Petition to Rename "Politics" to "Men's Issues"

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"The Best a Man Can Get" -- OMG! Kegels to Christmas Music?! Hahahahahahaha! OMG x five million! That might just be the most hilarious thing I have read on this wonderdul site. Simply priceless. I need a tissue. Brb :)

Last edited:

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
She's right here ;-). Sorry I'm late, but as usual I've been very busy getting lost in the Gallery, which might give you a clue as to why I have not posted any political thoughts - ever, and you do know how much I like to play with the threads as well. I am a Republican, always have been and always will be. Enough said? Are we still friends...cause I only have an hour to edit this and you might not log on time and then I have to annoy fb to do it for me! So please say yes and give us both a break :). Off the the gallery. Poof!!
I lol'd!
But, yeah, where my women at?

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Additionally, unlike several politics posters, the women also seem to post outside of this forum with ease. Admit it, you guys are just envious of the female versatility. :biggrin1:

Envious?
Me?

Not true.
I too am versatile.
I even write poetry.
:wink:

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually "Politics" should be renamed "Conservatives' having issues with Obama". :rolleyes:
Q.F.T.!!!
We agree on something.:biggrin1:
Anyway......
C.B.:saevil:

C.B. you are lucky Mr. Ed and myself are both gentlemen or we might gang up on you and beat you over the head with long tubular objects.

I know you might actually enjoy that, but you will have to wait until we are finished listening to "The Michael Savage Show" :tongue:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Envious?
Me?

Not true.
I too am versatile.
I even write poetry.
:wink:
So, you're in touch with your feminine side? :biggrin1:

She's right here ;-). Sorry I'm late, but as usual I've been very busy getting lost in the Gallery, which might give you a clue as to why I have not posted any political thoughts - ever, and you do know how much I like to play with the threads as well. I am a Republican, always have been and always will be. Enough said? Are we still friends...cause I only have an hour to edit this and you might not log on time and then I have to annoy fb to do it for me! So please say yes and give us both a break :). Off the the gallery. Poof!!
1 more lady! :boobies:
Hope I didn't miss something due to the edit. :(

Absolutely nothing wrong with being a Republican! I like that whole gentleman on the street, freak in the sheets kind of thing they have going on and I'm thinking you fall into that category, Curious. MmM! :naughty:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why are all the posts in this forum by men?

Why do so few women opine in this forum?

They're surely not devoid of the desire for political discourse?

Is it because the women come to LPSG for other reasons?

That doesn't account for for the gay men that post here.

Should I do a poll? Is it worth the hassle?
Uh huh huh, huh huh . . . He said "pole"!

Heh heh, heh heh heh . . . Yeah, and before that, he said "the women come"!

Uh huh huh huh . . .

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
i meant this is where i come to have my male period. why would i even see gender in politics? its about views, not what someone has between their legs. man or women, if you disagree with me, your a cunt. end of.

Nekoman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i meant this is where i come to have my male period. why would i even see gender in politics? its about views, not what someone has between their legs. man or women, if you disagree with me, your a cunt. end of.

It's a place where men can let it all hang out without worrying about offending anyone, without being "correct?"

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
But, just to clarify, not all of the posts here are by men. I, Red, Gillette, Bliss, Zoe, Snoozan, and a few others have regularly added our opinions to political topics. Additionally, unlike several politics posters, the women also seem to post outside of this forum with ease. Admit it, you guys are just envious of the female versatility. :biggrin1:

It hasn't gone unnoticed, and it's much appreciated.

Then again, the most active member of the political threads is female. She's all over that subforum... driving the guys crazy. I think that continually skewing the truth would drive anybody crazy, though. Of all the ladies that you've mentioned, I see that you are the only one who still posts in that forum.

I miss Zora's unique insight.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It hasn't gone unnoticed, and it's much appreciated.

Then again, the most active member of the political threads is female. She's all over that subforum... driving the guys crazy. I think that continually skewing the truth would drive anybody crazy, though. Of all the ladies that you've mentioned, I see that you are the only one who still posts in that forum.

I miss Zora's unique insight.
Madame Zora? I read a few of her posts back when one thread would like to an older one and she seemed like a straight talking, bitchy, atheist - my kind of woman. :09: Would love to see her return, but, as with others, I guess there was a reason why she left.

All of the ladies I mentioned are still around, I think, with the exception of Snoozan. As far as Trinity goes, until I cleared my ignore list last week, she had been on it for better than a year. Since then, I have read a few of her posts and I can't say she is anymore relentless than the people who regularly get into it with her that also do not want to give up.

I'm not going to call anyone out, but there is one person in particular who I think is similar to Trinity in that respect, but the person isn't criticized for it, even when getting into name calling. In fact, a few are like that, so I hesitate to cast her as *the* problem. Although, MidLifeBear will disagree... lo siento, papi. :08:

In general, I wish a few female posters were allowed to return, though, including Jennuine :mad:, DFly, and Kink.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I used to post on political threads when they were in the etc. forum, but those inevitably degenerated into 'Oh no you didn't' 'Oh yes I did' 'You're stupid' 'No, YOU're stupid' 'Wanker' 'Cunt' by page 3. When this forum was created I read in it for a while and I think I posted a few times - it was an entirely futile experience. The regual posters are far more interested in arguing with each other than actually debating any real issues.

I'm perfectly prepared to ignore this subforum and go elsewhere for political discussion and I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone use the Politics forum here for current affairs information.

As for whether women are generally less political than men, not the ones I know - I'd say it's about 50/50.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Madame Zora? I read a few of her posts back when one thread would like to an older one and she seemed like a straight talking, bitchy, atheist - my kind of woman. :09: Would love to see her return, but, as with others, I guess there was a reason why she left.

All of the ladies I mentioned are still around, I think, with the exception of Snoozan. As far as Trinity goes, until I cleared my ignore list last week, she had been on it for better than a year. Since then, I have read a few of her posts and I can't say she is anymore relentless than the people who regularly get into it with her that also do not want to give up.

I'm not going to call anyone out, but there is one person in particular who I think is similar to Trinity in that respect, but the person isn't criticized for it, even when getting into name calling. In fact, a few are like that, so I hesitate to cast her as *the* problem. Although, MidLifeBear will disagree... lo siento, papi. :08:

In general, I wish a few female posters were allowed to return, though, including Jennuine :mad:, DFly, and Kink.

MZ rocked my world when she posted, and she'd have a few keen insights to impart were she to return (which I know to be highly unlikely, though she lurks occasionally).

The issue with Trinity, in a nutshell, is that s/he is a deeply disingenuous, and therefore unserious, person. I attempted to discuss things with him/her several times when s/he first joined until his/her circuitous and intentionally confounding "debate style" caused me to put him/her on ignore.

And unlike the others you mention (most of whom are personal friends, yourself included), I do not believe that the person who posts under the name Trinity is a woman at all: sorry, I just don't. That's why I coined the nickname Trannity.