Petition to readmit chicagosam

Should chicagosam be reinstated? (This poll is anonymous.)

• Yes, let him back in.

Votes: 75 59.1%
  • No, rules are rules. He violated the ToS and should be kept away forever.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 27 21.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Nope, I don't believe they'll allow him to return, and my post said I had no expectations that they would. My hypothesis, and I see it's been given credence by others by the way the votes have tallied, was that the majority of people who cared one way or the other would be in favor of seeing chicagosam readmitted.

LPSG is not a democracy. It never has been, and if I have my say it never will be.

ahh I feel a lil safer.....

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's also an descriptive term, appropriate for one who would put an obligation on individuals to inform on their neighbours.

I suppose I'm not really surprised that so few people understand that.

Put your big boy pants on and apologize for calling someone a Nazi Cunt. You could have said a Dictator Dick.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Is all this sucking up part of your trying for your associate Mod badge, little boy?

I am not sucking up to anyone. If you go back I said that I disagreed with Prep's view that a person who knows that a banned person is back should be banned themselves.

The Mods here are not against us. We have the right to disagree with them, if you aggravate them they are only human and will not make you their favorite person.

I have nothing against you robjustrob.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry that someone such as myself has to step in on this one; but, I must. Calling a person a Nazi is a hurtful insult. Looking through various posts you took great offense when someone called you by another N word. Is it a threat? It can be seen as such if you take the meaning behind the word Nazi and all which it represents. Would you like to be called a fag bastard and thus risk being beaten and attacked? Answer it honestly. Answer honestly how you would feel and how you would react if that happened to you. Is there any proof that prepstudinsc is actually a Nazi? If there is none, then it is inappropriate and hurtful.

Inappropriate (depends on the context) and hurtful--yes (if he felt that way). A threat (which is what the warning is for)--no. Harassment?! Please.

I have been called a fag and a bastard and a shameless negro (by both a member and a moderator). I don't perceive any of them as threats. Do I like being called a Nigger? No. But someone calling me a sorry ass faggoty nigger on a website and someone posing harmful intent in real life saying the same is quite different.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
We have the right to disagree with them,

Not apparently.

if you aggravate them they are only human and will not make you their favorite person.

I don't particularly care if any of the mods like me; however, if they issue me with a warning, I'd prefer it to have an actual reason other than their not liking me.

I have nothing against you robjustrob.

So?

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Inappropriate (depends on the context) and hurtful--yes (if he felt that way). A threat (which is what the warning is for)--no. Harassment?! Please.

I have been called a fag and a bastard and a shameless negro (by both a member and a moderator). I don't perceive any of them as threats. Do I like being called a Nigger? No. But someone calling me a sorry ass faggoty nigger on a website and someone posing harmful intent in real life saying the same is quite different.
You are also a mealy-mouthed son of a bitch. Don't forget that. :biggrin1:

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Not apparently.

I don't particularly care if any of the mods like me; however, if they issue me with a warning, I'd prefer it to have an actual reason other than their not liking me.

So?
If you don't understand how your behavior is offensive, maybe you need to be banned. You're certainly not sensitive enough to get it. Or maybe you could just fuck off.

Before you do, would you be so kind as to vote in this poll if you haven't already?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's also an descriptive term, appropriate for one who would put an obligation on individuals to inform on their neighbours.

I suppose I'm not really surprised that so few people understand that.

Yes, but Rob you primarily attacked the person, not the behaviour. Hardly harassment, but not really necessary either.

True or not, justified or not - it was a poor tactic for getting any sort of result, other than the one you did. I do agree with Northland that Prepstud posting a warning to you in the thread which provoked it came across like an act of petulance. I may be wrong but I don't recall seeing that done that way before.

The suggestion that members inform on others or risk punishment as accomplices was stated as a personal opinion, not one representative of the Moderators as a whole which I suspect it's not...? IMHO it was out of line, and misguided, suggesting a lack of perspective and poor judgment on the part of Prepstud both as a member and as a moderator.

This is after all a message board, not a court of law.

On topic, I only exchanged words with Sam a few times and we got on fine and I was surprised when he was banned. I'd be happy to see him back, though I don't care for the precedent, as also alluded to by others. However, I think we can surmise, desirous of it or not, Sam won't be returning in his former guise any time soon, if ever.

Threads like this usually end up deteriorating into chest thumping. This one got there pretty fast. It's a shame.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Give ChicagoSam another chance.

It's graduation day for the all-black Bedford Stuyvesant High School, and
the kids are all getting diplomas except for Rodney. He's their star
basketball player, who could have gotten a full scholarship to go to any
school in the country, but since he didn't pass enough classes, he wasn't
even going to graduate.

As the diplomas are being handed out, Rodney shows up, and all the kids
start chanting, "Give Rodney a chance, give Rodney a chance."

So the principal says, "Okay, Rodney. If you can answer this question, I'll
gives you a diploma and you can graduate. What is three plus two?"

Rodney replies, "Eight."

The principal says, "No, it is five. You can't graduate."

The crowd chants, "Give Rodney another chance, give Rodney another chance."

The principal says, "Okay, Rodney. If you can answer this question, I'll
gives you a diploma and you can graduate. What is five minus one?"

Rodney replies, "Two."

The principal says, "Sorry, Rodney, it is four. You can't graduate."

The crowd chants, "Give Rodney another chance, give Rodney another chance."

The principal says, "Okay, Rodney, this your last chance... what is three
times three?"

Rodney answers, "Nine."

The crowd pauses... and then they start chanting, "Give Rodney another
chance... give Rodney another chance..."

Splat

Just Browsing
Media
You are also a mealy-mouthed son of a bitch. Don't forget that. :biggrin1:

Actually I've come to like even Lex too. You see, people can be angry with one another and not have it define the entire nature of their relationship. Well.. with some anyhow. There are others who bear no redeeming qualities however who they are shall remain known to many (particularly them) without naming names.

So I'll disagree with you Hickboy.

As for chicagosam I'm certain he couldn't care less whether he's reinstated or not. And the word on the street has it that your absentee landlord never reinstates anyone. You see the whole moderator problem lies in its inclination to ban according to personal dislike.

It'll never make this a very interesting place again.

Those banned should consider themselves blessed.

You - Charlestonian - need to take yourself a tad less seriously.

(oh and as an aside? If multiple identities were a REAL and consistent reason for banning your membership would be reduced by easily fifty percent)

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.