Personal Webpages: Classic Or Dud?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

TragicWhiteKnight: Self-indulgent or a fabulous way of passing on information?

What should be on a good personal website?
    [and, no, naked pictures is not a serviceable answer :) ]

2. Imported

Gold Member

jerkin4-10: fabulous way of passing on information!...oops...sorry, i missed the naked pics part...self indulgent...but, im shallow... ;)

3. Imported

Gold Member

myriadian: hi,

i think the 'personal webpage' with it's poor layout and hokey flashing bars, lines, and letters (do people really intend to represent themselves as classless whoreish Las Vegas lounge act wannabes? i don't think so.) has been replaced aesthetically with the weblog.  if ppl don't know you then thier not going to care whether you have a webpage of any sort at all, however, if someone knows you and wonders what's been going on with you lately, then a weblog is a great way for them to unobtrusively find out what you're willing to share with the 'public'.

and as far as nasty nasty hot erotic photos of individuals....well..:)...you can always just put those in a special directory on the server that you don't link to and then give out the url to those special people ;)

M.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice