Phobia of your own Face

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by jjsjr, Mar 10, 2009.

1. jjsjr

Gold Member

Albums:
    ok.....

There are plenty of exceptions this statement, but I always find it interesting how so many people are so willing to post up a photo of their genitalia over their own face. :eek:

Is the desire to remain anonymous that compelling?

I'm not upset or trying to cause drama, I'm just curious as to why I feel like the lonely minority for uploading a photo of my face. :confused:

2. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    There are tons of reasons for wanting anonymity; a spouse not approving of you belonging here, a job that'd fire you for membership here, not wanting family and friends seeing your goods, not wanting to be mobbed by the masses when they know what you're packing... :tongue:

3. drido73

drido73 New Member

I feel same and i am agree with you too !

Aren't we all in America living under DEMOCRACY ,FREEDOM or still inmerse in that centennial DOUBLE MORAL for express without feeling any kind of harrasment !!!!!

4. F_Man

Gold Member

Albums:
    There are and always will be people and/or organizations that, at one point or another, are interested in the traces that you might have left, for their use and benefit, or at worst, against you.

It is quite naive to think that putting together A) your posts B) your face pics C) your body pics, one wouldn't be able to get quite The Picture of you, for any possible purpose.

It's not paranoid to see the world made up of many kinds of people and wishes, from wonderful to malicious and the nice in between. When you expose "all of you", you hand out tools for possible control. The same goes for Facebook and similar communities. It all seemingly invites one for easy access communication and "an open world", when you actually make yourself accessible and vulnerable to anyone, not just friends. :mad::rolleyes::smile:

#4 F_Man, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  5. hung and horny

Because once a picture is on the internet, it is there forever. I don't want my face to be taken to another site, mutilated into something I wouldn't want it to be. Strangers on the internet can be crafty.

6. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Very wise, and cute too.

7. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Some people have their face online some where else (myspace and facebook are great examples) and don't want people to make the connection. Another reason is some people aren't out to their friends about being gay, or just don't want it that known.

Draft saved Draft deleted