Period Talk

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nay-Nay and any other female of a background that treats menstruation as something bad, please do not take offense.

IMO, these rituals show plainly the fear men have always had about women. In "pagan" times, before organized religion as we know it, that time of the month was celebrated.

Of course it was celebrated because it is the reason we can bring forth life.

But as male dominated religions began to coming to power, it was not only stopped, but turned completely around.

In our society there is still a lot of shame heaped on a woman because of that natural cycle and...it pisses me off!

I blame religion for everything ;)

Thanks Jennuine73. Along with all the other ways to shame women, there is also menstruation. One of the most fundamental and important life-producing functions of our bodies and too many men (who were all born only because their mothers bled) don't want to hear about it and call it "gross", "disgusting" or just simply ignore it.

Men should understand and respect the amzing process of a woman who bleeds, and support her unequivocally instead of making her feel dirty and unattractive.

To these men I say.... MAN UP!!!

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yikes, the day my husband took a tampon out with his teeth is the day i wonder when the aliens managed to snatch him and replace him with someone i dont know. I find it a bit squeamish to deal with my periods when i had them, which is why i wouldnt wear pads. I sure wouldnt take out a tampon with my teeth, even if it was on me and i was the guy. Thats like removing gauze packed down in a wound with your teeth. Ugh.

I've had a couple of boyfs who were squeamish. I only had to mention blood clot and they almost fainted. However another short term fling loved it. He even took a tampon out once with his teeth. I felt more squeamish about that than he did. :biggrin1:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks Jennuine73. Along with all the other ways to shame women, there is also menstruation. One of the most fundamental and important life-producing functions of our bodies and too many men (who were all born only because their mothers bled) don't want to hear about it and call it "gross", "disgusting" or just simply ignore it.

Men should understand and respect the amzing process of a woman who bleeds, and support her unequivocally instead of making her feel dirty and unattractive.

To these men I say.... MAN UP!!!

Very true :smile: I've been fortunate in this regard - the one asshole may have been disgusted but never did say anything, and the other guys I've mentioned it to (because of just letting them know that it's that time when we're about to have sex), have all been very cool about it (and it didn't stop us from having sex either...:wink:) It's not something I go on and on about though - just a part of life that I will make a mention of if I think I need to. I also don't get the mood swings or anything like that that people think of associated with a woman's period. I'm the same during that time of the month as I am any other time.)

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll talk about it in general terms with the men I know though I'm not going to go into lurid detail about it.

Discussed : cramps, bloating, back-ache. It's coming, it's here, it's over.

I couldn't be in a relationship with a guy who couldn't deal with the reality of how the female body works. You want to be with a woman? Guess what?

Clots, colour, etc. might well be TMI. I can definitely understand men's squeamishness over that.

*Oddly thinking about a certain Gwar video.

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
nay-nay, very interesting. I live in Oklahoma where i've been to pow-wows and the like. I really enjoyed you enlightening us about your native american culture!

that is so awesome! and thanks :biggrin1: my tribe is in iowa. each tribe is different and has their own ways. very cool that you got to experience going to a pow-wow! :cool:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Roughly half the world's population have periods during their lifetime, why that half feel a need to shelter the other half from hearing about it I have no idea, if we were more open about the menstrual cycle men would be less squeamish about it - it's normal and nothing to be ashamed of.

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ooops, sorry, I thought this was a discussion about Pride and predjudice, Jane Eyre or Upstairs Downstairs!:rolleyes:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Talking about period is like talking about shitting.Both natural things but gross.:eek::eek::eek::eek::biggrin1::biggrin1:

Talk of it does not make me squeamish, nor do I consider it gross. If you are in an intimate relationship with a woman not only will it be discussed, you may even have sex during that period, pun intended.:smile: As for women in general, talk about this would rarely be heard, unless it was in a Kotex commercial.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Quite frankly I don't think there is anything wrong with periods... as a matter of fact my fiance and i can't wait until that time of the month.

She doesn't bloat, she doesn't get back aches, and she only has cramps the first 2 days of her period, and she doesn't have mood swings. There's nothing wrong with periods, as a matter of fact I commonly celebrate my lover's period.

I love having period sex... I'd like to have period sex as much as regular sex, sometimes I'd rather have period sex a little more.

i've taken her tampon out with my teeth, and i love it when the blood gushes out.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Quite frankly I don't think there is anything wrong with periods... as a matter of fact my fiance and i can't wait until that time of the month.

She doesn't bloat, she doesn't get back aches, and she only has cramps the first 2 days of her period, and she doesn't have mood swings. There's nothing wrong with periods, as a matter of fact I commonly celebrate my lover's period.

I love having period sex... I'd like to have period sex as much as regular sex, sometimes I'd rather have period sex a little more. You need therapy dude!:redface:

i've taken her tampon out with my teeth, and i love it when the blood gushes out.
Eewww, gross! :puke:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most men are happy to have sex with us when we're menstruating, quite a number will go down on us then, there are even a small number who actually prefer it, what's the biggy it's only a period.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Most men are happy to have sex with us when we're menstruating, quite a number will go down on us then, there are even a small number who actually prefer it, what's the biggy it's only a period.

well, yeah, but i can't imagine going down and seeing a bunch a blood gush out. i guess we all have our certain quirks and turn-ons and offs. consider this a turn off for me.

hahaha LOL Yeah well I think I threw up in my mouth a little. :eek:mfg::eek1:

Mephistopheles has different sexual tastes from myself. I'd like to believe he's a lovely person other wise though.:rolleyes:

i'm so glad a woman also feels this way. i'm tired of coming off as a insensitive guy.