Pervy Clerks at Macy's (or anywhere for that matter)

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by ConstructionWorker, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ConstructionWorker

ConstructionWorker New Member

Has this ever happened to anyone? While shopping for new underwear not too long ago, the clerk in the Men's Dept. kept following me and making weird comments like "2xist is a wonderful underwear"....at least it sounded weird to me; underwear is not something I really needed any assistance with, but he obviously thought so. It was right after work and I was all geared up and smelly; he might have thought I was either completely out of my element or possibly not even in the "right" store. Anyway, I left and ordered what I needed off the net.

A similar incident occured while being fitted for a tux, I was in my underwear (briefs in those days) because he said he needed to measure my inseam or sumpin and I swear he was gettin off on it. I was only 19 or 20 at the time, I didn't know any better. But lookin back on it I think he spent way longer than it should take to get a measurement.

#1 ConstructionWorker, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. D_Dick_King_Hoff

D_Dick_King_Hoff Account Disabled

Like Joey's tailor on Friends who cups his balls haha
    Hasn't happened to me but it made me think of that, bit creepy!

3. bendigoboi

bendigoboi New Member

Albums:
    I thought the annoying, persistent attention in Macy's was because of minimum wage, and the possibility of earning commission or a tip from the sale!

It was certainly my experience, regardless of what I was buying, or which city I was in.

4. ConstructionWorker

ConstructionWorker New Member

Never knew they were on commission, someone told me they were union workers actually.

5. B_Craiggers

B_Craiggers New Member

Mr Humphries, are you free?

6. niceone0305

niceone0305 Active Member

Albums:
    "Yes Captain Peacock ! I am free!"
    "Mr. Granger are you free?"

7. B_R_I_E_F

B_R_I_E_F Member

Men's Wearhouse, Josef A. Banks, and Neiman Markus give great customer service.

Some of the finer departments stores also require their staff to mail hand written thank you notes. Ever get one of those? It kind of creeps you out if you aren't expecting it.

I was on an overnight business trip that got extended for a week. I packed too light and ended up needing to stock up on clothes. The note i received was a general "we appreciate your business and call me if there's anything you need during your stay..." But at the time I was freaked because 1. they sent it to the hotel I was at; 2. I thought, it was a bit much for what I purchased, 3. I wasn't sure if I was being hit on with the phone number... it wasn't a main store line it was the guy's cell phone.

8. D_Alec_Baldtwins

D_Alec_Baldtwins Account Disabled

Yep, there's this pervy older clerk who made suggestive comments to me when I was trying on some stuff at Macy's. Wasn't a big deal, though.

9. badgerii

badgerii Member

Albums:
    Same! At Macys I was picking up some new underwear and the sales clerk kept following me around making comments about my Jeans and how good they looked on me. He was blatantly hitting on me... kinda creepy...

10. WSEATTLE

WSEATTLE Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I had a young lady feel the need to measure my inseam and stare and my bulge not so innocently a few years ago. I loved it.

11. guynmn

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I used to shop at a men's clothing store where the manager would magically appear whenever I walked in. Never left my side, would lay clothes on the floor in front of me (displaying a complete outfit) and usually tried to help me try them on. Never let him in the dressing room but he dud re-tuck my shirt a few times. Never creeped me out too much plus he gave me his discount and always dressed me nice. Kind of a flattering power trip.

12. Jean Deaux

Jean Deaux Member

I trade exclusively with Jos A. Bank and enjoy getting an e-mail thank-you note from time to time. All of the salesmen are excellent though admittedly I have a couple of guys that I prefer waiting on me. They know what I like and do a good job of helping me select.
    I have been in other cities and needed items. When I do, I try for a JAB store and find the same level of service.
    Never had anyone make me uncomfortable --which would be hard to do.
    They probably are just trying to help this old guy look as nice as he can.

13. Sergeant_Torpedo

Gold Member

Sounds like the male version of the batty high school senior who is so in love with herself that she thinks every guy is lusting after her. Most people are not that desperate belive me.

14. rd62624

Gold Member

they work on commission , i use to work in retail when i was in college. And they( the company) use to send writtern notes to our special or big spenders

15. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    yes mr humphries i am free
    mrs slocome are you free?

16. catman

Gold Member

There used to be a great independent Mens Store here, (there were several large pvt schools nearby and everyone went there for uniforms). The service was great, not creepy but they knew you. I bought a few suits there, the tailor was an older african american gentlemen- great guy, knews his stuff, when he was measuring my cuffs he glanced up, saw my crotch and said 'let me remeasure you', deftly reached up, slip his (huge) hand up either side of my groin, hit my cock, stepped back, ran his measure from balls to cock. Said 'I think I can fit that better on you' nodding to my groin (I suspect he was a big man (hard to tell) was a great suit! I took my sons there for suits for a wedding. He saw me and asked if they needed fitting. I realized what he meant and said yes. I explained to my sons this was part of the fitting (one laughed when his going got brushed, I think 2 had hardons).

Was really sad the day the place closed (competition and the property was too valuable) hard to find honest good service like that any more. they knew there were a MENS store. period. some men have fit issues...

17. edonline

Gold Member

Boyd's in Philadelphia offers expert tailoring. Also, there were a few old world tailors in South Philly who would not only tailor your existing clothes but could fit an off the rack suit to a perfect fit.

18. D_Butt_Abbott

D_Butt_Abbott New Member

heh, I AM a pervy clerk. Not at Macys, but I stare at men when I see one worth staring at. Hopefully I'm not too obvious.

19. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ConstructionWorker: I understand how you feel. I like the store sales staff to answer my questions when I ask and give me suggestions if I ask, but otherwise, if I say I'm fine or just looking, leave me alone. Same goes for car salepeople.

Despite the fact that you just finished work, I would imagine that the guy thought you were hot and wanted to stike up conversation with you. Let's face it. A construction worker is the epitome of a rugged, masculine guy, and gay guys love that stuff. I'm gay and like butch, athletic guys, not the prissy GQ type. Even so, there is a certain distance that one needs to keep. He could have been friendly and polite, told you to let him know if you need anything, but he should have backed off and given you the space to shop.

20. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    What is it with them and their constant sales? :confused: Buy one get one free etc etc etc. Are they selling suits or oriental rugs?

Draft saved Draft deleted