Perverting something pure

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Synergistic, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Synergistic

Synergistic Member

Albums:
    Ok, well if you could read the Japanese manga it wouldn't be so pure, but in the US Dragonball is largely marketed to children, though it shouldn't be.

http://japanimation.com/dbz/img/oe4301411.gif

This might show a new trend. Its a T-shirt.

2. Imported

Gold Member

Ineligible: I'm not sure it's so new. You can find on the Net much more flagrant pictures using Simpsons and Disney characters. Nor can I agree that it's a terrible perversion of purity. Dragonball Z is one of the purer animes around, but its main audience seems to be boys of early teens or a little younger, who are not exactly pure as driven snow. My pre-teen daughters could tell me all about the gay character in Sailor Moon whose gender was changed by censorious US translators, and the episodes of Sailor Moon and Pokémon that were considered too rude to include in the English-language version. I personally can't see any virtue in keeping from children in children's television what they hear all the time in the school playground, but you may disagree.

But there may be other issues that are more serious, of causing needless worry about penis size in young teens. Even there, though, what they could get from a T shirt would be a lot less than they'd get from their peers.

3. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: This is an off topic posting, it definately belongs in "Et. Cetera, Et. Cetera".

Draft saved Draft deleted