Petition to readmit chicagosam

Should chicagosam be reinstated? (This poll is anonymous.)

• Yes, let him back in.

Votes: 75 59.1%
  • No, rules are rules. He violated the ToS and should be kept away forever.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 27 21.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I will go further to state that I think that if someone knows that a banned member is here posting, they should be banned as well--because you're an accomplice.

And isn't it funny how this site started out with no formal mods - trolls were dealt with by the membership at large - and now a moderator is asking for the membership to do the moderators' jobs for them again.

Guess we won't be needing you anymore, psNsync, if that comes to pass.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Fuck that, and fuck you, you cowardly, Nazi cunt.

If you were half as good a moderator as you think you are, this place would actually be decently run and we wouldn't be seeing threads like this one.

If you can't do what you think is your "job" properly, don't expect the rest of us to bail you out and do it for you.

That was uncalled for. Change your IP address and come back soon.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I *THINK* it's under the technicality of, "he never logged in again to the accounts he left behind" clause. :rolleyes: In these cases, I really believe that the old accounts should be "closed", "converted to Guest" or whatever the Admin function is that would prevent an "accidental" accessing of the old account. There has definitely been the case of a legit mistake of a user opening the old account that was cached, and no sense anyone getting banned over something so simple, and also removes the temptation from those who aren't as honest.

Actually, no. He started a "18% bigger thread" with one account. Then posted with another (Without ever telling us). He knew exactly what he was doing. Matthew (of course) was among the first to catch it (after we had given him the benefit, mind you).

prepstudinsc said:
I hope this post makes it over to another site for you all to bitch about.

If I wanted to bitch about you, I would do so here. And I haven't. I've taken the "leave well enough alone" route and patently ignored you. Sadly the same can not be said for you. This is the second time you have taken a benign post I made and tried to slam me for it. Did you notice that your last post that you wanted to make it over there did not? I am sure you did since you read the other site so often.

You supposedly come from a moral high ground, and many know better. Sending cock pics to members who are not (at that time) 18 isn't really in God's plan is it? Or am I missing something?

Next.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't really find it acceptable to call someone a cunt in a thread unless they've exhibited truly cuntish behaviour. The mods on this site are, by and large, ok.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you're too stupid to realize what the implications of psNsync's little gem are, then you're truly as banal and shallow as everyone has said.

Take your own advice.

You are being anal. Just because someone thinks that a person should be banned because they know of a banned member who has come back, does not make it a TOS rule. You are overreacting over nothing.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Fuck that, and fuck you, you cowardly, Nazi cunt.

If you were half as good a moderator as you think you are, this place would actually be decently run and we wouldn't be seeing threads like this one.

If you can't do what you think is your "job" properly, don't expect the rest of us to bail you out and do it for you.

http://www.lpsg.org/40230-lpsg-terms-service-updated-7-a.html#post937464

Re-read the TOS--section 3.

This counts as your official warning. Should you make any other attacks on an LPSG member, you will then be temporarily banned. LPSG is supposed to be a fun place, but unfortunately some people don't understand that everyone needs to get along in order to do so. We don't have to agree on anything, but calling someone a Nazi cunt is uncalled for jsut because you don't like what someone posted.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Banning Sam was a loss to this site. "We" didn't ban him, a handful of people who were Mods at the time, banned him. They just un-banned a member who was very much trolling, after a week*... they should un-ban a member who actually made a contribution here.

Onan

*He's now a Gold Member, which brings the suspicion that Cash Talks.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Fuck the Superbowl, this thread is the BIG GAME. :wink::biggrin1::mad::cool::eek::confused::tongue::redface::smile::cool:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
http://www.lpsg.org/40230-lpsg-terms-service-updated-7-a.html#post937464

Re-read the TOS--section 3.

This counts as your official warning. Should you make any other attacks on an LPSG member, you will then be temporarily banned. LPSG is supposed to be a fun place, but unfortunately some people don't understand that everyone needs to get along in order to do so. We don't have to agree on anything, but calling someone a Nazi cunt is uncalled for jsut because you don't like what someone posted.

Good job.

Who's giving you your warning?

And that was an awfully quick moderator conference. I guess that old saw about votes and discussion has been put to rest.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Banning Sam was a loss to this site. "We" didn't ban him, a handful of people who were Mods at the time, banned him. They just unbanned a member who was very much trolling, after a week... they should unban a member who actually made a contribution here.

Onan

Ordinarily, the process is that a person gets an official warning, then they get temporarily banned, then if they violate the ToS again, it's a permanent ban, unless they are a minor--when it's a straight ban until they turn 18.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ahhhh, the selective memory that inhabits a certain other site. ChicagoSam had multiple IDs, which he knew was a violation. Knight/Wonderboy/ScaredLittleBoy is a different story. He let us know he was going to change screen names. All it takes is a little communication. Let the Mods know and the account can be changed, it's when no one communicates and then multiple IDs appear AND it's even worse when they post and respond to each other--which is something Sam did, just like your beloved Danny. Let's see--PonyPete and DMW used to communicate in threads, as did Dantesco and DMW, as did several personae who claimed to be DMW's brothers. It's that sort of nonsense that is bannable.

I will also say that I feel (note I'm just saying ME and not speaking for the rest of the Mods) that if a member here knows someone who has been banned is here under an alternate screen name, that person should be reported. I will go further to state that I think that if someone knows that a banned member is here posting, they should be banned as well--because you're an accomplice.

Should a vote be taken to readmit ChicagoSam, I will vote NO. How's that for being transparent?

I hope this post makes it over to another site for you all to bitch about.[/quote]

I needed this good laugh ...finally someone who is not afraid to voice his opinion...good for you...prepstudinc...you've got balls dude....you rock!!!!! the carrier pigeon's will certainly take this back to the other site...if not already lol

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Good job.

Who's giving you your warning?

And that was an awfully quick moderator conference. I guess that old saw about votes and discussion has been put to rest.

A warning is a totally different category from banning.

Status
Not open for further replies.