Physical attractiveness

plumbr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Note: I mean no offense to anyone in this post. This is an ideal discussion.

What defines being "attractive?" I like to discuss male beauty or masculinity because it is something males can achieve if the genetics are right. First, I would like to say I am neither fully straight or gay or even confused but I can tell a attractive man when I see one. My definition of an attractive man is one who has a masculine face and body (described further below). I believe that muscular men aren't necessarily attractive unless they have the face to accompany it (Sorry Michael Phelps, you're still a great swimmer representing USA). The face, for me, plays the greater role. A large scar across a face would definitely shock me more than a scar anywhere else.

The most important underlying aspect of attractive lies within symmetry. It is something we can all see and distinguish with ease and may as well universally accept. However, looking beyond that, some facial characteristics I find attractive are

• a large forehead,
  • strong brow,
  • protruding brow ridge,
  • and accented jawline (not necessarily square jaw)
  • visible nose
  • "alive" eyes
  • smooth skin on face
This makes me glance at this person quite longer than a regular passerby. If they're great looking, I'll even sneak peeks whenever I can without drawing his attention. I just can't stare at people because I find it hostile.

I find the male body attractive in terms of

• Symmetry (left shouldn't be larger than right)
  • Proportionality (legs shouldn't be shorter than torso)
  • Posture (things such as tilting and slouching are discouraged)
  • "Plump factor" :)confused:..very hard to describe but its like a "feel" when you see a muscular body. Are the muscles bulked just enough? lol Think of extreme bodybuilders and walking skeletons)
When I see a man with a face and body that I admire, he has this positive aura that surrounds him. If I had the chance I would actually want to get to know the person because he can be a noble friend or butthole further depending on his personality. But the fact is that his face and body looked so great led me to believe he is a great man.

Let us discuss the physical attractiveness of the male body. What is the physical difference (facial and/or body) between a leading man and another man? I apologize if this post has offended anyone.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well plumbr -
i concur with your post. facial symmetry is important. i find large eyes not too close together and not too far apart imoprtant. Personal taste rather than the prominent brow line that you speak of, i think patrician beauty is appealing.

Altitude

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well plumbr -
i concur with your post. facial symmetry is important. i find large eyes not too close together and not too far apart imoprtant. Personal taste rather than the prominent brow line that you speak of, i think patrician beauty is appealing.

Just curious, what do you mean by patrician beauty? I hear it all the time but it seems to mean different things to different people.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My nose is visible, so that's a start. :biggrin1:

You didn't mention height. A lot of people are just more attracted to taller men.

But really, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I'd say in general what looks healthy is usually attractive: good skin, hair and teeth, and lean with some muscle tone. Different shaped faces are attractive to different people.

In real life no one ever tells me I'm good or bad looking, so it's hard to judge myself. Only girls that are in love with me will actually tell me I am hot, but I figure they're biased.

plumbr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My nose is visible, so that's a start. :biggrin1:

You didn't mention height. A lot of people are just more attracted to taller men.

But really, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I'd say in general what looks healthy is usually attractive: good skin, hair and teeth, and lean with some muscle tone. Different shaped faces are attractive to different people.

In real life no one ever tells me I'm good or bad looking, so it's hard to judge myself. Only girls that are in love with me will actually tell me I am hot, but I figure they're biased.

Haha, I guess thats true about the girls being biased. After all why are they in love with you if you're not what they embrace. Definitely beauty resides in the beholder's eye but I am trying to find out if there are more universal standards. One important one is symmetry.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
IMO, physical fitness is the biggest attraction factor. Makes my pulse race every time. Being clean cut and well groomed help even more.

In real life no one ever tells me I'm good or bad looking, so it's hard to judge myself.
As far as what your photos show, you're a knock-out. If your face matches your body, I'd say that you're extremely attractive.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
do people REALLY put that much thought into it. I just go with what my mind tells my cock. If I get a boner, the guy is attractive to me. :biggrin1:

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
For me, I would have to say that the symmetry that you suggest is extremely important in the beauty of the male form. It's that kind of equality in a man's body that strengthens any attractive feature that he might have. As far as a man face, I find bright eyes (they could be dark brown and still bright, attentive, seductive), an average sized nose, and a nice pair of lips very appealing. I like two seperate eye brows...that unibrow thing, (eh...nah):smile: If he has facial hair, let it be trimmed and maintained instead of scattered all over his face. A strong jawline to me suggests a powerful voice. Ears that are close to his head is a plus. Don't have that Martin Lawrence thing going on:biggrin1:

I love a confident posture on a man. It's really visible from the back. I like to see a man's body taper from head to toe. It's puts a sleekness on him. His broad shoulders, his strong back leading to a cute butt that is thick enough to squeeze but not 'overtaking' the rest of him. Hardbody legs like on a runner where the thighs are bigger than the calves. I think large calves and small thighs like so 'uneven':confused: on a body.

Body language also plays a big factor in a man's physical attractiveness to me. I think men should 'glide' when they move, in a very masculine way. I like long steps on a man, but not so long where he looks like he's walking like a toy soldier (if you can understand that?). Lastly, well-kept hands adds major points to a man's physical hotness. Even if you work with your hands, get the dirt out from under your fingernails. Cut them even and file them smooth. Same goes for feet. What's with that scary ass pinky toe?:biggrin1::wink:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
do people REALLY put that much thought into it. I just go with what my mind tells my cock. If I get a boner, the guy is attractive to me. :biggrin1:
I agree, but I look at women. :biggrin1: I've been trying not to over think it lately. If a woman catches my eye and I want to keep looking back at her, then she must be attractive to me. I can't just add up all the little qualities that make her attractive. The mind already does that for us.

...OK this thread is about male attractiveness, but I think the same applies.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Altitude -
By 'patrician' beauty, i am referencing a more defined/fine/sharp bone structure in the face, a more refined and reserved bearing of excellent posture and physcially thin build.
Jovial makes a good point - you know when you see someone and they respond to you. It is sometimes difficult to quantify what makes someone attractive to us.

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Note: I mean no offense to anyone in this post. This is an ideal discussion.

What defines being "attractive?" I like to discuss male beauty or masculinity because it is something males can achieve if the genetics are right. First, I would like to say I am neither fully straight or gay or even confused but I can tell a attractive man when I see one. My definition of an attractive man is one who has a masculine face and body (described further below). I believe that muscular men aren't necessarily attractive unless they have the face to accompany it (Sorry Michael Phelps, you're still a great swimmer representing USA). The face, for me, plays the greater role. A large scar across a face would definitely shock me more than a scar anywhere else.

The most important underlying aspect of attractive lies within symmetry. It is something we can all see and distinguish with ease (LET US THEN ASK A BLIND INDIVIDUAL) and may as well universally accept. However, looking beyond that, some facial characteristics I find attractive are

• a large forehead,
  • strong brow,
  • protruding brow ridge,
  • and accented jawline (not necessarily square jaw)
  • visible nose
  • "alive" eyes
  • smooth skin on face
This makes me glance at this person quite longer than a regular passerby. If they're great looking, I'll even sneak peeks whenever I can without drawing his attention. I just can't stare at people because I find it hostile.

I find the male body attractive in terms of

• Symmetry (left shouldn't be larger than right)
  • Proportionality (legs shouldn't be shorter than torso)
  • Posture (things such as tilting and slouching are discouraged)
  • "Plump factor" :)confused:..very hard to describe but its like a "feel" when you[ read:I ] see a muscular body. Are the muscles bulked just enough? lol Think of extreme bodybuilders and walking skeletons)
When I see a man with a face and body that I admire, he has this positive aura that surrounds him. If I had the chance I would actually want to get to know the person because he can be a noble friend or butthole further depending on his personality[this is called: projecting]. But the fact is that his face and body looked so great led me to believe he is a great man.

Let us discuss the physical attractiveness of the male body. What is the physical difference (facial and/or body) between a leading man and another man? I apologize if this post has offended anyone.

How about discussing physical male beauty from either or both:

A) Empirical objective evidence
B) Personal subjective feeling

sinfulta

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don't really follow any of these "rules". I like what I like. I've found people of all shapes and sizes great looking. So I guess i don't fall in this category for what I look for in others. Hell even personality is probably the thing I look for first... even though someone I find good looking might get my attention a little quicker.

plumbr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Empirical huh...Things get really bland when discussing scientific evidence. There are some universal standards such as symmetry. I may be a bad non-studying science student but I do research too. The following links are published journals by professors from accredited universities. The subjects were women of course but most of the people on this forum are men. Again scientific journals are boring as heck but read them if you like. There are some characteristics of the male face I mentioned earlier (my OP) in the first journal.

I just wanted opinions, that's all!

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I agree, but I look at women. :biggrin1: I've been trying not to over think it lately. If a woman catches my eye and I want to keep looking back at her, then she must be attractive to me. I can't just add up all the little qualities that make her attractive. The mind already does that for us.

...OK this thread is about male attractiveness, but I think the same applies.
That will keep you single.

I like people who take care of themselves. This includes fitness and hygiene--but without going overboard and being vain. The thing that I always notice first, though, is the face.

I don't notice intelligence and humor as quickly, but they really add to the whole package.

D_Brecock Evileye

Sexy Member
Media
I have people tell me I am atractive but I think they are just being nice most of the time. I will agree about the atractive elements. Most of it is kind of evelutionary. symmetry, lean muscular body, healthy skin tone, all are signals of health and vitality. I think that aplys to gay and straight alike.