Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So my erection isn't the same shape it used to be...used to be almost straight, nice and hard, loved it, 8" at least, see most of my pictures.

But, lately it is constricted at the base, then bends to the left and down a bit, is 7-7.5", but with a bigger head. See my album "hard at work" for a good look at this. I think my cock looks kinda deformed now, which makes me very unhappy. (Though I have also heard the curve is sexy.)

I suppose this is Peyronie's disease. My doctor seemed to think so also (though he didn't see me hard, lol, just listened to description). It's not really painful, and jerking off is still great fun, though my cock doesn't seem to get quite as hard as it used to which also makes me unhappy.

So my questions to you guys are

1. Anyone else experience Peyronie's?
2. Might this be something else?
3. Is it weird to experience this at 34 years old?
4. Can anyone explain how the following sentence, some variant of which is in every article about this, could possibly be true?
"thought to be caused by trauma or injury to the penis usually through sexual activity although many patients often are unaware of any traumatic event or injury."
5. Are there effective treatments for Peyronie's? My doctor seemed to think the best thing was to do nothing.
6. Don't know quite how to ask this one....Any strategies for "coping" (for lack of a better word) with your erect penis suddenly looking completely different, and not in a good way?

Thanks guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyronie's#cite_note-mayoclinic.com-5

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd say it's Peyronies because it started out straight and suddenly became bent like that. Ask your doctor to refer you to a urologist, and take some prints of those pictures with you.

briefs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have Peyronie's Disease, or "Induratio penis plastica", too. Mine was caused by an injury. I was accidentally prescribed too high a dose of injectable TriMix for my erectile dysfunction, and had an erection that lasted almost six hours. The Peyronie's showed up many months later.
My cock always had a mild leftward curve but the plaque has caused it to curve more. The areas of plaque feel indented a bit. The injury also caused venous leakage on the left side making my erections weaker. I've lost over a half inch in erect length, but not girth. My flaccid size is the same.
My urologist suggested a couple of treatment options but, after researching them, it seemed like they wouldn't be very effective.
I still like my cock even though I have moments of being unhappy about the loss of length and hardness. Vacuum pumping doesn't work well for me any more because of the venous leakage and cock rings aren't as effective.
As for coping, I've found that I need to keep working on accepting my new situation and find ways to like and enjoy my cock. It's not easy but it doesn't cost anything. Also, you could check out the websites that discuss Peyronie's Disease.
You should really get established with a good urologist. In your case it would be nice if he was gay-friendly so you could discuss your sexual concerns freely.
Best of luck to you.
By the way, from your pics everything looks just fine to me. ;)