Persuasive Essay Topics

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mattbuddy, Oct 20, 2008.

1. mattbuddy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey Everyone - I had a question for all of you if you'd want to give me your thoughts and suggestions.
    For my speech class, I have to do a Persuasive Speech. I have gotten a few ideas from my friends, but like them, I don't know too many. :confused:
    So far I have only two and it's:
    1. Why you should rarely eat fast food.
    2. The need for genetically modified Crops to feed the hungry.

Does anyone here know anymore good topics I could consider? I want to keep these topics away from the controversial topics that could really screw me up. So I am trying to stay away from abortion or stem cell research or oil drilling and all that.
    If any of you want to throw a suggestion out, that would be great!

2. mattbuddy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    lol I'm going to do the Fast food one I think after thinking about it. Thanks :biggrin1:

3. whatireallywant

Gold Member

That should be easy to find research materials for, and you might want to see the film "Supersize Me" as part of the research as well.

I know I eat WAY too much fast food though, because I hate to cook and don't have the money for the fancy places... like the plaque I want for my kitchen says "If you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap and easy". :biggrin1:

Yeah, I'd pretty much want to stay away from the more controversial topics too, although they're very interesting topics! I just have been surrounded by people who are polar opposites of me on the controversial topics, and they get rather hostile to me if they know my opinions...

Draft saved Draft deleted