Perscription Drugs??

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Went for my pre-op testing yesterday, and the nurse did a double take when i told her I was not taking any persrciption drugs. Is that really that unusual??:confused:

Depending on your age, yes. If you are over 50 , it's very common to be taking BP meds, allergy.sleep meds , anti depressants ,are a common one these days.

We are a medicated country,at least here in the US.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Went for my pre-op testing yesterday, and the nurse did a double take when i told her I was not taking any persrciption drugs. Is that really that unusual??:confused:

Maybe because people who go in for whatever operation you are going in for are taking meds for it?

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

In this day and age when there are medications given for every thing from minor itch to a spot of dirt on the ear it's unusual. In recent months I have had 3 people express total dismay that I don't take any prescription medications. I occasionally take a motrin and that is all for the last few years. I only know of 1 other person who doesn't have any prescription medications and he is our age as well. Maybe it has to do with the healthy starts we all got born in the early 1950s.

I was on medication for high b.p. for a number of years then my diet and health and all changed and I got off of it. I didn't like the side effects either. I took Flomax for about 7 months then started lowering the dosage to every other day and finally got off of that. A few times over my lifetime I have had antibiotics prescribed but those are always short term regimens. No other medications that I can recall ever taking that were prescribed.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Good for her she was doing her job, i geuss
Cover her ass, imagine she is obliged to be positively sure.
If you looked like you ... should ... be on meds, probably doesnt help.
Wouldnt be uncommon for a nurse to expect everyone and there dog to be on some kind of medication huh, especially ( dare i say it) in America.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm over 50 and the only prescription meds I've ever taken are antibiotics. Most of my friends are the same.

disclaimer- I'm not American

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A doctor once told me the longer you can live your life without being on daily medication the longer and healthier your life will be. I'm not on any medication.

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
At my last eye dr. checkup the ass't was going over my medical history and I, too, got the incredulous response to not being on any meds. I guess when one is closer to 50 than 40 you're expected to be on something. Not to say that some folks do indeed need to be taking something to address a particular problem, but it does make you wonder if we're being over medicated.

Am not on any form of drug, prescription or otherwise, just a little twisted, the way nature intended us to be. :)

Nature has intended me to be dead more than once. I'll take the prescription drugs that saved me thanks :tongue:.

I put the 'us' in as reference to myself having a dual personality (i don't), not needing prescription drugs. (humour). I understand subgirrl, some need to take medication for whatever health reasons. I would be without good friends if they were not available. Continue to take good care of yourself, Ok.