PETA=Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by nudeyorker, Apr 10, 2009.

1. nudeyorker

Gold Member

So I'm reading today that PETA asked the Pet Shop Boys to change the name of their group to The Shelter Rescue Boys...they declined but then I came across this gem...
    PETA?s Pet Slaughterhouse
    It's somehow surreal to me that a group whose name means People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals could only find homes for seven of the 2,216 animals that it had in its custody in 2008 and killed and cremated the rest!

#1 nudeyorker, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Peta is nothing but a self obsessed diva who preys upon the sycophantic weaknesses of people who are more concerned with animals' feelings than with human beings.

The crazy, conflicted, and egomaniacal bitch in charge of that organization is living rich fat and happy, and attracting and supporting fringe mentalities, terrorists, and ethically challenged losers who have difficulty connecting with their fellow men.

Its an extremist cult group that funds a lavish lifestyle for its "guru", who exhorts lawlessness, hatred, and vandalism and call it "ethical".

3. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Please tell me you're kidding.

4. Flashy

Gold Member

well, i have a dual perception of PETA.

I admire and appreciate much of the good and honest work they do.

But also, some of their bizarre and overboard activities have a tendency to get in the way and negatively color the good work that they do.

I support a great many of their policies, but i do not agree with all of them, like absurd "renaming" of things etc.

I would like to see far better conditions and federal regulations allowing animals on factory farms access to fresh air and more human conditions, because it is brutal what goes on...

however, when PETA tells everyone to become a vegetarian and then screams and stomps its feet, it defeats the message.

for every good thing it does, like opposing the seal hunts or the dolphin hunts in gJapan or dogfighting, it then does something incredibly stupid that makes them look like idiots.

it is not productive to behave like that.

i tried going vegetarian...I could not do it, because the choices were not enough for me,

but i eat mostly chicken and eggs, steak or burger maybe once a month, pork maybe once a month at most, never veal and i hate fish and never touch it except for some shellfish on occasion.

i think there are alot of folks like me, who eat meat, but do not want those animals on farms to suffer or be treated horrifically before they become our meals...nobody with a heart wants that...

I do not want elephants in circuses, or dolphins and orcas in captivity, or chimps being scientifically experimented on as these are creatures with extremely high emotional levels, and there is something inhuman in treating such intelligent and endearing creatures of all types like this...

as with most things, the answer lies somewhere in the center, between the extremes.

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

6. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
  7. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

nudeyorker:

I wonder how much it costs to properly dry clean your full length mink coat. It must be terribly expensive.

Cruella De Vil had a coat just like yours except it was made out of dalmations.

8. nudeyorker

Gold Member

My three coats and their care have nothing to do with what PETA is doing to these animals thank you very much! And the story you refer is fiction. What PETA is doing is not.

#8 nudeyorker, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  9. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do u eat fish?
    They are no longer to be called FISH... they are SEAKITTENS!!! www.seakittens.com

what kind of fucked up cult indoctrination program are these people trying to do?!

Excellent kind of expose on PETA by Penn and Teller on that show BullSh*t find clips on youtube. Why would you need to buy a freezer the size of a large room? find the clip and watch it.

They are a cult, they are a religion almost..... save the animals preach it but don't actually PRACTICE it.

10. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

I get the distinct feeling that the leaders of PETA don't love animals so much as they can't stand the thought of an animal suffering. A dead animal is no longer suffering. There you go. They also believe that pit bulls should all be exterminated -- that the breed should be wiped off the face of the earth forever. I think the same reasoning is behind that -- as long as there are pit bulls, most will be treated cruelly in order to be made into fighting dogs and weapons for drug dealers -- so they want to eliminate that possibility by not letting any pit bulls live in the first place.

I do generally believe in the concept of animal rights, though. And Phil, I saw Ingrid Newkirk -- that "egomaniacal bitch" speak at my college my freshman year, back when she was a really hot Swedish chick. I went up to talk to her after and she gave my a hug. I had a crush on her for years after that ...

11. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nude,

I know at least ONE member who's going to be upset about this! But i'll leave the corny Italian child out of this.

Unfortunately, that article, though essentially true, does not actually expose hypocrisy on the part of PETA. They honestly believe that a pet is a slave, and that the "slaves" don't have a suitable natural habitat to live in any longer, and so they are better off dead.

I am a vegetarian. That said, I think PETA is moronic. If you, or anyone else, wants to eat beef - go right ahead. I desperately want to get a kitten for a pet. I currently have two pet fish, several pet snails, and a population of Daphnia that i feed to the pet fish. FYI, Daphnia are commonly known of as "water flees" and they make excellent live food for Bettas. PETA would call me a murderer.

I think animals should be treated ethically. My definition of ethical differs from PETA's. I think humans can successfully keep animals as pets without causing them harm. I think many animals provide humans with useful products, and that in exchange we provide those animals with shelter and food. I'm a scientist who understands that many medications and surgical procedures must first be tested on lab animals before they can go on to human testing.

I don't agree with "hunting" for animals from helicopters, or using semi-automatic weapons, or any related activities. I don't think you should own a dog so you can put it in a 2X2 ft cage, outdoors, on a cold winter day. I don't think horses should be housed on concrete slabs. Puppy and Kitten Mills should not exist. And I really don't see the point to raising an animal solely so you can kill it, skin it, and then throw away the carcass. But PETA would call me a murderer.

12. conchis

Gold Member

Albums:
    fuck you little toy :)

13. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    With pleasure! But... aren't you 100% straight?

Eh, it doesn't matter, really, you're hot. :biggrin1:

14. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Its all nonsense, there are plenty of issues to be concerned about besides this wanky shit. What the fuck is next, ethical treatment of plants. No vaccines because we kill helpless microbes. Maybe we should give up coffee because we boil or steam coffee beans to death.

15. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hope someone called Ricki Lake.

16. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    There's a great South Park episode that tears into PETA: "Douche and Turd," season 8.

17. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

hmmm ... wasn't this the same reaction abolitionists and civil rights advocates used to get? :scratchchin:

18. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not exactly. You see, nobody ever caught any abolitionists killing slaves...

Nice try though! I wonder if your friend faceking will come behind you and say "as usual, the lefties play the race card." :rolleyes:

19. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    Peta.........people eating tasty animals

20. hoggindaz

hoggindaz New Member

Theres a bunch of damn pansies on here. i eat steak whenever the hell i want and no leather faced fruitcake bitch is gonna change that. i had a girl walk up to me in a bar and her and her little pussywhipped boyfriend both asked "uhhm excuse me is that real fur??" i said "yes" and she has the nerve to start lecturing me on how bad that is that animals are in cages BOOHOOO!!! i couldnt believe her nerve i said yeah i know but guess what? i dont give a damn and in front of everyone loud enough to hear i said "you are a fucking racist" i said "you dont care that millions of black and asian people are being killed in zimbabwe, sierra leone and burma but you care about a damn weasel??!?! and she just stood there shocked and her boyfriend said "hey buddy" "dont fucking talk to her like that!!" i couldnt believe these nutty assholes so i just looked at his girlfriend and said "so does your boyfriend like to get slapped in the face?" and then he tried to puff up and started swearing but i just stared him down and his girlfriend pulled him away. as i was walking out i started stroking my fur and looking at them smiling.

i gotta be careful though, im living on the west coast, and norcal and portland are like magnetrons for hippie-environmentalists.

Draft saved Draft deleted