve without us hurling invectives. We're better than that. Maybe the best thing to do is forget about him. He can only affect people still if he is given attention. His time is past. He's gone. If people are intelligent, they will be able to judge his worth. It's not our job. Let it go.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, I'm enjoying how people are finding it difficult to really defend what he had to say.

"He had strong views", Dr. James Dobson is saying. Uh...

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wait a sec... I'm a LIBERAL?

Dear God.

P.S.: I'm still happy Jerry Falwell's dead. Call me an asshole, then. Go ahead.
You don't get it, do ya kid?

(and no, I won't call you a rear body part--you're entitled to your opinions, I was merely expressing mine.)

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The simpleton sheep will always admire and follow Falwells, Phelpses, Swaggarts, Dobsons, or any of the other clones of evil.

A co-worker of mine read that Falwell had died. I made the comment that there were plenty more "raging homophobe media whores" waiting to take his place. He flipped out on me, accusing me of verbal christian bashing - as if my one comment was somehow infinitely worse than all the hateful pseudo-christian filth that man spewed throughout his lifetime.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You don't get it, do ya kid?

(and no, I won't call you a rear body part--you're entitled to your opinions, I was merely expressing mine.)

Oh, aren't the old, wise man for calling me 'kid' - it's obviously you that doesn't get it. If I wanted to be treated in a condescending manner, I'd call my dad, thanks.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Ah yes--the loud mouthed liberals step forward.
NEWSFLASH PEOPLE--

YOUR HATRED IS JUST AS DETRIMENTAL TO YOUR ALLEGED CAUSE AND SUPPORT AS HIS IGNORANCE WAS TO HIS.

BIGGEST DIFFERENCE HERE IS THAT HE WAS AN IGNORANT MAN AND DID NOT KNOW ANY BETTER. YOU GUYS HAVE NO EXCUSE (unless of course you all plan to plead ignorance)

The bottom line is hatred is hatred and if you all plan to call Falwell on the carpet for his then you better be damned well ready to strip naked and step to the judgement booth for your lashes. (sorry of that sounded too sexual-- I know Jerry would have approved in this case)
Thank you, Onslow. It makes me cringe whenever people proclaim their glee when someone else dies. I'm not glad Jerry Falwell's dead, I just wish he'd held different views while he was alive. I think everyone deserves a bit of respect when they pass on.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you, Onslow. It makes me cringe whenever people proclaim their glee when someone else dies. I'm not glad Jerry Falwell's dead, I just wish he'd held different views while he was alive. I think everyone deserves a bit of respect when they pass on.

Someone who called AIDS God's punishment for fags, and Katrina God's punishment for fags, are you kidding me? The guy who convinced the president of the United States to bluntly ignore the establishment clause? The one singular most damaging influence on pushing religion into education and government? He was hardly an innocent southern man, he was a shady preacher on the take, an egomaniac, and a heretic. I'm disgusted by ANYONE who could call filth like that a Christian.

Nope sorry, I'm glad he's dead, I haven't got anything nice to say about him, and if he can live a life in hatred of others, I owe him no better in death. Fuck that guy.

cumluvr999

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At least we can take comfort in the fact that he is rotting in hell right along side Regan.:biggrin1:

I wonder if he died while getting it on with a prostitute.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Someone who called AIDS God's punishment for fags, and Katrina God's punishment for fags, are you kidding me? The guy who convinced the president of the United States to bluntly ignore the establishment clause? The one singular most damaging influence on pushing religion into education and government? He was hardly an innocent southern man, he was a shady preacher on the take, an egomaniac, and a heretic. I'm disgusted by ANYONE who could call filth like that a Christian.

Nope sorry, I'm glad he's dead, I haven't got anything nice to say about him, and if he can live a life in hatred of others, I owe him no better in death. Fuck that guy.
I can certainly understand the feelings, Madame Zora. And certainly Jerry Falwell was neither a compassionate, nor a wonderful man, but he is dead now, I don't think it's necessary to remain angered by him.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can certainly understand the feelings, Madame Zora. And certainly Jerry Falwell was neither a compassionate, nor a wonderful man, but he is dead now, I don't think it's necessary to remain angered by him.

He left us with a legacy of hate and intolerance, damage that we must now undo. You'll excuse me if I remind cold as ice towards that now-rotting douchebag.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Ah yes--the loud mouthed liberals step forward.
NEWSFLASH PEOPLE--

YOUR HATRED IS JUST AS DETRIMENTAL TO YOUR ALLEGED CAUSE AND SUPPORT AS HIS IGNORANCE WAS TO HIS.

BIGGEST DIFFERENCE HERE IS THAT HE WAS AN IGNORANT MAN AND DID NOT KNOW ANY BETTER. YOU GUYS HAVE NO EXCUSE (unless of course you all plan to plead ignorance)

The bottom line is hatred is hatred and if you all plan to call Falwell on the carpet for his then you better be damned well ready to strip naked and step to the judgement booth for your lashes. (sorry of that sounded too sexual-- I know Jerry would have approved in this case)

Thank you! We have to be the better people by not showing hatred like he did. We have to be the examples to the world--to show what's right.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you! We have to be the better people by not showing hatred like he did. We have to be the examples to the world--to show what's right.

Each of us will do what we feel is right by our own morals. I am feeling a great need to rebuke this man as the heretic and ungodly man he was, and to bring to light why no man's words should ever substitute your own careful study. This is just a worthless person, not a saint or god himself. Calling himself a Christian certainly didn't make it so.

It's beyond high time that Christians understand that they don't get a free ride from judegment when they vocally judge others. It's beyond high time they understand that if they're going to hold ME accountable to laws I don't even agree with, they damned well best be prepared top show they are living them themselves. It's beyond high time Christians stop holding others to higher standards than they hold themselves- where were you twats when he was denigrating gays? *hears the crickets chirp* YOU are the ones who should have been renouncing him while he was alive, shame on you!

It's beyond high time Christians stop using the Bible and Jesus to justify war, judgement, and hatred. Enough already. If you can't even manage the most basic truth of your religion, shut the fuck up.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The cause may have been a heart-rhythm abnormality....

On the other hand, if hurricane Katrina was an act of God against the gays (according to Falwell), maybe we should not be presumptuous here.

Maybe Jerry's death was an act of God.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It's beyond high time that Christians understand that they don't get a free ride from judegment when they vocally judge others. It's beyond high time they understand that if they're going to hold ME accountable to laws I don't even agree with, they damned well best be prepared top show they are living them themselves. It's beyond high time Christians stop holding others to higher standards than they hold themselves- where were you twats when he was denigrating gays? *hears the crickets chirp* YOU are the ones who should have been renouncing him while he was alive, shame on you!

It's beyond high time Christians stop using the Bible and Jesus to justify war, judgement, and hatred. Enough already. If you can't even manage the most basic truth of your religion, shut the fuck up.
I regret nothing about Falwell so much as that he convinced many that his kind of fundamentalism is Christianity. There are many of us who not only denounced him while alive for his range of stands from the inane (Attacking a teletubby) to the insane (Blaming 9/11 on homosexuals), but more than anything for sullying the reputation of Christianity almost beyond repair. I wish that I was able to let him rest in peace, but the most I can muster is to hope that God is as forgiving as I believe God to be, and not as judgmental as Falwell believed.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I really dont have an opinon on him one way or the other. I wouldnt speak ill of anyone who died anyway. Bad Karma is like a boomerang.