Phimosis

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by bodybuilder1980, Nov 24, 2010.

1. bodybuilder1980

bodybuilder1980 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Hey everyone.. Hope all is well.. Happy Thanksgiving..

Is anyone familiar with phimosis ? Its a condition of the uncut penis where the foreskin becomes overgrown and tight and causes difficulty with urination.. I am an uncut male and so is my Dad... He has had this problem for years and Im trying to drag his ignorant butt and get it rectified before it leads to more complications! :frown1::mad: . I am perfectly fine. The doctor says it has to be cut but hes scared of going under the knife. I am looking at some non surgical methods..

I know there are many pros and cons of circumcision and many moral and religious beliefs for and against it.. had he been circumcised as a kid, this wont have happened. In my humble opinion, I am totally comfortable with my uncut manhood. I have got no problems with it and my partners love it. I couldnt imagine being cut .. My head is ultra sensitive ! :)

Any input is appreciated

2. stamina

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hi I can help... french Doc here

3. mandoman

Gold Member

This sounds like a chronic yeast infection (candida), The yeast infection causes the foreskin to have a series of small cuts. They heal, but not as skin. They heal as scar tissue, which is less elastic.
    If he fixes the yeast infection (if that's the underlying cause), he can then stretch his foreskin, and avoid circumcision.
    Anything over the counter for yeast, for women, should work for him as well.
    There are also pills the doctor can give him to combat yeast.
    He should get a different doctor...one whose treatment is more conservative, and less inclined towards surgery as the answer. One can be circumcised, and still get a yeast infection.

4. JTalbain

Gold Member

Happened to me when I was younger. Sucks.

The skin can be manually stretched, and some devices can help as well. I believe there is one that is basically a miniature balloon you insert and inflate to stretch over time (and I believe that this one is so effective it only takes a matter of weeks). Steroid cremes are supposed to be effective as well. There is also the option of a dorsal slit, or a couple of other lesser surgeries. If he has a problem with it, he needs to get it worked on, but like any amputation of a body part, circumcision should be a last resort.

Incidentally, if his doctor is resistant to alternative treatments, check out the price tag on adult circumcision. Believe it's about 2K-3K dollars, might explain his motivations a bit.

5. uncutaussie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Both a friend and I suffered from this as children, thankfully our doctors went down the steroid cream and manual stretching path, I was young but from memory only took about a month to correct it.

He should ask around for a doctor that may have more experience with non surgical treatment, I see it over here all the time, usually the older doctors the first sign of anything remotely wrong are recommending getting cut.

6. JTalbain

Gold Member

Yeah, the older doctors went to med school a long time ago. In their defense, the field of medicine looked quite a bit different then than it does now.

7. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    When phimosis develops in adulthood, as Mandoman said above, candida is often implicated. But the candida in turn is often the result of undiagnosed diabetes and sugar in the urine. So maybe a diabetes test should be considered.

8. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    How old is your dad ? Does he complain about his unretractable foreskin ? Has he had this all his life or is that a recent condition ?

While stretching exercises may work on kids and teenagers, when conditions cause foreksin to narrow, it is usually a permanent thing in that stretching it may only temporarily reduce the tightness but it will eventually return.

9. Incocknito

Gold Member

Well if your dad was able to fuck your mother and produce you there can't be very much wrong with his penis.

And circumcision is hardly ever "required" although it is often "recommended" by doctors.

Stretching works fine. Just use a 1% steroid cream or some lubricant like KY.

My foreskin is a little bit tight and I used to have phimosis but now it's functional and I can fuck really hard and never have any problems.

10. bodybuilder1980

bodybuilder1980 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Hes not diabetic.... Thanks for all the replies.. I am surely looking for the demovate steroid based cream for him to use and anything to avoid the surgery. Some guys here did tell me the surgical procedure is the only way, they had it done and it was the best thing they did .

11. darkbond007

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    PM me for discussion. I had phimosis 6 years ago.

12. mandoman

Gold Member

The surgical route is only for those who can't cure the yeast infection.
    Fixing the yeast will enable stretching to work.

13. Ronald75

Ronald75 New Member

Albums:
    It is not necessary to have a foreskin that will retract. Some men live their entire lives with a non-retractable foreskin. They can masturbate, have penetrative sex, get married, and father children with a foreskin that does not retract. Some believe that a penis with a non-retractile foreskin has more sensation and that sex is better. You just need to see that your partner is well lubricated before you attempt penetration. You may need to add some personal lubricant if she does not lubricate.

Male circumcision is an ELECTIVE operation. No one HAS to have a circumcision. Your father can live with his non-retractile foreskin and avoid circumcision if that is his desire.

Adult circumcision is an elective surgical operation to injure the penis and reduce its size and sensation by cutting off the nerve-laden sexually sensitive foreskin. Adult circumcision is usually performed with a general anesthetic however local anesthetic may be used. Like all surgical operations, it has risks of hemorrhage, infection, and surgical mishap. Loss of the penis has been known to occur. Death has been known to occur.

The foreskin is a complex double-layered structure composed of smooth muscle fiber, skin, mucosa, nerves, arteries, and veins. It is natural, normal, healthy, and its possession contributes to a sense of well-being. The foreskin has protective, sensory, sexual, and immunological functions. It is loaded with nerves and is the site of most of the penile sensation. The foreskin is a “specific erogenous zone.” The foreskin is essential for normal intercourse. Foreskin provides the additional skin needed to allow for penile expansion during erection. Amputation of the foreskin, which is an integral and important part of the penis has very significant adverse sexual and emotional effects.
    Nature put the foreskin there for at least four reasons:

1. to provide physical protection of the sensitive head,
    2. to provide protection from disease causing pathogens,
    3. to provide sensation during sexual activity.
    4. to reduce friction during intercourse.

It is normal to keep the foreskin forward over the head for protection.
    Circumcision is an injurious, damaging, destructive, and harmful surgical operation that cuts through nerves and blood vessels that feed blood to the penis. The operation is irreversible. You will have the rest of your life to mourn your loss of your erogenous foreskin.
    The foreskin is filled with nerves that make it the most sensitive part of the human body, therefore, cutting into it is very painful.
    It takes about six weeks to recover from an adult circumcision. But you will never fully regain the lost protection, sexual function, sensation, and sexual pleasure, even if you restore your foreskin.
    The cost is about $2,500. Circumcision may be carried out under local or general anaesthesia.

If you should become interested in restoring your foreskin, a search on the Internet for “foreskin restoration” will produce lots of information.

Adult Circumcision - American Family Physician

shapiro circumcision on urologybook.com - YouTube

Circumcised at 30 - YouTube

Adult Circumcision - AskMen

Draft saved Draft deleted