Phillips Body Groom vs Body Bare Shaver

pacman1062

Experimental Member
Media
Hi there folks,

I know there are lots of threads on body hair removal. My lady friend just recently talked me into shaving everything...yes all of it is gone except the top of my head and that is the shortest you can get without shaving. LOL.

Ok, that takes care of the background. Now, my issue. I've tried Nair for Men, well it was ok, but, not the best. I've been shaving with a Gillette Mach 3 as the stubble comes back, but, was thinking electric.

Once I tried a body groomer by Vidal Sasson, well it's junk doesn't shave anything well. The Phillips body groom seems to be popular, but, I've seen online ads for the Body Bare shaver.

Has anyone tried these to see which is better. Price is comparable, but, I don't want to blow $60 bucks for something to do. I can keep using a blade razor, but, if either of these seems to do the trick I'd like to try electric.

Thanks Guys,

pacman1062

Experimental Member
Media
Well, I didn't bother to take any pix. Besides it isn't really like she talked me into it, she was shaving my head and just kept on going ;)

So, does anyone have any experience with either or both of these groomers, or are we just going to look for pix I don't have. LOL.

Reactions: deleted3155011

stnbl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Phillips Body Groom is great for shaving body but not your genitals(nuts and other non-smooth places typically) it totally cuts and it hurts a LOT! U won't see the cut yet it hurts but again, I'd still prefer philips because its great for anywhere else...

You can also use it underwater it never takes it in, I even put it directly under shower nothing happens, 100% waterproof... This is a great feature for a machine. U can use it without charging for a week or more.

pacman1062

Experimental Member
Media
Phillips Body Groom is great for shaving body but not your genitals(nuts and other non-smooth places typically) it totally cuts and it hurts a LOT! U won't see the cut yet it hurts but again, I'd still prefer philips because its great for anywhere else...

You can also use it underwater it never takes it in, I even put it directly under shower nothing happens, 100% waterproof... This is a great feature for a machine. U can use it without charging for a week or more.

Thanks for the info....I have no problem shaving the privates with a regular razor. It just that electric seems like a good option for the rest of the body. The BodyBare is supposed to be ok for the genitals, but, if I don't find anyone that has used it, I think I'll go with the Body Groom.

Thanks agian......Hope others have more opinions.

notsoshabby

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've tried body groomers and coouldn't get anything smooth with those. Tried nair and that other one (chemicals) but didn't really work well on my chest and it stated DO NOT use on genetals so that was enough warning for me. I just used one of those gillette razors with the 5 blades. if you change the blades often they work great on my entire body and the twig and berries. smooth without cutting me.

Reactions: deleted3155011

pacman1062

Experimental Member
Media
I've tried body groomers and coouldn't get anything smooth with those. Tried nair and that other one (chemicals) but didn't really work well on my chest and it stated DO NOT use on genetals so that was enough warning for me. I just used one of those gillette razors with the 5 blades. if you change the blades often they work great on my entire body and the twig and berries. smooth without cutting me.

Thanks notsoshabby, that's the kind of info I'm looking for. When she cut all the hair off she used barber clippers, so it wasn't perfectly smooth, but, close. Then it was growing back so I shaved with the Gillette Mach 3 that I already have. Worked good enough, just thought that if I could get smooth results with an electric, it might be quicker and esier than the shaving cream and shaver route.

Thanks again, other opinions?

clean_banana

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a phillips body one and I use it all over my body (except head). I shave my nob and nuts with it too (no cuts, burn, itches or ought like that) but I do have full erection when doing this so the whole area is taut. Never used any other electric device.

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Try the Gillette FUSION. That vibrating 5 blade head really gives a smooth shave to the shaft, pubes, and scrotal areas. It will cost you about $16.00 for the unit. I bet that you will find another use for that vibrating handle.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Aveeno has a lotion which is supposed to thin out hair within a month. It is fine on your crotch, just smells different.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've got a Phillips, and its great for everything except your balls. I've nicked my sac a few too many times, and now I'm kinda scared of the thing. I'd rather have 3 nicks on my sac from a standard razor. Great for pubes, cocks, and everywhere else, but not so for the balls.

pacman1062

Experimental Member
Media
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies. Looks like the BodyGroom is very popular. I shaved this morning with my Mach3, did a good job. I like the feel of shaved, but, seems like it adds a lot of time, that I don't know if I want to keep investing. My lady friend really likes the smoothness though, so it may be worth it. ;)

I haven't gotten one yet, so keep the comments coming guys. I want to know all the pros and cons that real people have discovered that they'll never mention in the adds.

Thanks Again.

smoothrnb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have owned two generations of the Body Groom by Philips. I like the second generation (model 2030) better than the first--It has a longer battery charge. I use it everywhere (been shaving everything below the neck for 6 years now) with no problems to speak of. It's important to stretch your ball sac to maximize surface area and hair exposure for better shaving results.

I highly recommend the Body Groom for guys who want to shave any or all of their body hair.

cwboy22

Sexy Member
Media
I also have used the Phillips Body Groom. It works great with Nivea Active 3 shave, shampoo, body wash. I have the pro version. Have shaved everything no problems. Now just groom and trim.

MonsterUncut

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Try the Gillette FUSION. That vibrating 5 blade head really gives a smooth shave to the shaft, pubes, and scrotal areas. It will cost you about $16.00 for the unit. I bet that you will find another use for that vibrating handle.

Just a thought, if you're going to try the Gillette Fusion, go to their website and take their survey, and they send you one of the shavers FREE! I rec'd mine, and a couple other friends rec'd theirs as well. It really does the job. Good luck.

Peace

pacman1062

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks for all the tips and advice so far.

Another question for the Body Goom users out there. Compared to shaving...how often do you need to use it. Assume to stay SMOOTH.

I know everyones hair grows at a different rate. But, just looking for a range.

Thanks all!!!

D_i7ro87t6

Just Browsing
Media
Hi, new member and first time poster here.

I too am interested in what gives good results, and what others' experiences are with ingrown hairs and red spots. I seem to get a few of these on the back of my thighs all the time, as well as on my chest and inside of the elbow. What do others do to minimize outbreaks?

Currently I use a pumice scrub all over before starting, then a Shick Quattro Body razor all over with Gilette shaving gel for the less sensitive areas giving a smoother result, and a locally made organic shave gel for the more sensitive areas and face causing relatively less irritation. I then moisturise afterwards with a product called Avene Cold Cream.

My fiancee loves the look and feel (without the red spots and ingrowns!) and so do I but the time, hot water and number of razors and gel it takes to maintain are a problem.

D

deleted5501621

Hi there folks,

I know there are lots of threads on body hair removal. My lady friend just recently talked me into shaving everything...yes all of it is gone except the top of my head and that is the shortest you can get without shaving. LOL.

Ok, that takes care of the background. Now, my issue. I've tried Nair for Men, well it was ok, but, not the best. I've been shaving with a Gillette Mach 3 as the stubble comes back, but, was thinking electric.

Once I tried a body groomer by Vidal Sasson, well it's junk doesn't shave anything well. The Phillips body groom seems to be popular, but, I've seen online ads for the Body Bare shaver.

Has anyone tried these to see which is better. Price is comparable, but, I don't want to blow $60 bucks for something to do. I can keep using a blade razor, but, if either of these seems to do the trick I'd like to try electric.

Thanks Guys,
Had a woman tell me wouldn't blow me unless i shaved my pubes. That was easy and after I used the trimmers figured out how to use throw a way razors, do it in the shower easy peasy and her blow jobs were heaven! Still shave even though we aren't together anymore lol.