Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Phil is such a phoney. Up till about 5 years ago he spoke with a perfect kiwi accent (as he had done his entire life until then). Now listen to him...

(and no offence to the American accent meant)

His bulge could be equally phoney, although surely it would be bigger if this was the case!

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I could not agree more- evidently someone at CBS 'noticed' Phil as well (if you watch earlier seasons when the camera would do a long 'sweep' of Phil at the contestants line there was DEFINENTLY some big hangin' man action there. He is now shown from the waist up almost exclusively (that or he has a new 'briefs' clause).

This show is one of my few 'must watches'. I truly love his 'poker face'
"Booboo and Waboo....(big pause) you are team number 8, sadly there are only 5 teams left so....' He has just the right ammount of 'cheese' (including the bizzarre 'token representative' "welcome to bokawakastikiooboostan'

I can't imagine the logistics of this show- it deserves each and every Emmy it has won.

Favorite moments- (that come to mind)

the african american woman (who was there to do in vitro, as she could not get pregnant) with her husband, getting her head shaved with tears running down her face (she had beautiful hair that she was very proud of, by the ending she took of her 'head scarf'). an amazing couple.

the 'redneck couple' who realized 'those queer boys are really nice folks' and became good friends (the gay couple were actually pretty bad but)

the 'all stars' where everyone hated the Survivor couple (god a good villian MAKES this show (see 'asshole johnothan' berating his wife (we were all waiting for her to pick up a pickaxe)

the unstopable Charla (smerna?) the dwarven woman who triumped (sp)...even funnier her cousin who CLEARLY had the hots for Phil..

The older couple, when the woman banged her head (badly) in a cave, her first words were 'here take the clue' then when they got to India they were MOBBED by the children....I was sobbing.

Actually very few shows have moved me to cheering, tears and laughter like this unscripted show has.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mirna and Charla were funny. Mirna, the taller one, would always be shouting back to her cousin Charla, who was a midget, "Run, Charla! Run!" No matter where they were or what they were doing, it seemed like Mirna was always shouting at her to run. Mirna also used heavily accented English at every opportunity. One of my favorites was when a cab driver was trying to make them pay their fair and she said, "Do you think I am a millionaire? I am a single woman!"

I know many people didn't like Boston Rob and Amber from "Survivor" on the All-Star Edition, but I didn't mind. I thought they ran a pretty good race. And Rob earned extra points, when realizing he might fall behind in doing a challenge, decided NOT to do it but then managed to convince most of the other teams behind him not to do it as well, so they all earned the same penalty but kept their positions in the race, with Rob and Amber in the lead.

There are usually many good moments in each season.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There was at least two bulge scenes this season so far. One when he was describing the monkey task last week and this week when he was describing the task at the snow hill. I'd LOVE to know how big he is since he always shows a big bulge.

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Poor Phil takes it in the ass (so to speak) at the Emmys year after year. The Amazing Race consistently wins best reality show (which it is), but Phil always loses out to Jeff Probst, the host of Survivor, for best host of a reality series. What a screw job in all the worst ways. Why is that?

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Poor Phil takes it in the ass (so to speak) at the Emmys year after year. The Amazing Race consistently wins best reality show (which it is), but Phil always loses out to Jeff Probst, the host of Survivor, for best host of a reality series. What a screw job in all the worst ways. Why is that?

well, Jeff's job is much more involved than Phil's. Phil just reads the challenge rules, then stands at the pit stop and tells the contestants their place. Jeff is at each challenge and does a play-by-play. I'm always amazed that it's not a voice-over. How he keeps everybody's names straight and rarely misses a beat is pretty impressive.