LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It has happened frequently with men and occasionally with women I encounter, that soon after meeting me , they tell me that without speaking a word I had transmitted a signal indicating my urgent need to breed with them! I am perplexed. Can anyone explain what is being transmitted and which of the senses is/are being brought into play? I am completely in the dark about pheremones and how they function!

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
yes, it's pheremones. and everyone emits them, it's just the natural course of things. same reason animals go into heat and breed, just something god gave us. you apparently seem to emit more than most!

I am intrigued scorpiokc...do you think there are visual clues or do you think pheromones are extrasensory in nature?:confused:

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I need to get my hands on some pheremones. :tongue:

On a related subject, I read that the scents of lavender and pumpkin pie can increase blood flow to the penis. Does anyone know about this? I have decided to wear lavender perfume since reading that. :biggrin1: And if nothing else, I like the scent, so hey... Haven't found any pumpkin pie perfume :biggrin1: but have found that scent in flavored lube so I bought some.

Perhaps it is the nutmeg in the pumpkin pie causing that response, ...it has a long history of being considered an aphrodisiac!:biggrin1:

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had always heard that pheromones were scents. So they are not extrasensory - they are the sense of smell rather than vision.

Sorry about the guy reference..just removed it. Do you think it credible that one can sense through smell another person's lust from across a room ? That must be some powerful aroma!:tongue::smile:

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
With respect to the Swedish Research and considering the sexual orientation of those who responded lustily to my pheromones, the men were indeed homosexual and the women heterosexual. I suppose what I must have been exuding was something similar to androstadienone, since it triggered sexual arousal in both groups. Now I find myself wondering whether there are significant differences among people in their abilities to both emit and receive pheromones?

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lucky . . . where they receptive?

In that particular situation where the other person mentioned their receiving my pheromonic transmission, presumably they were already receptive and awaiting my proposition, which invariably followed. I think I scored in each instance without consciously having made the initial gesture!:tongue: :biggrin1: :smile:

scorpiokc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It has happened frequently with men and occasionally with women I encounter, that soon after meeting me , they tell me that without speaking a word I had transmitted a signal indicating my urgent need to breed with them! I am perplexed. Can anyone explain what is being transmitted and which of the senses is/are being brought into play? I am completely in the dark about pheremones and how they function!

yes, it's pheremones. and everyone emits them, it's just the natural course of things. same reason animals go into heat and breed, just something god gave us. you apparently seem to emit more than most!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I need to get my hands on some pheremones. :tongue:

On a related subject, I read that the scents of lavender and pumpkin pie can increase blood flow to the penis. Does anyone know about this? I have decided to wear lavender perfume since reading that. :biggrin1: And if nothing else, I like the scent, so hey... Haven't found any pumpkin pie perfume :biggrin1: but have found that scent in flavored lube so I bought some.

visceraltuning

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had always heard that pheromones were scents. So they are not extrasensory - they are the sense of smell rather than vision.

That's about right. In mammals, pheromones are detected for the most part by a secondary or auxilary olfactory sense organ called the Vomeronasal organ. However, some are picked up the primary olfactory membrane . . .

. . . the sad part (or not so sad part) is the the Vomeronasal organ is thought to be vestigal in human; its growth is actually stunted during fetal development but this might be because the human head develops to look like a human head rather than a rat head, which is exceptionally well developed to use smell as its primary sense.

This does not mean that humans can't detect pheromones since some are picked up by the regular olfactory sense. For example, androstadienone, is male pheromone detectable by women that might signal a woman's endocrine system to elevate her cortisol levels. Furthermore, a speaking directly possiblity to Donkeyboys experience:

dude77007

Legendary Member
Media
Read the same article about gay men and hetersexual women being attracted to the same pheromones generated by Straight males. And Straight men are attracted to pheromones produced by women. So, would it follow that if I was able to acquire the synthetic woman pheromones.... would a Straight male be jumping my bones? Maybe, to much to hope for.