Pet Peeves

People that do not give a little wave when you let them in front of you in traffic. Would be nice if other drivers acknowledged and exercise a bit of road etiquette now and then. Then there probably would not be so much BLooDY GoDAMn RoAD RAgE! :)

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
following that same traffic foolishness theme
myself travelling very comfortably on the major motorway at 100km, the expectation is that any driver coming off an on ramp into the traffic flow is expected to 'merge like a zip'

so this young driver, with a carload of yahooing mates, blatantly heads toward me at speed expecting me to slow down to accommodate his entrance, and for me to adjust my speed and 'merge like a zip' with him, if he was a fraction earlier, road etiquette dictated that i should have given him that option, but not in this case,so i chose to not, and allowed myself to get dangerously but safely close to his vehicle

the yelling and cursing i was subjected to ... i could sense would have been an occasion and one of those times when a shotgun toting person would have blasted the ignorant f......s ..

B_ILIW

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
People that do not give a little wave when you let them in front of you in traffic. Would be nice if other drivers acknowledged and exercise a bit of road etiquette now and then. Then there probably would not be so much BLooDY GoDAMn RoAD RAgE! :)

I admit I don't do this, but then I don't give a shit generally and if somebody wishes to attempt to beat me because I didn't wave at him, he'd prepare for a hospital stay (either to nurse broken bones or a psychiatric unit.. haha.)

D

D_Kay_Sarah_Sera

Christmas. I cant stand getting together with people i never see just to give them bullshit presents

Heh. I never started giving presents-in fact the other day, when talking to a girl friend who was sooo excited about making Christmas cards (and I rolled my eyes mentally) but she's a good friend of mine so I let her babble on. Then when she finally stopped I said "You know I just realized....I've never made a single holiday card for anyone"

Yeah so I don't give presents yet I still receive them. In fact the more I protest that I don't want any, the more lavishly they are heaped upon me (this was a hypothesis I decided to test out a few years back and it's still working to this day)

I think I'm sort of a winner in this arena

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Loud commercial programming on the television. Thank God for the mute button. I like to pause a program for about 1/2 an hour or so then fast forward thru commercials as I'm watching. Rocket science!....lol....:ugh2:

D

deleted957600

1. Extremely rude people

2. GMOs

3. Drivers who fail to signal. I once assumed a car to my left was going to go straight as it was going a little fast and wasn't signaling a right turn. As I started to cross with my dogs, it turned in front of me. I quickly jumped back and my blood went cold. One second of turn signal use could have prevented this.....

4. Children behaving obnoxiously in restaurants.

5. Donating to non profits and then being asked for more money later via a mailing.

TheHappyWhore

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a pet peeve that I found I do myself and that's when I fold laundry shirts, pants, socks, etc. are inside out and half of the time its my clothes.

Other things that grate on my nerves are people who walk across the street slowly when there's oncoming traffic. And this always seems to happen when you're late for work, people that don't have their bus fare ready and you have to watch them dig through their purse/pocket.

Reactions: daredevil6611

igotthebigone

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Two right now:

1. Drivers who won't use turn signals because they're talking on the phone.

2. Christmas newsletters instead of simple cards. "We're so proud of our son, Junior, only 12 years old, who this year discovered a cure for cancer and his little sister, Hortense, who won a Clio for her performance in that famous Toys-R-Us commercial....." etc.
that's mine,drivers who don't use signals