Photo style prefences

D_JohnQPubic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
At the risk of being accused of being a man (hey wait... I AM a man) I'd be curious to know the following, ladies.

What stye of photograph of a man do you enjoy seeing most here? Full body? Close-up cock? Dressed as the pope?

I am specifically curious about what you think of pics where the guy is holding his erect cock. It seems to me that the male anatomy is more attractive without the hand cluttering up the picture. How do you feel about it?

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Firstly if I don't like what a man posts or his on-line persona there is no way I'm looking at his gallery let alone complimenting him on it.

Disembodied cock/torso shots taken with a cell phone, poor quality pictures don't do much for me. They are just so generic, esp. for this site which has literally thousands of the same boring crappy grainy pictures.
Pay attention to the details. A messy room, sitting on the can is off putting.
Look at yourself as a new product entering into a market place that already has a lot of competition. Your posts are your introduction into the market place and your pictures help to sell that image.

I recommend you peruse galleries belonging to members like:

Calboner.
Brislands.
Man of Thunder.

These are men who have gotten a lot of positive feed back on their galleries because they are sweet guys who are super smart and don't make stupid sexist comments and the quality of their galleries are generally quite high.

I hope this helps.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Sorry, ThreeLegsGood (love that username - Orwell fan? Manx man? Both?) - I didn't mean to sound down on you personally. There is no good place to post this thread. The site owner has promised us (months ago) a sub forum here (to be called 'ask a woman') that will help separate questions like yours that don't fit Women's Issues but don't really have another place on the site where the female membership will see them and respond.

We get a lot of BS 'rate my cock', 'give me wank fodder' type questions here and those get tossed. Your question is clearly neither of those and I hope you get some decent replies.

I don't really use the galleries here, got kinda jaded with the whole disembodied penis shot. I guess that is a partial answer for you. If I was going to be looking at cock shots I'd want more than the close up on cock / cock and balls only. A bit of body, full body - and actually, now a think about it, a side view of an unheld cock holding itself up is a good thing. I do not mind a hand in there at all, though. I like to see a man handle his own cock - and besides the size of the hand often gives an idea as to the size of the cock despite what the owner may claim. :wink: Though that can work the other way - my man and I met here, I hadn't read anything about his size so I assumed he was average (otherwise he'd have boasted, right?). When I saw his pix I saw a hand and cock (and some sexy torso and beautiful thighs) - the hand and cock were in proportion that confirmed my belief his cock was average. Then I met him and found out what BIG hands he has! :biggrin:

So yeah - cock shots - bit of body, bit of handling and no close up cock only - that's my personal preference.

Last edited:

D_JohnQPubic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you both for thoughful answers. I hope the Ask A Woman forum becomes a reality, but of course it will still be filled with rubbish, ensuring the moderators' job security.

And yes, my handle is an Animal Farm pun. Sometimes, though, I am reminded of the joke about the three-legged chickens. How do they taste? Don't know, haven't been able to catch one.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i'd rather not see gratuitous todger at all.
'look at my peepee!' does nowt for me.

as a guy, if the only pics women had in their galleries were close up vag pics, wouldn't you get sick of it eventually?

ManofThunder

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I recommend (as has been suggested) that you take shots from different angles, pay attention to detail where possible and take photos of more than just your penis. I also uploaded a video to add a new dimension to my gallery. I have seen galleries far better than my own from both men and women. I'm not a great photographer to begin with, but those with truly great pictures are brave enough to include face-shots and more artistic additions. However, only upload what you're comfortable with. Whatever you do, good luck, Mr ThreeLegs. :smile:

Firstly if I don't like what a man posts or his on-line persona there is no way I'm looking at his gallery let alone complimenting him on it.

Disembodied cock/torso shots taken with a cell phone, poor quality pictures don't do much for me. They are just so generic, esp. for this site which has literally thousands of the same boring crappy grainy pictures.
Pay attention to the details. A messy room, sitting on the can is off putting.
Look at yourself as a new product entering into a market place that already has a lot of competition. Your posts are your introduction into the market place and your pictures help to sell that image.

I recommend you peruse galleries belonging to members like:

Calboner.
Brislands.
Man of Thunder.

These are men who have gotten a lot of positive feed back on their galleries because they are sweet guys who are super smart and don't make stupid sexist comments and the quality of their galleries are generally quite high.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for the mention, Ms Dragon. :smile:

i'd rather not see gratuitous todger at all.
'look at my peepee!' does nowt for me.

as a guy, if the only pics women had in their galleries were close up vag pics, wouldn't you get sick of it eventually?
Yes, close-up vagina would get boring. I like to see a little variation, personally.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In my experience and from what I've heard the more you can show (and I don't mean cock size), the better. Especially face, if you're willing to do that. And if you've got an artistic eye, go for it.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my experience and from what I've heard the more you can show (and I don't mean cock size), the better. Especially face, if you're willing to do that. And if you've got an artistic eye, go for it.
and personality.
seeing a decent bit of personality on the boards makes us curious enough to look at the pictures. without that, for a lot of women, it's just flesh.

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm always too late at these topics, because the other lovely ladies and men were spot on. I for one don't look through galleries that much. Even those of people I've talked to a lot on the forum, it sometimes takes me months if not years to take a look - if I ever even do so. If I do look, I usually like less-grainy pictures, pictures that aren't just penis close-ups, a bit of variety in angles, things like that. Face-pics are great, though I understand thats not for everyone. That been said, if the guy behind them the pictures will do absolutely nothing for me.

It's just a penis, the site is filled with penis.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I usually only look if I enjoy the man's posts. And then I like variety - not just pic after pic of peen shots. If you can't show your face, use different locations, different angles, poses - show legs, torso etc.

I have a ton of pics - but they bore the crap out of me. They all look the same to me. Occasionally I'll post a couple new ones, but for the most part my tits look the same and my pussy looks the same. Booorrrring! So unless I get a different camera with a remote - I'm kinda done with pics.

Daichii

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Same could be said about woman here. Quick take

Breasts

-There's a lot of breast shots. Some breasts are hotter than the other.

-Big boobs vs big boobs. One has sexier nipples over the other.

-Big vs small. Some like it big regardless shape/nipples. Some like smaller but look beautiful.

Setting

-Average female in a tropical setting vs a hot female in a janitors room.

-Flop average cock on marble. Flop above average cock on wood.

If I see a female shot, and she has nicer bed covers over the other, thats great. However if I see a excruciating attractive female on plywood, also great.

Balance.

Well anyway :) my 2 cents.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I prefer to see more of the torso. Tells me know about the kind of person they are, and if they take care of themselves. I also like photos that are amusing and/or tell me something about the poster.

Disembodied cock photographs, with or without hands, are like flotsam floating on a vast ocean of impersonal nothingness.

Daichii

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The question was about the style, not the subject.

Touché.

But some replies in here... did go further and break down photos in general. Details in the picture like setting, messy room, bathrooms etc. Also personality.

I went along with that, and added my 2 cents further by saying...

Average female in tropical setting vs Hot female in janitors closet.... it balances out IMO. photo wise. Personality is a different story obviously. WHICH was also mentioned in some replies here, Katt.

The question was about the style, not the subject.

Add personality to that list also, Katt.

:smile:

But yeah there's a lot of cock, breast/ass shots out there.

Last edited: