Physical Compliments

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Jovial, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    What do women think about compliments on their appearance from men?

If a man is friendly to you, but doesn't ever give you a compliment, do you think he's not interested romantically? Do you take it to mean that he doesn't see you in that way? Does a compliment let you know that he sees you in a sexual way?

When is it acceptable to give a physical compliment like "you're beautiful" without it sounding like a line?

2. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

I love sincere, appropriate compliments and would not be offended by a friend remarking on one of my attractive features at any time.

If a male friend never gives me compliments, yeah, I'll just think of him as a non romantic friend. However, if he did compliment me on occasion it wouldn't mean he was interested either.

I think how someone compliments you is as important as what they say, and I can usually tell the difference. So, if you think she's beautiful say it with the admiration, affection, lust, unrequited love, whatever you feel, and she'll probably understand your meaning.

:08: I've been up for 22 hours - so if that didn't make sense, I'm blaming the redbull and Naguib Mahfouz.

3. jessicacolt

jessicacolt Member

Albums:
    Of course we love to get "sincere" compliments. Most compliments that aren't welcome are those compliments that have alternative motives: first contact in a bar, a sexual compliment from a guy I've turned down before, a compliment from a girlfriend's husband or boyfriend that can be taken the wrong way. Also, I get very nervous about compliments from male co-workers (especially when they eye me up and down before giving it).

4. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

I have found the line, "you like nice this evening." to be a good line. not too over the top or forward. "you are a beautful women." is usually reserved for someone I know fairly well. I have used it sometimes when a woman has expressed doubts about their physical attractiveness. we all need re-assurance at times.

5. fizzyjizz

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I find women are usually flattered by compliments about their ass but they get annoyed by comments about their breasts. Probably because most women are more selfconscious about their ass looking big or wobbly than about their breasts. Anyone agree?

6. Rogercock

Rogercock Member

The best piece of advice and, when accompanied with, "have you had/having a good time" will ensure she will look at you in a positive light.

7. dolfette

Gold Member

if i don't know you then how i look to you doesn't interest me at all.
    whether you're tapping me on the shoulder to tell me i'm beautiful or drunkenly yelling that i have nice tits.
    really, if you're only talking to me because my look gives you a boner then don't bother.

that said, non-sexual compliments from people i now can really make my day.

8. Maia

Maia New Member

I don't appreciate compliments from men on my physical attributes; I greatly appreciate them from women.

9. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I actually enjoy ANY compliments on my physical attributes! Yes, even from guys in a bar, and I'm probably the only woman who actually enjoys getting catcalls from construction workers! :biggrin1:

The one situation where I would NOT appreciate physical comments from men is at work. I do want things to remain professional (and not cross that line into sexual harassment) there.

Draft saved Draft deleted