Peyronies disease

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by KinkGuy, Sep 18, 2005.

1. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Has anyone here been treated? Successfully with the Verapamil injections?

2. Freddie53

Gold Member

No, but at the very first symptoms, I went to my doctor and Prednizone for 10 days and 1000 units of Vitamin E that has the d-alpha, d-beta, d-gamma, and-beta tocophertols. I need to take the Vitamin E as long as I live.The Vitamin E sold at Wal Mart only has d-alpha. I was already taking 1000 units of that version and just d-alpha will not reduce the symptoms. Your GNC store, Vitamin World and several other health stores stock this kind of Vitamin E.

Peyronie's disease for those who don't know is scar tissue in the penis that over time cause the penis to bend. The key to treatment is to go immediately when the first symptoms occur which usually is penis pain. My doctor applauded me for coming in at the first symptoms. He said that had I not done so, I would have eventually face permanent bending of the penis. The worst cases are some that have right angle bends that make any kind of sex impossible and requires sitting to pee.

The pain went away and I now have no symptoms, nor do I have any bending of the penis.

Guys! When you penis has pain in it, there is a reason. See your urologist or primary care physician immediately. You can avoid permantent problems that way.
    Don't delay. Just a few weeks or months can result in permanent damage.

And you young guys. There is nothing sexual about letting a doctor of either gender to feel extensively the penis to see what is wrong. And don't worry about an erection. Every doctor has seen plenty of those. Being a scarty-cat is no reason to suffer permanent damage to your penis.

3. bigboner8

bigboner8 New Member

You are lucky. I have had it for two years and now it is curved almost 90 degrees up. Most treatments do not work according to the experts. Surgery does help, but you loose more length with the surgery. I have lost 3 inches in length and quite a bid of circumference. The Only part not affected is the head - YEAH! Some guys actually becom impotent, I have not - yet.

I agree, early diagnosis is important, but don't expect miracles with respect to treatments. :dunce:

4. Freddie53

Gold Member

The good news about this disease is that it is caused by scar tissue. So if Prenizone and Vitamen E can stop the progression of scar tissue then you are in great shape. My doctor explained that I would only have pain when the scar tissue was growing and to get to back to him for another round of prednizone immediately.

The bad news is that if for what ever reason the scar tissue damage continues then the curvature continues to get worse. I have no curvature. I am fortunate.

But I still say to all you guys reading this: If you have penis pain, get your butt to the urologist and take that vitamen E that has all four components in it. Don't wait until there is curvature. You may be fortunate like me and stop the progression without any curvature.

Draft saved Draft deleted