Perhaps the GOP should think twice about worshipping Ayn Rand

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Which is ironic, because in college I couldn't stand the liberal equivalent. You know what they say about joining them if you can't beat them.

Did you go to a private college or a public college? Did you receive student loans? Were they private loans, or were they backed by the federal government?

D_Ben Twilly

Experimental Member
Media
Did you go to a private college or a public college? Did you receive student loans? Were they private loans, or were they backed by the federal government?
Started at private and ended at public. No student loans at either. I guess I was supposed to have taken out some loans so you could show me that I'm a drain on the government's generosity, too, right?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Started at private and ended at public. No student loans at either. I guess I was supposed to have taken out some loans so you could show me that I'm a drain on the government's generosity, too, right?

No... if you taken loans out like most people have to do in order to go to college, perhaps you may have more sympathies. Right now it sounds like you were the beneficiary of more financially well off parents who paid your way. If that's the case, then more power to your parents for being able to afford it. Most people wish they were in a situation where they could get their school paid for all the way through college. As for you personally, this implies that you really don't know how to do much on your own besides pick up a book and write a paper. And you want to talk about issues that surround the lives of American citizens who've been there, done that and lived it? I'm just saying... from a societal angle, it don't look good.

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Not to get too off topic, but whether or not you take out federally-subsidized loans, if you attended a public university, then your education was subsidized by a combination of state and federal tax dollars.

Additionally, many private universities are also recipients of state and/or federal money as well, though obviously to a lesser extent.