Phimosis a problem?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by slave4u, Oct 16, 2009.

1. slave4u

slave4u New Member

Hey everyone, first post from a long time lurker!

Ok so what prompted this is that I cannot and never have been able to retract my foreskin. For a long while I didn't even know that most men could do this, and have kind of been ignoring it I guess. It has for the most part never cause me any problems, the only time being when sexual partners presume it can be pulled back during hand, blow jobs etc. which hurts a bit and I arkwardly explain that you can't pull it back. So maybe the only side effect is a slight lack of confidence in the bedroom because of this. Maybe I should add that i'm a virgin so have never had full sex but can't imagine if wearing a condom that it would be a problem. Also have never had any health or hygiene issues because of it.

So I guess my question is, is phimosis necassarily a problem for me? Should I try stretching etc? I definately want to avoid circumcision if possible, but do people just live with not being able to retract their foreskins? If you got into bed with me and found out would you think I was a freak?

Thanks for reading.

2. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Welcome to LPSG Mr. Slave. There are several threads on this, but there is so much debate about routine infant circumcision (RIC) in the U.S. right now I realize it can be hard to sort out meaningful information. The answer is that yes, you can stretch your foreskin to expand it quite easily, but it takes some time. You know how people stretch out their earlobes? The same can be done more easily with foreskin because it is very elastic. You can probably stretch it out fairly easily lengthwise, but in your case not so easily widthwise. It doesn't sound like it is causing you any problems except when you don't tell sexual partners ahead of time that it is non-retractile when erect, but if you want to expand it permanently simply insert anything that will fit snugly in the opening and wear it around that way as you go about your day. Can be almost anything. Something that is easy to clean and comfortable. Then gradually increase the size as your preputial opening expands.

There are plenty of websites giving detailed instructions about how to stretch with your fingers, but it is socially unacceptable to do this in public. :smile: Too bad. Also tedious. If you wear something to expand the tissue on a regular basis you will accrue a lot more stretching time and more quickly see progress.

Plenty of cut guys are stretching to restore foreskin. It will be much more easy for you to expand the opening. Cheers!

3. Jason

Gold Member

The retractability of the foreskin is variable. If you can retract when unaroused you are unlikely to have phimosis (just a tight foreskin). The key question for you is on the lines of, is it causing you any problems? If it is restricting urination or causing pain or infections then its time to see your doctor. Otherwise it is probably not an issue.

You don't say where you live. US guys seem to be used to cut cocks and think a foreskin should go all the way back. UK guys are used to uncut cocks and variability in foreskins.

4. mcastro

mcastro New Member

If I were in bed with you, I would feel lucky and very turned on. Mine is tight, but can be retracted when soft, with a little determination. I find foreskins that won't retract extremely arousing. My suggestion is that you enjoy what you've got. If it loosens up with use, fine. If not, it would still drive people like me wild. If you ever come to Denver, please let me know.

5. Ric1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Fristly you are not a freak you're a person. Secondly I would think it prudent that you speak to your doctor about this and discuss all the treatment options that are available if you haven't all ready done so, you don't have to be circumised straight away leave that as the final option basically chronic infection that will not be cure by antibiotics and increasing tigtness due to scar tissue delevepment. It could be that you may have some of the foreskin still attached to the glans. The only way to have it treated is by seeing the doctor and make it clear what you would what to do. Some doctors are lazy and go straight for the overkill when it may not be too much. I wish you the best of luck in trying to resolve this matter.

6. slave4u

slave4u New Member

To be clear, it can't be retracted whether i'm aroused or unaroused. The opening is around 1cm in diameter? But under usual circumstances it doesn't feel tight or anything...

I'm from the UK but I lived in the US for a while too. Funnily enough it's the UK guys I've had a problem with, I guess everyone expects others to be like themselves, whereas US guys are less familiar and understand less about foreskins?

7. Ionto

Ionto New Member

I can't advise you from personal experience, as I have the unusual combination of a very loose, very short foreskin, but I have met over the years several men with partial or what seemed like pretty complete phymosis, and who seemed to be quite happy with it. And these were men in their thirties or fourties. So I'm sure it's not uncommon at all. But why not try the various stretching techniques suggested.

8. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    The fact that you come and ask here means that you are concerned about it, and any concern a guy has about hs penis diminishes his sex ife and self confidence.

There is not much definition in textbooks (medical or sexual) about the "normal" foreskin. However, there is consensus everywhere that a foreskin must be easily retractable both soft and hard.

With sex, you are likely to experience problems and some pain which will cause your brain to automatically develop "don't do this, it will hurt" reflexes which will limit your freedom in bed.

Non-circumcision treatment of phimosis varies in effectiveness depending on age. During puberty, the non surgical treatments tend to be more effective that later in life, especially since during puberty, phimosis is usually a leftover from chilhood (congenital) as opposed to acquired phimosis due to skin problem, infections, diabetes which cause phimosis to apear in older men.

Except for foreskin fanatics who find any unusual foreskin arousing, most will agree that your sexual pleasure will greatly increase if yur foreskin becomes fully and easily retractable.

9. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Not necessarily. If you have a long foreskin and it slides comfortably, it doesn't need to retract.

10. Jason

Gold Member

As mentioned in the post above I don't think this is correct.

I think the starting point is probably to ask is it causing problems? If no maybe the answer is just to stop worrying about it.

11. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I had the same problem as the original poster except I could squeeze it behind the head when soft. Steroid creams are a toss up and while stretching is possible you should know it can take a very long time. If you're like me with little to no patience then you should go see a doctor and review all options.

I got circumcised and I dont regret my decision at all. I have no idea why RIC was brought into this discussion when you are clearly a grown man.

12. Viking_UK

Gold Member

An ex of mine has never been able to retract his foreskin, but it never stopped him enjoying a satisfying sex life and he had no problem with hygiene. I also know one other guy who can't retract either and he's certainly had no complaints.

I think a lot of it is down to attitude. If it doesn't bother you, it isn't a problem. If you don't have any health or hygiene issues, you've got nothing to worry about. An undersanding partner should only have to be told once that it doesn't go back all the way - ideally before they try.

I'd suggest that you should look into stretching if you're worried about it, and if that doesn't work, there are all sorts of other options up to and including a full circumcision, but if you're happy as you are, why change?

13. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

If the alternative is to have a dick that looks like SirConcis's - I'd rather be non-retractable.

But it won't really be a big deal unless maybe you have Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans (BXO), a fungal infection. If a cut guy can mostly restore the form and function by skin expansion, how much more quickly and easily can an intact male expand his preputial opening? It's a no brainer.

14. cityboy

cityboy Member

Frankly, I would love to have this "problem". I think it's hot.

15. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It's not a no brainer.

16. SnitchQitch

SnitchQitch New Member

how about getting cut? solves everything! lol!

17. curious_t

curious_t New Member

what would be the best sort of thing to put in the foreskin to streatch it, i am asking because i have the same problem however my skin can be retracted when i am not errect but the thing (not sure on the name of it), the small bit of skin that is attatched to the foreskin and the penis is tight.

thanks

18. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

You have frenulum breve. Probably just use your fingers to stretch it lengthwise while you are watching TV.

19. curious_t

curious_t New Member

so stretch it outwards? and also to widen the foreskin is this a case of just pulling the skin apart sideways or is it better to put something in there to stretch it ? if so what?

thanks

20. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Use your imagination. I'd say a wine cork would be something easy to find and try for awhile. But may be too large at first. What about flexible surgical type tubing?

It doesn't matter so much which way you stretch it. Any consistent tension will trigger cell growth. Search foreskin restoration techniques. Whatever works there will work for you too -- probably much more quickly because cut guys start with scar tissue.

Draft saved Draft deleted