Period Talk

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by prince_will, Nov 22, 2007.

1. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    hey, girls! just had a question i'd like to ask.

are you very open about talking about your periods and cycles with other men? i;m asking this because for some reason, girls just love telling me about all that stuff, and even though this seems very immature but it makes me cringe. i nearly fainted when one of my friends talked about her "heavy flow." lol..

2. new_n_curious

new_n_curious New Member

Albums:
    Its not something i'd discuss with just random male friends but my long-term boyfriend knows my cycle just as well as i do, its not cos we chat about periods though. He just knows which week to either hide or be extra nice to me and that if i have knickers on in bed it's for a reason.

3. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

This is a natural function of the Female body. Nothing more natural than that. Its also natural for them to talk about.

4. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

No big deal!
    At least it shouldn't be,some guys are disturbed by it.{I don't understand that!} And some guys, will even give you head, when your "in the red"!
    Hey! that rhymed!
    cigarbabe:saevil:

5. B_DEATHbyCARROT

B_DEATHbyCARROT New Member

I don't really wanna hear about it. Thankfully my gf doesn't wanna talk about it either. I don't think it's immaturity to be turned off sexually to it. Nothing more natural than going to the bathroom either, but I don't need to discuss the particulars with anybody esp not someone I see sexually. To each their own tho.

6. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Ew no, I don't even like talking about it.

7. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

I've always had some severe problems in this area but i've been modest about talking about it. My husband of 9 years doesnt mind hearing about it but i had my doc get rid of my periods 4 years ago with the pill. But i'm sure my husband hasnt minded not hearing about it.

He is a manager and a very nice guy and he says his female employees seem to always spill the details to him. I think nicer guys open up that door inadvertantly. ;)

8. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    lol. i love these posts. i thought that most girls were very open about it. it's nice to know that there are other people who sometimes cringe like me.

9. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

There is blood dripping from my whoo whoo.... ok anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die... do you trust it?

10. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

TK, funny you should mention that. Some tribal communities have a mantra that a woman is evil because she can bleed that long and survive that their boys are taken to be raised strictly with the males until a certain age because, not even their mother can be trusted.

11. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Ugh yuck.

12. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

It is pretty much common knowledge that some men would happily cut off their own ears before voluntarily listen to a woman talk about her period

Taking this into account no i dont talk to men about it (partners yes) but i would probably have no problem talking to a guy about.

13. nay-nay

nay-nay New Member

i have to get to know someone first (if a male). my ex would always ask me questions because he was curious. he thought it was interesting, and even started reading more about females and the vagina. i thought it was cool that he wasn't grossed out by it. it's natural.

i'm half native american, and we have our ways. when a girl gets her period for the first time, she has to stay in her room the entire time, her mother has to bring her food to her. she's basically locked in her room until it's gone. the only time she can come out is if she needs to use the restroom. it cannot be food that is cooked for the rest of the family. usually it's fast food, but there are others that decide to make home-cooked food, it just has to be made in separate dishes that no one else can use. males cannot take a bite of your food or drink out of your cup. when i have my period, it's considered "sick" or "contagious." when i have my period, i also can't participate in any sort of cultural events like pow-wows, feasts, funerals, and so forth. the part where the girl is locked in the room is ONLY the very first cycle. after that, she can be wherever she wants. but everything else still applies. if i'm not able to attend a cultlural event and people ask my family where i'm at, all they have to say is "she can't eat" and everybody knows what that means. or "she's muj" (she has her period).

14. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

nay-nay, very interesting. I live in Oklahoma where i've been to pow-wows and the like. I really enjoyed you enlightening us about your native american culture!

15. Principessa

Gold Member

16. B_Jennuine73

B_Jennuine73 New Member

Nay-Nay and any other female of a background that treats menstruation as something bad, please do not take offense.

IMO, these rituals show plainly the fear men have always had about women. In "pagan" times, before organized religion as we know it, that time of the month was celebrated.

Of course it was celebrated because it is the reason we can bring forth life.

But as male dominated religions began to coming to power, it was not only stopped, but turned completely around.

In our society there is still a lot of shame heaped on a woman because of that natural cycle and...it pisses me off!

I blame religion for everything ;)

17. D_Sandy_Crotch

D_Sandy_Crotch Account Disabled

I've had a couple of boyfs who were squeamish. I only had to mention blood clot and they almost fainted. However another short term fling loved it. He even took a tampon out once with his teeth. I felt more squeamish about that than he did. :biggrin1:

18. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

I know that is a normal body funtion of woman but i prefer not to hear about it.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::biggrin1:

19. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    whoa. that's all i can say.

20. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

Talking about period is like talking about shitting.Both natural things but gross.:eek::eek::eek::eek::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted