Petty Arguments?

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
If you look out of the window of a passing train,
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One odd question for everyone and it all comes about, because of the stupidity of some arguments. Anyway, I created a model for a program called "Trainz", uploaded it to the web, let everyone download it, everyone like it from about September until about now, then over the last few days, someone and I mean SOMEONE had to be pedantic about the spelling of the word "Morecambe". Its been quite a heated debate, obviously, because I built it, I am caught up in it, along with someone else, who helped.

UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version) - Page 185 - Trainz Discussion Forums
Look for Padster's comment and look at page 187. You see how far out of hand it got?

Anyway, anyone with any simliar arguments that were stupidly simple, but stupidly over the top?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most arguments start over something trivial, it's often that people were just looking for any excuse to have a good old bicker.

I just had a look at your link, you're not telling me there were 187 pages of posts on this - if so the fact that it started with a trains program might be a pointer to the fact they all need to get a life.

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most arguments start over something trivial, it's often that people were just looking for any excuse to have a good old bicker.

I just had a look at your link, you're not telling me there were 187 pages of posts on this - if so the fact that it started with a trains program might be a pointer to the fact they all need to get a life.

Actually, it started at page 185 and ends at page 187 (about 30 posts). But yeah, I do agree with that, someone (Louise, Padster, Someone, Me) needs to get a life. After all, I spent my free time creating this object as best I could, the last thing I need is someone to start an argument that upsets me greatly and its just over the spelling of a place which I had no control over. If there was an issue with it, he should of PMed me. (And I have seen content in far worse shape than my 141.)

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ditch the trains and get a woman instead :)
Aspie + Shy = Difficult and the fact that I have been messed around with atleast 3, one bullied me because I fancied her, others I am not interested in, they aren't interested in me, plus being beaten up on a tram and later a train, makes you wonder why I am in such a state.

But yeah, I do dream I could be with someone. Possibly that would end my interest in trains.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry to hear tht Wessex, but don't let your bad experiences put you off, there's someone out there for everyone. So many young people now are shy that you're in the same boat as a lot of people.

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry to hear tht Wessex, but don't let your bad experiences put you off, there's someone out there for everyone. So many young people now are shy that you're in the same boat as a lot of people.

Yeah, I know, TBH, its worsened when like this afternoon, I had a bad afternoon:

LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE TO SEE MOANING!

The reprebates leave soo much mess on the desks at college, I go out of my way to clean it up (never been as pissed off with them, up to that point. Compounded 2 hours previously, being annoyed by one of them shouting out "CAN I GO NOW TERRY?")....
...then look at the bus, see it and go "OH SHIT!" and run for it.....
... go up to it with my arm out to idicate I want to get on, nope, too late, missed it.
... Then missed the 18:00 service from Havant station by 2 minutes, got the 18:19 to Vic instead. Didn't get home until about 18:45, after leaving college at 17:10.

Then I saw some nice replies and god, made things even worse, now I have college work to do, by the bucket loads.

Still, atleast one tutor enjoys 23 pages of waffle.

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why are you clearing up their mess?

Because I am that much of a softie, I just think "why bother leaving it when all you doing is becomming part of the problem.". The thing is, it really does get very tiring when you provide them with pens, headphones, clean up the mess, log them out of the college workstations if they are still logged in, then go home and see you still have loads of homework to do.

That is loads of work, so I can get a double distinction. Anyway, some of them are looking at a double pass, if that. It really does get you thinking to why. (One group is soo bad at talking over everyone and everything, they got the nickname of "Tea Party".)

EDIT: What I do like, is to hear someone noticing my kindness, on a Myspace thread, I was shocked of how this was notice, to me, it was just a simple "Ok, you dropped your pound coin, I know it belongs to you, so I am going to refuse to pocket it and give it back.", he was on the other hand, shocked, aparently, so were the rest of the passengers on that particular bus.*

*standard proceedure, if you drop something, give it back, if it belongs to them and you still have it, let them come for it or give it in if its expensive. If they just leave it in carelessness, wait until they claim it off you.

You wouldn't believe how many pens I collected, because everyone leaves them on the side and doesn't bother to pick them up. The ironic thing is that I am loaning them out too. Still, if they keep it and remember to bring it next time, then I am happy. A pen is just a simple writing instrument you can ill-afford to go without.

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stop being a softie then, if you're a softie people will take advantage of you and you'll have less time for yourself.

I should of added, I am only human. Aspergers Syndrome may have a lot to explain as already mentioned. Anyway, any more petty arguments?