Pheromones

1811: Kinda sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? If only it were that easy! Its probably BS :-X

RedheadedSpdFrk: I think there is something to the natural pheromones. I went out a couple of times with this good looking very nice guy and even right after he showered his smell turned me off :-/ while I've dated other men that smelled good to me even if they were all sweaty.

I have no idea if the bottled variety will do what the ads say it will...does seem a bit too easy.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Several times in the past couple of years, I have read about how exercise raises the level of testosterone in both males and females. Both sexes are more responsive to sexual advances/attraction after exercise than at other times. I would guess that testosterone and exercise stimulate the production of pheromones.

One reason that I work out at the gym and play sports is to attract women that like the physical...'cause I do. ;)

jay

wvalady1968: That article is very interesting. I love the smell of a man, clean or with fresh sweat.

I remember in college how my other apartment mates and I would have our periods coincide after just a month or so. You'd think that having all of us PMSing at the same time would be hell, but we just acknowledged what was going on and had fun with it, snarling and snapping at each other in exaggerated joking. It was a tesion release. I don't remember how any males who wandered unknowingly into our midst faired, tho.

:D

And the article on "Snacking"!
[whew, is it warm in here?]
I have to ask.
He says that every [hetero] guy enjoys ''snacking''.
Is this true?

longtimelurker: The link that made me chuckle was 'The quest for sweet semen'.

Apparently the things to miss are: smoking, drinking, drugs and....

ASPARAGUS!!!! :D

And it seems so pure and innocent sitting on the supermarket shelf...

Anyway - as for exercise making you feel more amorous, I would say that is quite likely to be mainly due to the endorphins released by exercise. Pheremones may play a part, but I'm guessing the effect is much less than the general 'good' feeling you get (unless you go around sniffing your fellow athlete's crotches, that is!)