Petition to split stories hetero and gay stories

Discussion in 'Fictitious Stories' started by floopypoo22, Feb 13, 2010.

?

Do you want to split the fictitious stories category into straight and gay sections?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2010.
  1. Yes

73.1%
  2. No

26.9%
  1. floopypoo22

floopypoo22 Active Member

Hey there all, I just thought I'd try to start a movement to split to a two-section straight/gay subcategory of the larger ficitional stories category, as was already done with the Adult Websites section. Certainly this has been a helpful change for me over there (I waste a lot less time searching that way), and I imagine it will help immensely more in this forum, since it would accomplish two valuable things- for one I don't have to read the first 3 paragraphs of a story before I can tell if it's m/m or m/f (in the certainly less than infrequent case that someone doesn't mark it as such), and for two, and most importantly, it will prevent that feeling of disappointment I get when I find out that all of those bold titles represent stuff that doesn't turn me on. Who's with me?

#1 floopypoo22, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  2. D_Dagleishe Deadlyfarte

D_Dagleishe Deadlyfarte Account Disabled

Idk man... I like how this board is open to all types. Separating them will lead to more separations thus dividing the board and removing the group part from LPSG.

3. max90

max90 Member

I'm against this idea.
    LPSG will be too 'splitted' if you do that. It's really annoying to have all these little subcategories.
    I think it's a better idea if everybody would put the words 'gay' or 'straight' in the title.

4. catman

Gold Member

I voted yes to splitting, but after reading the post- I change to NO, I agree, simply define them...as a bi man I like a little of each depending on my mood.

What next a 'small dick' vs 'big dick' split?

5. Query

Query Member

I vote no (cavet coming) but agree I don't always like reading some types of stories. I would require a designation at the end of the title ( F/M;M/M;Bi at least) to give me a bit of a heads up before reading. Such a designation should be required or the story would be automatically removed. This I feel would be a viable compromise though more work for the moderators.

6. rockster

rockster New Member

Albums:
    I'm not in favor of splitting for the above reasons (separation, labels, etc.), and I too like CATMAN changed after reading the post, but I am CERTAINLY in favor of encouraging authors to put a tiny designation at the end of the title, and having the title in SOME way being a descriptor of the content.

7. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gay Content:
    Straight Content:
    Bi Content:
    prior to the topic
    Should suffice, huh'
    enz

8. sigsmund

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes let's have 4 billion sub boards.

ffs just put M/M, F/M or whatever in the topic of your stories and where done on the subject.

9. MrMXYZPTLK

MrMXYZPTLK New Member

Yeah, keep the Forum how it is. No Subforums.

I think that will just make more room for people bitching. Oh that's a sorta gay story that shouldn't be in this section.

Also like others said, what's Next. Split the Sex with Large Penis section and add a Sex with Small Penis section.

It'll make things to complicated, and if my personal opinion. The Search is have the fun, if your to Lazy to search. Sucks to be you.

10. silvertriumph2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I say NO because being BI, I am able to enjoy it all.

However, I do think that a hint suggesting the content might be justified for those for whom only one kind,
    or the other, is of their liking.

#10 silvertriumph2, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  11. finsuptx

finsuptx New Member

*** For Instructional Purposes Only ***

If we split the m/f and m/m stuff here, could we please sort the Show Off category by race as well. In the spirit of jgmafia, it would do wonderful things for me. I wouldn't have to open up a post and pics only to realize the poster is black, and I wouldn't be disappointed.

*** For Instructional Purposes Only ***

Ban me if you wish, but discrimination in ALL its forms is tragic.

12. Kiamo

Kiamo Member

Agreed.

13. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    Yea. I'd rather define them in the topic than split the board.

14. hud01

Gold Member

No fucking way. Having posted and viewed many times in the adult section prior to separation you have to be lazy and unaware not to be able to separate content of the clips. Since there are normally only 5 or so new threads a day how many do you have to go through to figure out what the content is.

Another anti gay post.

15. 32DDDwishing

32DDDwishing Active Member

Albums:
    Jesus christ you homophobes. The split in the adult websites is SOOOO annoying and rediculous. Get over it! Gay or straight, just dont continue reading it you freaking idiots!

JESUS!

Fucking americans

16. floopypoo22

floopypoo22 Active Member

Oh for crying out loud, I suggest a little time-saving device for myself and others like me, and I hear calls of homophobia?? That is ridiculous, I have nothing against gays, I'm simply trying to make my life a little easier, that's all! Fine, I don't even really need the split, but as mentioned above, I would love to see a mandatory categorization scheme put into effect, as is done at mcstories and overflowing bra. This way I'd also be able to avoid straight stories featuring weird ass shit like snuff, violence, torture, rape, and bondage (among other bizarre fetishes I just don't get).

17. blutrane

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Agreed. There needs to be some kind of categorization. I wanna know what I'm clicking on. With fictitious stories, you often don't know until you're a page or two in.

And for the record, I don't think we need to be so concerned about these kinds of things splitting the forum. The majority of the forum allows for intermingling of all kinds of sexualities and persuasions, which is hugely important for the variety of perspective it provides. But in areas like this, I'd rather not have to sift through gay content. Sorry.

18. Deljenk

Deljenk New Member

I vote no to splitting. I prefer the "gay" stories to be about "straight" men, anyways. If all of the characters are gay, I'll just stop reading.

Censorship is bad, and I don't want too much of the plot revealed. That spoils the dramatic impact.

19. 32DDDwishing

32DDDwishing Active Member

Albums:
    This isn't a story website, its a forum. Stick to your story websites if you like that organization better. But again, this is a FORUM where people can post nearly anything they want for nearly anyone to read. I dont like all the stories, but I have little to no problem reading the first few sentences to see if I like it. What the hell is it these days? Who really needs to save that fraction of a second? If you have better things to do, ya shouldnt be here anyways sweetheart.

20. Query

Query Member

1. The categorization must be mandatory or too many authors will skip that step. If an author really feels a surprise twist is that important (and I mean we are talking "The Sixth Sense" level here) then he can apply to the moderators for a dispensation.
    2. Pulling the "Homophobe" card is a bad as pulling the "race" card whenever someone disagrees with Obama. There are days when a "gay" story is appealing; just let me know before I get too invested. I like mysteries but there are months on end where if I see the name "Sherlock Holmes" I just cringe.
    3. To say this is a forum and not a story site is a bit specious. Technically this is a forum; but for all practical purposes it is a "story" site embedded in a forum. No the dog did not bite the man; he chewed on his leg.

Draft saved Draft deleted