Petition to Rename "Women's Issues"

Should "Women's Issues" be renamed?

• Total voters

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd like to appeal to the mods, admin and Rob_E (whomever decides these things) that this section of the forum be renamed or split into a subforum so that it correctly represents the content.

I've discussed this with quite a few women and it's a frequent complaint that what gets posted in here is often not an issue that relates to women, but rather a request to hear answers which can be used as masturbation material. Being that this is a sex site, that's not such a big deal, but lets be upfront about it and not beat around the bush.

It's not too much to ask that women be taken seriously when it comes to issues that affect our health, sex life and in general.

Thanks for listening.

Patch.

PS. Please show your support in this thread and give suggestions on what this section could be renamed to.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Call it 'Period Clots', it'd keep the guys out.

But seriously, we've got this tiny little area of the forum and I'm sure most of us would be pleased to answer genuine questions from men, but most of them are questions that have already been asked a thousand times (search the forum guys), as you said, questions attempting to generate wank material, or questions couched in such a way that they're telling us what we think.

They're often answered by women who aren't really women, who are just telling the guys what they think they want to hear, being men of course they provide the perfect wank fodder. If we do pitch in and answer we're often told no that's wrong, so it's fairly obvious they don't want an honest answer, they want a reinforcement of what they already decided we think.

Give us a little respect guys, there aren't many of us on here and we do our best :)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Vagina Vagaries

Comical Clits

Pussy Posts

What the heck kind of a poll doesn't offer the opportunity to vote no? :irked:

Victoria

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nothing wrong with the forum name necessarily. just needs to be reclaimed for it's intended purpose and moderated abit more scrupulously to maintain any sort of relevance / integrity / long term significance.
Perhaps sticky a "read before you post here" womans issues etiquette thread outlining a few ground rules and elect exclusively FEMALE moderators to remove crap / prune out the obvious wank material at their discretion.

This could be a really useful resource to members with genuine questions if someone picked up the torch *cough*patchos*cough*

Last edited:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ask a woman anything forum. (Please don't)
Women's perspectives.

It's not like changing the title of the forum is going to change what threads get started in it.

Even if we only spoke amongst ourselves of lipstick, shoes, menstrual cramps or yeast infection discharge, someone, somewhere, will consider it wank fodder.

I have asked questions of the gay male population regarding gay issues because I was curious, not because I wanted to whack off. I've also answered questions relating to gay male sex because I've either spoken with gay men about it or read something about it that I thought might pertain to the OP. The het men who start threads might just have the same motive, curiosity, and those who answer WI threads are even a step ahead of my posts on gay male issues in that they've had first hand experience of sex with a woman. Not once have I been chased off these threads for not having a valid position or POV.

Frankly I find it more than a little odd that despite how many times we've argued that there shouldn't be any segregation of forums between gay and straight that the women seem bound and determined to forbid men asking questions or posting answers that the women haven't pre-approved.

Please remember the subheading of this forum reads "A special place for women (men are welcome to participate too)".

If you think a thread is wank fodder, don't participate. How difficult is that really?
We already got the show off forum created so we won't be asked questions about a particular dick but instead of enjoying the relief we're now pushing for no men allowed (something we already have with the Real Women's Group and the threads therein)?

Count me out. This segregationist shit pisses me off no end.

Last edited:

tiff86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah I sorta agree w/you. Some of the threads guys start in here are weird but changing the name isn't gonna change that. Easiest thing is just don't post in a thread of you don't like it, it's real easy to ignore a thread and that'll maybe get them bored and stop them from posting some of that stuff.

Women's perspectives.

It's not like changing the title of the forum is going to change what threads get started in it.

Even if we only spoke amongst ourselves of lipstick, shoes, menstrual cramps or yeast infection discharge, someone, somewhere, will consider it wank fodder.

I have asked questions of the gay male population regarding gay issues because I was curious, not because I wanted to whack off. I've also answered questions relating to gay male sex because I've either spoken with gay men about it or read something about it that I thought might pertain to the OP. The het men who start threads might just have the same motive, curiosity, and those who answer WI threads are even a step ahead of my posts on gay male issues in that they've had first hand experience of sex with a woman. Not once have I been chased off these threads for not having a valid position or POV.

Frankly I find it more than a little odd that despite how many times we've argued that there shouldn't be any segregation of forums between gay and straight that the women seem bound and determined to forbid men asking questions or posting answers that the women haven't pre-approved.

Please remember the subheading of this forum reads "A special place for women (men are welcome to participate too)".

If you think a thread is wank fodder, don't participate. How difficult is that really?
We already got the show off forum created so we won't be asked questions about a particular dick but instead of enjoying the relief we're now pushing for no men allowed (something we already have with the Real Women's Group and the threads therein)?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Where did anyone say keep men out of it, we're asking them to show a bit of sense, thats no harder than ignoring a thread we don't like.
Where? Here. And that's just the most recent of a long history of women telling men they're unwelcome in this section.

Besides which, sense as determined by whom?

I recall being told the only stupid question was the one left unasked.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Women's perspectives.

Those are some good titles.

If someone gets off to that stuff, good on them. At least it's engaging us in conversation we want to talk about.

Come on now...Look at the threads in this section and tell me they are valuable. Are you contributing to most of them? If not, why?
I haven't argued about gay vs hetero segregation because it's not my issue to take aim with. Gay and hetero men are still both male. Women have an entirely different set of issues to deal with (not to mention transgender women!)

What does a special place mean other than a place where women's issues are discussed? Is it meant to be a joke? Because that's the message that is being sent when the content doesn't match the title. Rename this section "Wank Fodder" at the very least if that's the case.

The Real Ladies social group is only open to verified women. There are lots of women who chose for whatever reason not to be verified, that might want to contribute to discussion.

The suggestion to ban men was totally tongue-in-cheek. This isn't about segregation, it's about renaming the section to correctly reflect the topics.

Its_a_me_me

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I agree with Gilette and tiff. Anywhere, at any time, any one can take something someone else says (Male OR Female) and turn it into whack off material. Hell, I do it some times with stuff. And, no matter where you go, especially on a forum such as this, you're going to have trolls who either are just here to start fights or pretend to be of one sex in order to get their jollies. Renaming the forum or making it women only isn't going to stop that.

But, it looks like all I've said is going to fall on deaf ears, as someone feels that it needs to be renamed because "do not re-name" is not an option.

Last edited:

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Patchos wouldn't make a terrible mod.

First off: you can't even segregate, there's no way to tell if it's a guy or not behind the keyboard for sure.

Second off: all the women would leave if the guys couldn't post. This I am sure about.

Third off: this a forum about cocks. Trying to remove cocks from a subforum of said forum would be ... ridiculous.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was a joke, Gillette. Tounge-in-cheek.
And that's just the most recent of a long history of women telling men they're unwelcome to ask if their dick is enough/if women like a 5.22 or 7.49 inch girth/how wet their panties got when they saw their first monster dong/etc, in this section.
Is how it should read.
Besides which, sense as determined by whom?
Sense as determined by any of us who care about what is being posted. Every woman that has posted in this thread has that sense.

If you don't care, then you don't have to get involved.

turnstall

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There are and will always be trolls with the own set of agendas both in the womens forum and throughout.
Happens.
Like any book out there read the pages you like and flip past the pages that don't interest you.
....or the paragraphs.
You can make others to be reponsible for you, but you can be responsible for yourself.
ps. big hug patchos.