Personal Webpages: Classic Or Dud?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Imported

Gold Member

TragicWhiteKnight: Self-indulgent or a fabulous way of passing on information?

What should be on a good personal website?
    [and, no, naked pictures is not a serviceable answer :) ]

2. Imported

Gold Member

jerkin4-10: fabulous way of passing on information!...oops...sorry, i missed the naked pics part...self indulgent...but, im shallow... ;)

3. Imported

Gold Member

myriadian: hi,

i think the 'personal webpage' with it's poor layout and hokey flashing bars, lines, and letters (do people really intend to represent themselves as classless whoreish Las Vegas lounge act wannabes? i don't think so.) has been replaced aesthetically with the weblog.  if ppl don't know you then thier not going to care whether you have a webpage of any sort at all, however, if someone knows you and wonders what's been going on with you lately, then a weblog is a great way for them to unobtrusively find out what you're willing to share with the 'public'.

and as far as nasty nasty hot erotic photos of individuals....well..:)...you can always just put those in a special directory on the server that you don't link to and then give out the url to those special people ;)

M.

Draft saved Draft deleted