Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seems to me it is a post against people who have sexual contact in public, without consideration of anyone else around them--so keenobserver must be pro-selfish, and maybe even pro-pervert
+1 i'm with you

Reactions: sangheili90

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seems to me it is a post against people who have sexual contact in public, without consideration of anyone else around them--so keenobserver must be pro-selfish, and maybe even pro-pervert

The original reference was to men in the men's locker room and whether or not they engage in these sexual activities at this specific setting, it got reinterpreted as meaning all men who engage in circle jerks or any other type of guy on guy action are perverts regardless of where it took place.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Are you gay, straight or bi? If you had a young kid would you want a man who publicly masturbates near him or her?

Reactions: Scooter806

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Or, more to the point you should think before you post.

The op was only about gay people - not all people. That was the point.

The op point that doing things in public that are sexual could also logically be applied to people who post dick pics on an open group on the internet for all to see.

Think about it.

Reactions: Exbiker

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are you gay, straight or bi? If you had a young kid would you want a man who publicly masturbates near him or her?

Or a guy who puts his dick picks in a non secure public group? How far do you want to take this little man? The issue of doing sexual acts near children never was mentioned - until you brought it up. We see where yo're at - thanks for sharing.

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

ROTFLMAO - you most have really enjoyed looking those up. We have now reached the point of the thread where we quote Hamlet - "Me thinks the lady doth protests too much." Thanks for the laugh - still did not address any points, but it is funny!

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not a single other person had a problem with what I said.

I did?

You seem to approve of only your own sexuality, and your own ways of expressing it, and your own limits.

Let's talk about the children issue then? You mention it in this context, where it is almost entirely irrelevant - I do agree that children must be protected, to be clear. And yet in almost any supermarket in summer, in the US or UK at least, you can see young girls in woefully inappropriate clothing. That's much, much more significant and yet you choose to focus on gay people in locker rooms; I'm not saying their behaviour is always appropriate but I've seen things happen maybe three times in thirty years?

Reactions: keenobserver

kurt bishop

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To me expressing sexuality is not masterbating in a same sex lockeroom, or a place where others have to be forced into the situation.

An expression of sexuality can be what clothing you wear even if you wear tight short shorts with midriffs in full view, or a plain white t shirt with a small embroidered rainbow in it.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I did?

You seem to approve of only your own sexuality, and your own ways of expressing it, and your own limits.

Let's talk about the children issue then? You mention it in this context, where it is almost entirely irrelevant - I do agree that children must be protected, to be clear. And yet in almost any supermarket in summer, in the US or UK at least, you can see young girls in woefully inappropriate clothing. That's much, much more significant and yet you choose to focus on gay people in locker rooms; I'm not saying their behaviour is always appropriate but I've seen things happen maybe three times in thirty years?

I have been talking about people acting inappropriately in public, I have continually stated this since the very early stages of this thread, read the first page where I referenced myself. Anyone who does anything that has been discussed in this thread in a public setting with no discretion is a pervert and needs to be put on the sex offender list, there is a reason why it exists. I really shouldn't have to explain why people that do this are potentially a problem, if a man cant control himself from stroking his dick in the middle of the locker room what is stopping him from taking advantage of an underage individual who has caught his eye.....think about this very carefully.

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here are some of my experiences with this;

- Last year I had a male stalker that I had known from a while back, we were never romantically involved or anything like that. Anyway, he continuously sent me photos on my phone with him spreading his butt cheeks apart and other insane things that I did not want to see. That is a fucking freak who has no boundaries and yes it was taken care of a while ago.

- Just a couple weeks ago I got an online dating profile going and I got a message from a man asking if I wanted some "man pussy" and he attached a photo of him bent over with his butt cheeks spread apart. It specifically stated that I was only interested in women and yet this jackass felt the need to send that to me, again another individual who has no boundaries. I have several different women that I talk to online or on the phone regularly, though they don't live anywhere near me, and I would never send them pics of my dick without asking first and getting their consent.....that is the normal and healthy thing to do, I shouldn't have to explain this.

People displaying a total lack of boundaries over something like this is not normal behavior, which was why I bring up the notion that they aren't quite right in the head. This is not a reference to gay people, this is a reference to people who act inappropriately in public, I've explained this since the vey beginning over and over and over like a broken record.

Reactions: Serpentlike

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have been talking about people acting inappropriately in public, I have continually stated this since the very early stages of this thread, read the first page where I referenced myself. Anyone who does anything that has been discussed in this thread in a public setting with no discretion is a pervert and needs to be put on the sex offender list, there is a reason why it exists. I really shouldn't have to explain why people that do this are potentially a problem, if a man cant control himself from stroking his dick in the middle of the locker room what is stopping him from taking advantage of an underage individual who has caught his eye.....think about this very carefully.

It sounds like you are threatening me?

I'm not saying it's wonderful behaviour. I think children should be protected. And it is a legitimate thing to ask people to be very careful about.

But your obsession with it seems sonewhat unhealthy. I've seen it handful of times in three decades. And even that could have been misconstrued.

You seem determined to make out that all gay men are very bad people.

That just won't do.

Reactions: MisterB

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It sounds like you are threatening me?

I'm not saying it's wonderful behaviour. I think children should be protected. And it is a legitimate thing to ask people to be very careful about.

But your obsession with it seems sonewhat unhealthy. I've seen it handful of times in three decades. And even that could have been misconstrued.

You seem determined to make out that all gay men are very bad people.

That just won't do.

No one is obsessed with this, did you even read the OP and understood what this thread was originally about? I'm not talking about gay people specifically, what do you not understand about this? Either reread all of my posts from the start or just leave the thread, you have added nothing to this discussion.

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
No one is obsessed with this, did you even read the OP and understood what this thread was originally about? I'm not talking about gay people specifically, what do you not understand about this? Either reread all of my posts from the start or just leave the thread, you have added nothing to this discussion.

Yeah.

Anger - blame - denial.

Go for it.

:)

twinkfreek88ny

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The whole point is that they keep that on the down low, the other posters were trying to make it look like people were doing this shit in the open with no real discretion, that to me is unbelievable.
I realize this was almost 3 years ago...but for reference it sounds like what you are referring to is a bathhouse or "Spa" experience... However as previously mentioned those establishments would be more "Gay Community" places... I have been to a bathhouse, more than one actually, and they are set up like a gym in some cases...they have weight benches, sauna, steam room,showers...and also private rooms...the existence of private rooms meant nothing. I have seen(and participated in) 3-4 man circle jerks in a steam room, blowjobs in the sauna,sex in the shower... now obviously at a Planet Fitness or a Bally's things like this probably don't happen that often(if at all) but in a men's club, spa, bathhouse setting...out in the open is the point. and it'snot exaggeration. Just had to pipe up and mention that...

twinkfreek88ny

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I realize this was almost 3 years ago...but for reference it sounds like what you are referring to is a bathhouse or "Spa" experience... However as previously mentioned those establishments would be more "Gay Community" places... I have been to a bathhouse, more than one actually, and they are set up like a gym in some cases...they have weight benches, sauna, steam room,showers...and also private rooms...the existence of private rooms meant nothing. I have seen(and participated in) 3-4 man circle jerks in a steam room, blowjobs in the sauna,sex in the shower... now obviously at a Planet Fitness or a Bally's things like this probably don't happen that often(if at all) but in a men's club, spa, bathhouse setting...out in the open is the point. and it'snot exaggeration. Just had to pipe up and mention that...
sorry was looking at when you joined when I started with 'this was 3 years ago' not when the thread was started lol...everything else is still accurate.

twinkfreek88ny

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, having read the original post in this thread, the thread that started this(and the article in question), and the OP's responses and points of view in both threads here's what I've gathered....

First of all, in a country of about 60 million a study of 2000 people hardly qualifies as a workable sample size to assert that 25%(about 15 million people) have had or would have sex in a gym.

Secondly, OP's main issue stemmed not from the article itself, but from the responses TO the article when he posted it here in the initial(other) thread...namely that there were people openly sucking or jacking in a steam room, which he deems inappropriate. In a regular everyday run of the mill fitness club or membership based gym, I'd agree with him... Straight men and children are not interested in seeing hot and bothered guys in a steam room(Whatever their orientation may be) nor should they have to.

Thirdly, he stated this point intelligently...for about 30 seconds. When he was met with people who DID understand the idea of open, public,sexual contact he then reverted to calling such people insane, mentally challenged, or freaks.

The issue I'm seeing popup is that the original poster is being very set and specific in his idea of what a "Gym" is...and the "Freaks" as he calls us, are not. We are referring more to a "Spa" or Bathhouse type environment...places that are 18-21+ entrance only, with private rooms, saunas, and steam rooms...places where sexual, public, open contact is not only expected, but encouraged....

Planet fitness or the Y is not the place where 5 man circle jerks are happening...they are not the place where openly jacking or sucking in a steam room are common practices. Bathhouses however are such places. So the "Fantasies" and behaviors you speak of do in fact happen, daily, 24 hours a day...just not in places where those who aren't interested will be around to be offended.

Now I'm not saying there aren't men out there who will walk around naked and hard in a locker room to get attention, or sit in a steam room with a hardon, looking for stares... but in a standard "meant for workout" gym that will rarely go further. Exhibitionism in itself is not in my own(or many other people's for that matter) opinion, an inherently criminal thing. It is a kink...a fetish...exciting erotic etc.etc.

When and where one does it however is (as stated by OP) why there is not only a S.O. Registry, but different levels of the registry(Lot of SVU talking here don't quote me as being 100% accurate here) But in essence what I mean is, jerking off in a locker room and having someone happen upon you is entirely different than for example raping and murdering multiple women and children...

As others have said there is a time and place for such things... and Planet Fitness may not be one of them...that doesn't mean the local "spa" isn't...

Anyway, I think the Original Poster has some valid points...but he also could stand to open his view of the world and realize there are many different types of people, places, fantasies and behaviors in the world...and some of them may not fall into his own box of realistic understanding, but that doesn't mean that they are any less valid or worthy of existing.

If you see something in a gym (and I mean planet fitness type gym)...either report it, say something and try to stop it directly yourself, join in, or ignore it and move on...beyond that you have no options... literally those are your four options...pick one, go through with it, and leave it alone...cause in all honesty until you do see this or experience it...why does it affect you? Why, in the grand scheme of life, does it matter to you what consenting adult people you've never seen, met or known, did or did not experience with other consenting adults?

So yeah....that's my take on this...

sangheili90

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, having read the original post in this thread, the thread that started this(and the article in question), and the OP's responses and points of view in both threads here's what I've gathered....

First of all, in a country of about 60 million a study of 2000 people hardly qualifies as a workable sample size to assert that 25%(about 15 million people) have had or would have sex in a gym.

Secondly, OP's main issue stemmed not from the article itself, but from the responses TO the article when he posted it here in the initial(other) thread...namely that there were people openly sucking or jacking in a steam room, which he deems inappropriate. In a regular everyday run of the mill fitness club or membership based gym, I'd agree with him... Straight men and children are not interested in seeing hot and bothered guys in a steam room(Whatever their orientation may be) nor should they have to.

Thirdly, he stated this point intelligently...for about 30 seconds. When he was met with people who DID understand the idea of open, public,sexual contact he then reverted to calling such people insane, mentally challenged, or freaks.

The issue I'm seeing popup is that the original poster is being very set and specific in his idea of what a "Gym" is...and the "Freaks" as he calls us, are not. We are referring more to a "Spa" or Bathhouse type environment...places that are 18-21+ entrance only, with private rooms, saunas, and steam rooms...places where sexual, public, open contact is not only expected, but encouraged....

Planet fitness or the Y is not the place where 5 man circle jerks are happening...they are not the place where openly jacking or sucking in a steam room are common practices. Bathhouses however are such places. So the "Fantasies" and behaviors you speak of do in fact happen, daily, 24 hours a day...just not in places where those who aren't interested will be around to be offended.

Now I'm not saying there aren't men out there who will walk around naked and hard in a locker room to get attention, or sit in a steam room with a hardon, looking for stares... but in a standard "meant for workout" gym that will rarely go further. Exhibitionism in itself is not in my own(or many other people's for that matter) opinion, an inherently criminal thing. It is a kink...a fetish...exciting erotic etc.etc.

When and where one does it however is (as stated by OP) why there is not only a S.O. Registry, but different levels of the registry(Lot of SVU talking here don't quote me as being 100% accurate here) But in essence what I mean is, jerking off in a locker room and having someone happen upon you is entirely different than for example raping and murdering multiple women and children...

As others have said there is a time and place for such things... and Planet Fitness may not be one of them...that doesn't mean the local "spa" isn't...

Anyway, I think the Original Poster has some valid points...but he also could stand to open his view of the world and realize there are many different types of people, places, fantasies and behaviors in the world...and some of them may not fall into his own box of realistic understanding, but that doesn't mean that they are any less valid or worthy of existing.

If you see something in a gym (and I mean planet fitness type gym)...either report it, say something and try to stop it directly yourself, join in, or ignore it and move on...beyond that you have no options... literally those are your four options...pick one, go through with it, and leave it alone...cause in all honesty until you do see this or experience it...why does it affect you? Why, in the grand scheme of life, does it matter to you what consenting adult people you've never seen, met or known, did or did not experience with other consenting adults?

So yeah....that's my take on this...

I think it was made pretty clear that we were discussing a gym locker room, 99% of the general population would understand this as a place you go to lift weights, swim, do cardio, take a yoga class.....not as a "bathhouse" or other establishment where this type of behavior is readily known as being a regular and acceptable occurrence at this setting. Again, the reason why this is see as perverted or odd behavior is because you don't use the gym facilities for this very reason, its not acceptable. If you want to hook up with that guy, get his number and go to his place later, if you need to stroke your meat go use the stall, if you want to have a circle jerk go to the local "bathhouse". As I have repeated constantly, its not those specific behaviors that makes some one a pervert but instead its due to the setting of where these acts are taken place.

hornygymkid

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
This reminds me of an incident last year. I recently moved off campus and as a trained swimmer I started going to the local public swimming pool. It has a different atmosphere than the one at the university, with kids, seniors, and all sorts of classes going on. Most of the time the entire place is crowded. There is a big unisex sauna room, where men and women use wearing swimsuits. One day I went to the sauna after swimming and it was surprisingly empty. There was only one older guy in baggy swim shorts, who came in and sat directly across the room from me. Everything was normal, then suddenly I looked up and saw the guy's balls were outside of the right leg of his shorts, and he was staring directly at me. I was shocked because never in my life had someone flashed me like this. I immediately looked down as my heart was racing. Was that an accident or intentional? His shorts looked big when he came in and there was no logical way that one side could be completely pulled up to reveal his balls by accident. Was he sending a signal? The guy looked at least fifty. For a guy who never had any real homosexual experience, I just froze and stared at my own feet for five minutes before I finally calmed down and decided to ignore what just happened. Then the balls disappeared, his shorts went back to normal, and he wasn't looking at me anymore.

So in a way I agree with sangheili90. I was almost scared. Just because I'm generally a horny person doesn't mean I want to hook up with a stranger at the pool or gym, male or female. I'm in a relationship, and even if I were to hook up with a random guy for my first time, I wouldn't dare doing it this way; I'd at least get to know the person a little bit, on tinder or at a bar, before taking out each other's junk.

But at the end, isn't it safer to just ignore these incidents than to call them out on it? I could have reported him, this could be sexual harassment, but then he would know it's me and would hate me. What would he do when he sees me next time at the pool? It's better to ignore so he understands that I'm not interested and won't bother me again. Confrontation would only instigate anger and hate, and that's what can turn a person into a real sex offender.

Status
Not open for further replies.