Personal Fitness Question

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
With my gym being closed due to snowy weather, it got me thinking.

There are a few people here who have worked on their bodies, and lead very fit and healthy lives. I'd like to know a few things:

How often do you work out?
Where do you get the motivation to work out?
Do you enjoy changing the routine?
Is it traditional working out or do you do something unusual that you would like to share?

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In the morning I do 45 to 60 min of cardo every week day, and do abs every other day. Then every other afternoon I will do weights.

How I get motavated to work out. I will skip on ocasion if I realy don't want to go to the gym. To be honest it is what I look forward to on Sundays I am thinking, cant wait to go running Monday morning. When I am at my desk I am thinking, 'dam 4 hours until I can go to the gym'; 'I have to be here 2 more hours before I can go to the gym'; etc.

Yea I try to change every 2 months or so. Or do somthing different; like a work out class that my gym offered.

From time to time I like to jack off in the shower ... I don't always finish; just try to get a good heavy hard on. During the summer I will do steam room, cold shower, steam room, cold shower. I hate cold showers in the winter.

D_CountVonBhigBohner

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I started working out when i was 12 and it's become second nature. I workout every other day and change my routine every two weeks for best results. I run every morning outdoors rain or shine...i don't like treadmills. Not that it's unusual...but i show off at the gym all the time...I like/let ppl look at me and i give a good show drying off. lol

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I work out 6 days a week, unless I'm traveling. That can vary anywhere from 3 days weights/3 days cardio to all 6 days on weights.

Sundays are my day off, so 5 of my 6 gym days are weekdays. I build gym time into my weekday morning schedule, which helps ensure that I get there. I get up early, eat a quick breakfast, and drive to work (where my primary gym is) ... if I am there at 7 a.m., I am NOT just going to go sit at my desk for an extra two hours, so that helps goad me into hitting the gym.

A benefit of morning workouts is that it really energizes me for my day, which also helps get me to the gym on draggy mornings: I think about how much better I'll feel later for having worked out (or how crappy I'll feel if I don't!) and that motivates me.

Also, I'm an "easy gainer" (muscle up very easily), and those very fast, and very apparent, gains also provide huge motivation to keep at it.

I do like changing my routine, and it's definitely important physiologically. If you do the same thing indefinitely, you'll stop seeing results. Currently I have about 8 lifting routines I cycle among. Some emphasize strength, some muscle mass, some definition, and some a balance of all three. Keeping it varied also helps keep it from becoming boring.

I also vary my cardio a lot. My mainstays are swimming laps, spinning classes (indoor, high-intensity group cycling), bicycling to work (13 miles one-way) a day or two a week in the warmer weather, and the elliptical machine, either by itself or with 30 seconds of jumping jacks and push-ups interspersed at two-minute intervals.

I also love a variety of outdoor activities (hiking, biking, kayaking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing) so to the extent possible I mix those things into my fitness plan. Definitely helps keep it interesting!

Steve

D

deleted3782

How often do you work out? Every Saturday and Sunday (if I can)

Where do you get the motivation to work out? I rather enjoy being able to look down and see my schlong

Do you enjoy changing the routine? Yes! I have to.

Is it traditional working out or do you do something unusual that you would like to share? I do a lot of cardio because I destroyed my back when I was a young buck. Burns the calories and helps my heart (I hope). I also have started a little yogo as stretching.

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How often do you work out? 6 days a week and for hours at a time.

Where do you get the motivation to work out? The fact that before I took my present marketing/promotions job which is directly related to my bb, worked as a PT. Desire to keep the only body I'll ever have in peak condition. Tho, I maybe a muscle freak, I'm not compensating for a damn thing.

Do you enjoy changing the routine? My routine changes weekly so that it's never boring. Some weeks, nothing but splits on different days. Other weeks, I may do total body workouts on alternate days, three days a week. Constantly changing my cardio (ellip., tm, stairclb., bike). Never longer than 25 minutes and never back to back.

Is it traditional working out or do you do something unusual that you would like to share? Probably best be described as extreme by most guys. Do a search in the blog section. I wrote a blog a few weeks ago concerning mistakes that most guys make. Not really secrets, but proper nutrition (at least 6 small meals daily) is a large part of staying in shape. For me that translates in a lot of protein shakes, pre and post-work Vitargo S2 shakes for energy and lean muscle mass, creatine and other supplements.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well I go to the gym three days a week for 45 minutes and do two rounds on machines.
At least once or twice a week I play tennis.
Weather permitting I rollerblade for a couple of hours
I take my dog for a run in the park for 20 minutes twice a day
I take a dance class once a week
Yoga session once a week
My motivation? I like to eat and I still want my clothes to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

There are a few people here who have worked on their bodies, and lead very fit and healthy lives. I'd like to know a few things:

How often do you work out?6 days a week
Where do you get the motivation to work out?I want to like what I see in the mirror
Do you enjoy changing the routine?all the time
Is it traditional working out or do you do something unusual that you would like to share?
Traditional wieght training/cardio

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For those of you who work 8 hours a day (or 9 or 10) at a desk job, how do you find time to work out? If you work out in the morning, how early do you have to get up? Do you eat breakfast before or after the workout? What sort of things do you eat for breakfast? Do you shower and get ready for work at the gym? How long do your workouts take?

For those of you who workout after work, aren't you tired and hungry after a long day at the office? Where do you find the energy? Isn't it late (almost bedtime) before you get dinner? When do you have time to relax and enjoy yourself?

People have told me I'm making excuses, but I seriously don't know how people find the time and energy to work out. When I ask, they just say, "You have to make time," which isn't very helpful.

Mr_Cumalot

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you think getting a more muscled but slim and toned look helps cock size perception? I am slimmed right down to prime weight right now so my cock is looking great but now I want to bulk up my muscles. I'm a fairly big guy of 6ft and quite stocky so this I feel sometimes effects the perception of my cock and it can look "the right size" for my body where as stuck on some skinny dude it would look massive.

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's easy for myself, being in the military. I run before breakfast 3 days a week. They separate us into ability groups based on our 2 mile run time, I'm in A group and we run 6 miles on a mountain road at a 7min a mile pace, starting at about 6000ft above sea level up to 7800ft and back down. 2 days a week we do pushups and situps to muscle failure. I usually do some pushups, pullups and situps on my own on saturdays. This along with eating right and taking some muscle milk and hmb (helps protien synthesis) has me in outstanding shape ( i had some pics up to prove it as some may remember, ill put one up again). It will make your hard ons harder and itll improve your stamina if you stay in shape.

Last edited:

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For those of you who work 8 hours a day (or 9 or 10) at a desk job, how do you find time to work out? If you work out in the morning, how early do you have to get up? Do you eat breakfast before or after the workout? What sort of things do you eat for breakfast? Do you shower and get ready for work at the gym? How long do your workouts take?

My gym is walking distance from my work. I park my car, go to the gym and walk to work. Then after work I have to walk to the gym again to get my car. So I work out again.

I am there around 5:30am every morning. I use to be at my desk at that time but only get paid for 8am to 4pm. I stopped wasting my time at my desk and now have some "me time".

My "first breakfast" is some fruit that I eat on my way out the door.

My "second breakfast" is something high in protein low fat. Normally two eggs or a protein bar you can get and health food stores. Also a can of V-8 low sodium.

For those of you who workout after work, aren't you tired and hungry after a long day at the office? Where do you find the energy? Isn't it late (almost bedtime) before you get dinner? When do you have time to relax and enjoy yourself?

I have a snack of some kind on my walk from work back to the gym. I get home about 6:00pm.

I relax and enjoy my self at the gym; it is a life change. On my non workout days I'll play video games - anyone else play MotorStorm?

People have told me I'm making excuses, but I seriously don't know how people find the time and energy to work out. When I ask, they just say, "You have to make time," which isn't very helpful.

Find a gym that is 10 to 15 minutes from your home or work. I was lucky to find one that is in walking distance. I park my car there so it forces me to stop there after work. I do skip it from time to time.

One that is between your way into work or to home will help. Joining a gym that is out of your way or difficult to get to won't help you "make the time" to use it.

I have several small meals a day
  • First breakfast
  • Second Breakfast
  • First Lunch
  • Second Lunch
  • Third Lunch
  • Dinner.

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let me add that if you want to make your abs show, running will do it faster than just ab workouts, do both and cut out sodas and fast food and theyll be there in no time. Cardio boosts everything. Oh and a fast paced ruck march with a 40lb pack once a month is good for the intestinal fortitude.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For those of you who work 8 hours a day (or 9 or 10) at a desk job, how do you find time to work out? If you work out in the morning, how early do you have to get up? Do you eat breakfast before or after the workout? What sort of things do you eat for breakfast? Do you shower and get ready for work at the gym? How long do your workouts take?Morning for me is best I drink a protein shake while I walk to the gym about 3 minutes, the key is having something very convenient. I get there at 6:00 and I'm home by 7:15 I take a quick shower and steam and head home to get ready for work.

For those of you who workout after work, aren't you tired and hungry after a long day at the office? Where do you find the energy? Isn't it late (almost bedtime) before you get dinner? When do you have time to relax and enjoy yourself?I play tennis after work one night a week and during the day on Saturday or Sunday, again another shake for energy. On another night I take a dance class after work, sure you are tired but once you get the blood flowing you are not tired anymore.

Well once you find a routine that makes you feel better it's easier to enjoy it. Once you do something for about a month or so it becomes a habit. About once a week I meet some friends for happy hour,I'm only doing that once a week and they are doing it five or six. In the amount of time it takes to have three cocktails you could have worked out. I'm the first to admit on cold dark mornings I would rather roll over and stay under the covers, but the funny thing is I notice a difference in my attitude and so does everyone else. If I don't work out in the morning people have said that I don't seem happy.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
How often do you work out? honest to goodness work-out 5-6 days a week. yoga, cardio and basic calisthenics everyday. i use free weights, a heavy bag & speed bag, jump rope, a tension rope. weather permitting i ride my bike everywhere i go. if i have access to a gym elliptical machines, the stationary bikes *spinning class* and pools are the love. a tread mill with a ipod will keep me entertained for a good hour.

Where do you get the motivation to work out? i started working out with my father to curb hyperactivity and reduce a near terminal case of clumsy. i kept working out because i like how it makes me feel, the whole push your body feel the burn mentality. now work out because i like beer, bad food and having a nice butt. without sweat i can't enjoy all thee.

Do you enjoy changing the routine? i have to change it up, so i don't get bored and to get the results i'm looking for. i don't want bulk so i keep an eye on how my body is reacting to the free weights. altering routine as needed. if i learn something new or pick up a trick from somebody i'll work it in to my routine.

Is it traditional working out or do you do something unusual that you would like to share? loyal to the yoga for flexibility. in MN the gym offered gyrotonic training, one of my favorite workouts would love to find it again. a vegan i rely on supplements for protein and amino acids. eat small meals throughout the day. lots of fruit and fresh veg.

randoms to me: i use a body ball instead of a desk chair. i skateboard, really good for core and balance. take the stairs instead of elevators or escalators. tai-chi in the park. uumm that's about it.

ML

i have been a human tuber for the last month of so. i stick to the yoga and calisthenics but other than that i am a blob. not sure why the lazy bit my rump. hope to shake it off after new years. *grumps at self*

Last edited:

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do you think getting a more muscled but slim and toned look helps cock size perception? I am slimmed right down to prime weight right now so my cock is looking great but now I want to bulk up my muscles. I'm a fairly big guy of 6ft and quite stocky so this I feel sometimes effects the perception of my cock and it can look "the right size" for my body where as stuck on some skinny dude it would look massive.

My SO and I are both bb, besides being 6 ft. tall. We do are best to keep our % body fat below 8%. The one set of muscles that we refrain from working is our obliques so that we can each have small waists (30-31 inches). Bulk up your upper body (traps, delts, biceps & triceps)and keep your waist small and I'm sure that others will perceive you as being hung.

During my morning workout, I thought a lot about my response to question # 2. My primary incentive has changed a bit in the last few months. After hooking up with another bb, despite the fact that we're in a long-distance relationship, he's my inspiration.

In my case, finding the time is easy aside from the fact that I can walk to both of the gyms where I workout. It's lugging that damn bag around that generally keeps me from doing so. My attitude also is that if you love doing something, you make the time for it, juggle your other priorities despite sacrifices. Yeah, that's self-discipline!

Last edited:

aleftcurve

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
How often do you work out? I have a job that requires me to do a lot of running around and lifting on a daily basis. So pretty much 5-6 days a week. I still go the the gym 3-5 days a week. In addition to the normal weight training / Cardio workout, I take xbike , pilates, zumba ,and yoga classes. I also work out at home with a fitness ball , stretch, and practice capoeira in my back yard . I also watch what i eat. But allow myself a cheat day:biggrin1:

Where do you get the motivation to work out? Sometimes i don't feel like going to the gym. But after a good workout , i love the way i look and feel. It helps me relieve stress and relaxes me. I'm studying at the moment to be a certified personal trainer. Being able to help others achieve their fitness goals gives me the motivation to keep going. I want to be a good example for others.

Do you enjoy changing the routine? In order for my muscles to grow , i have to constantly trick them and try something new. If i don't challenge myself or sweat, i don't feel ike i'm doing much of anything.

Is it traditional working out or do you do something unusual that you would like to share? I get bored easily with the traditional way of working out. So i'm always eager to try and learn new things. People are always staring at me at the gym because i do a lot of interesting things. Some of them upside down:biggrin1: I do a lot of stability and balance training on a Bosu ball, and regular fitness ball. I do push ups and crunches on them as well. I do one legged squats on a regular basis. Throwing a medicine ball against the wall really quick and fast immediatlely after bench pressing or just after push ups.

Cockmo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i work out three days a week, which works out fine for me. i usually work out for about 1.5 hours, which includes 15 minutes doing cardio, 5 minutes of core exercises, the main workout, and 5 minutes of stretching after i'm done

there are a few things that motivate me to work out. one, i want to stay in good shape as i grow older and seeing that my boyfriend/partner is over 50 and looks like he is in his early 40s is very encouraging! two, my dad didn't stay in shape after he got out of the air force and its wrecked havoc on him in regards to his health. three, i want to stay in shape for me and help keep me active, happy, and healthy. four, its nice to be appreciated physically by my significant other for how good i look and what a great job i am doing in the gym. five, the way other people notice how fit/slim you are in your clothes! ;) six, the way you can encourage other people to look into working out and staying in shape when they see you doing it and the results that come from it.

i like to change my routine about every two months or so. in addition, i never go through the same pattern for each workout

i do the "traditional" workout of cardio and free weights. however, i would like to get back into swimming and try some basic yoga stuff for flexibility purposes

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

six days a week

don't even think about it

depends on what I'm trying to achieve

depends on what I'm trying to achieve; I'll vary the routine based on how long I've been doing it, what new information I've come across, etc.

for example, whether I'm doing something sports-specific, say for rugby, or boxing, or gaining mass, or trying to burn off excess fat accumulated during the holiday season(s)

other than what I've stated, I would add that given my body type, to gain size, I have to heavy and intense at each workout

does that answer if for you?

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I lift weights 3 days a week.

I've always like being active as a teenager, and when I turned 19 started lifting weights and never stopped. I guess I just wanted to stand out and wanted to keep myself in shape. I can't really explain it. Now that I'm in better shape than my peers, I want to stay that way. I see people that keep there kitchen, bathroom, yard or car looking good. Where do they get the motivation? It's the same thing.

If you are asking how to stay motivated from day-to-day, I'd say try not to do too much. If you do you get burned out. Also, having a workout partner to get you off your ass and talk to during the workout is good. (Although, I used to workout by myself until the last 3 years.)

I don't change my routine too much, only if my schedule makes be change it. I'll make minor adjustments, like different exercises, every now and then.

For cardio I'll try to ride a bike at least once a week or play some sports.