Photo/Video Posting

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by musc069, May 9, 2004.

1. musc069

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mark,

You asked whether people would pay for photo posting. I guess a more interesting question, since photo posting is widely available, would be whether people would pay a small monthly fee (or perhaps preferable a larger six month, annual or lifetime fee) for unlimited photo/video posting. That, I think, might be more palatable and would certainly sway me. As you'll recall, both the original MSN Photo group and the subsequent Yahoo group, filled up really really fast, demonstrating the market for it among our group. Hell, I posted my first ever online pics there. So I'm wondering what you would need to charge in order to make this thing less of a burden for you if you included video.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Scott

2. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks, Scott. Yeah, I think I'm going to "soldier on" and install the photo gallery. I don't know if there will be a way to upload video clips. The photo gallery will be free to start with, but eventually, I'll probably set it up so that members can view a limited number of photos for free, but if they want to see more, they'll need to become a "premium" member.

3. musc069

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sounds great Mark. Again, thanks for all your hard work!

4. Imported

Gold Member

tigerwolf: I think the 'premium member' idea is pretty bad, and is going to center out those who can't afford more money, or who don't want to pay money to use this site. You really need to stop trying to turn this site commercial, Mark..

5. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    tigerwolf, do you think I should just do this as a volunteer job? I find it incredible that so many people expect this site to remain completely free.

6. musc069

Gold Member

Albums:
    I completely agree Mark. You put an incredible amount of time into what many long-time members really appreciate as a great place to hang with and bond over something we really can't discuss in the "real world." I don't think you're excluding anyone. I'm sure you'll continue to have a free portion of the site/message boards. But obviously it's incredibly unfair to expect you to do all the work for nothing more than our gratitude.

7. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks, Scott. I'm going to continue with my plans, and if there are members who don't like the site, they don't have to come here.

8. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Mark, rest assured that there are plenty of us here who appreciate the time and effort you put into this board. I've had friends who've owned and operated sites, and if the nay-sayers had any idea of the cost of such a venture, they'd likely change their tune. Keep up the good work. We don't expect you to bankrupt yourself because some people don't feel like paying to look at photos of our members' members. B)

9. B_JohnTheHorse

B_JohnTheHorse New Member

I would pay a small fee to help contribute to this site and to also view cool lpsg related videos etc. I would also pay to NOT have to view those annoying ads 'butt fucking machines' etc. I know this costs money, so why not? This is one of the better sites around.

Draft saved Draft deleted