physical exam preparations

dave2006

Sexy Member
Media
I had a physical about a month ago by a new doctor. The nurse came in first and said to take everything off and to but the gown on and left. When the doctor came in he asked me a few standard questions in the beginning. Right before he started the exam he asked me to remove the gown. I was a bit in shock as I was naked underneath. He had me do the physical in the buff from beginning to end. I had never had this done before usually they will have you leave the gown on until the end or if they want you to remove the gown they will usually have the nurse tell you to leave your underwear on. Initially I was embarrassed but my doctor is a male so we both have the same equipment maybe different size.

Just curious has anyone else here had to do a physical in the buff from beginning to end? What was your reaction?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
My doc lets me keep the gown on and just lift it for the hernia test and genital exam and it's already open in the back for the prostate exam.

When I was a kid, though, all students got their annual physicals at school. They'd take 25-or-so boys out of class at a time onto the auditorium stage (with the curtain drawn) and we'd be told "strip to the waist from both ends" and stand around naked trying to look cool while the doctor checked each of us. It wasn't as traumatic as you might think, though, because we saw each other daily in the gym showers anyway and most of us belonged to the Boys' Club or YMCA where swimming naked was the norm.

Chrysalis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've only ever had one doctor do this since I was an adult, and he was a man. He had me keep my panties on, but I was wearing a Calvin Klein G-string. I remember sweating the entire time, because I was so nervous.

Especially when he stood behind me to examine my spine...

I don't go to that doctor anymore.

I have. No big deal. It's the norm in Europe.

I get so freaked by needles that I don't care. I spend the entire time in near dread waiting for the syringes to come out.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a physical about a month ago by a new doctor. The nurse came in first and said to take everything off and to but the gown on and left. When the doctor came in he asked me a few standard questions in the beginning. Right before he started the exam he asked me to remove the gown. I was a bit in shock as I was naked underneath. He had me do the physical in the buff from beginning to end. I had never had this done before usually they will have you leave the gown on until the end or if they want you to remove the gown they will usually have the nurse tell you to leave your underwear on. Initially I was embarrassed but my doctor is a male so we both have the same equipment maybe different size.

Just curious has anyone else here had to do a physical in the buff from beginning to end? What was your reaction?

He shouldnt have you do that. You should keep the gown on the entire time and expose only as much as is needed for that particular part of the physical exam. It is not the norm in the US or EUROPE (as mistakenly stated, but possibly experienced) to be completely nude for a physical exam. We are taught to keep the patient as comfortable as possible and to be honest, I dont make people change into gowns right away. I do the history with them in normal clothes, then have them change into a gown if necessary and continue to ask more questions during the physical. Every doctor will approach this differently but those that make you sit there completely nude are inappropriately doing so as there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for this.

wi_sugargrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No - it's not normal for that to happen. Sorry that you had that experience. If it were me, I'd not go back (personally). As a nurse, I ALWAYS respect my patients' privacy.

Sugar

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This reminds me of the time I recommended my chiropractor to a girl I worked with. She came up to me the day after asking if he makes me take off all my clothes before he starts!

After I picked myself up off th efloor and wiped the tears from my eyes I told her that it did seem a little unusual. She was a very good looking girl and we both got a good laugh out of it but I felt really weird going back their myself for some reason.

jordanj

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it's unusual for a doctor to ask you to be naked the whole time during a physical.

Last edited by a moderator:

Late Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Dave, wow... thats too bad you were shocked like that. I might have wondered why I had to be naked too. However, Ive never worn a gown during a physical, always just underwear, so if a nurse either male or female happened to be in the exam room at any time I retained my modesty. Otherwise when it came to checking out my privates or the prostate exam the doctor just asked me to drop my underwear and thats as close to being in the buff as it was. I never gave it much thought about being naked or exposed in front of him and certainly never embarrassed about it. I figured that its the only way to get a good overall checkup. I guess if he ever asked me to strip completely I would do it, but I might ask him why or if it was necessary.

shanehall

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Why is it such a big deal to be naked. It is a doctor visit isnt it? It isnt as if you have been asked to get naked and stand on the street corner. If the doctor is going to be squeezing my nutts and checking your your cock and sticking an unwanted finger up my ass, being naked is the least of my concerns. After all it is a DOCTORS visit not a SEXUAL visit. Why the hang up. It falls into the same category of being naked in front of others of the same gender. We all know us americans put way too much concern of the nude human body. It is just nudity not sexuality.
My doctor is a female. Although it was a bit uncomfortable the first visit, I have realized, dont flatter myself she has no interest in me other than my health.

SpandexGear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have never seen a gown at my doctor's office. Never mind wear one.

Nurse just always asks me to go into one of the rooms and "undress" for my physical. I always took that to mean down to my underwear -- so I strip off to my briefs or jock and wait for the doc. He never says anything about being in a gown or needing me to wear something.

He does his thing with me in my briefs -- then when it comes time to check my equipment -- he asks me to drop the briefs. So I stand there butt naked while he checks me over.

I've never been that shy -- and figure that he's a doctor -- seen lots of cock in his time -- so I am comfortable -- and truthfully, I think he's happy that I am comfortable enough to be naked so he can move things along quickly. Docs seem to have less and less time these days.

Only time I ever had him comment about my clothes was one summer when I cycled to his office -- and I was just wearing spandex shorts (no underwear) and a Tshirt -- and was naked when he came in the room. "Ready eh?" Is all he said with a smile. I just explained that I had cycled in -- he saw my shorts over the chair -- and just said, "Okay, lets get started."

I don't know -- but it all seems pretty normal to me.

Late Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have never seen a gown at my doctor's office. Never mind wear one.

Nurse just always asks me to go into one of the rooms and "undress" for my physical. I always took that to mean down to my underwear -- so I strip off to my briefs or jock and wait for the doc. He never says anything about being in a gown or needing me to wear something.

He does his thing with me in my briefs -- then when it comes time to check my equipment -- he asks me to drop the briefs. So I stand there butt naked while he checks me over.

I've never been that shy -- and figure that he's a doctor -- seen lots of cock in his time -- so I am comfortable -- and truthfully, I think he's happy that I am comfortable enough to be naked so he can move things along quickly. Docs seem to have less and less time these days.

Only time I ever had him comment about my clothes was one summer when I cycled to his office -- and I was just wearing spandex shorts (no underwear) and a Tshirt -- and was naked when he came in the room. "Ready eh?" Is all he said with a smile. I just explained that I had cycled in -- he saw my shorts over the chair -- and just said, "Okay, lets get started."

I don't know -- but it all seems pretty normal to me.

Spandex -- I didnt say earlier but I usually wear a jockstrap when at my physical... I know my doctor has seen everything but I still, for some reason prefer my dick covered during as much of the physical as possible... I guess for some kind of strainge modesty thing... I dont know why.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why is it such a big deal to be naked. It is a doctor visit isnt it? It isnt as if you have been asked to get naked and stand on the street corner. If the doctor is going to be squeezing my nutts and checking your your cock and sticking an unwanted finger up my ass, being naked is the least of my concerns. After all it is a DOCTORS visit not a SEXUAL visit. Why the hang up. It falls into the same category of being naked in front of others of the same gender. We all know us americans put way too much concern of the nude human body. It is just nudity not sexuality.
My doctor is a female. Although it was a bit uncomfortable the first visit, I have realized, dont flatter myself she has no interest in me other than my health.

I can give you one quick and obvious example. Hypertension......"White coat" hypertension is real, on average a patients blood pressure can inctrease 10-20 points in a doctors office. Asking them to strip down to nothing will only increase anxiety levels and increase the hypertension. How do you diagnose hypertension then? Its a tough diagnosis as it is (despite common belief its easily diagnosed after 1 measurement). Increased anxiety levels then make a physical exam more difficult, the patient is less likely to divulge useful information, a rapid heart beat could make it more difficult to pick up on murmurs, etc.....Some people when anxious will shake their hands making tremors impossible to discern. It makes the physical exam difficult FOR MOST people.....of course on this site everyone is always naked :rolleyes: but fact of the matter is those effects of feeling anxious at the doctor is cross cultural, cross-religions, cross-gender, cross-ages. I can tell you when I have a physical, there would be no way in hell i would just strip down naked and wait for the doctor......its completely inappropriate

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, it's not supposed to happen like that, but welcome to my world...male doctors always enjoy having me naked in their offices, and often make excuses just to touch...one of the disadvantages of having really nice breasts!

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My doctor is a middle aged woman and she has seen me nekked a bunch of times and felt my balls and handled my penis and stuck her finger up my butt a dozen times. It is SO not a big deal. I make a point of taking off my gown and getting dressed right in front of her and engaging her in some conversation at the end of the exam and she doesn't even blink.
Very professional.

Still...a man, doctor or not, should not be alone with a totally naked woman in a room with the doors closed.
Just my opinion.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My doctor is a middle aged woman and she has seen me nekked a bunch of times and felt my balls and handled my penis and stuck her finger up my butt a dozen times. It is SO not a big deal. I make a point of taking off my gown and getting dressed right in front of her and engaging her in some conversation at the end of the exam and she doesn't even blink.
Very professional.

Still...a man, doctor or not, should not be alone with a totally naked woman in a room with the doors closed.
Just my opinion.

They're not. Its against hospital policy virtually everywhere in the US and is a sure way to get yourself sued in office. I know of NO ONE who examines a female in a room alone without a female staff member present. I also know a lot of doctors that now examine genitalia with someone present always

Sniper

Just Browsing
Media
Nope, during my physicals they hand me the gown and I take all my clothes off except my briefs.

When it comes time to check my crotch, they simple tell me to drop my briefs.

If i was you, I woudln't come back there...

Also, in an unrelated topic, I personally feel more comfortable with a male doctor then a female doctor.

cockamania

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've only ever had one doctor do this since I was an adult, and he was a man. He had me keep my panties on, but I was wearing a Calvin Klein G-string. I remember sweating the entire time, because I was so nervous.

Especially when he stood behind me to examine my spine...

I don't go to that doctor anymore.

I would love to see you in that CK Gstring