Physical exam

sprinter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Had my first real physical exam today in eight years. When I say real, I mean my new doctor actually did more than have me take off my shirt and listen to my chest. I was asked to strip to my underwear and was given a full exam including an hernia and testicle check. The Dr had me stand at the end and lowered my underwear himself which was a first for me.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The nurse asked me to strip naked and put on the "gown." I think the gown is stupid, so I just got naked. My doctor does a very thorough exam.

boatnik

Worshipped Member
Media
I changed to a new primary doctor a few years back and went to see him for a routine physical. Once in the exam room I was told to undress and put on the typical exam gown which opens in the front. The doctor came in the room and after the preliminary history questions had me lay back on his exam table so he could palpate my internal organs. I don't wear any underwear and when he opened the gown my cock was just sprawled across my thigh and he did a double take. He started pushing on my abdomen but pulled up short, looked at my cock and said, "You have quite an amazing specimen. It is very distracting.", and proceeded to grab a towel from an adjacent table and covered my loins. When I returned to the clinic a week later for some blood work, every female staff member looked at me with a sly smile and raised eyebrows. While I was in the phlebotomists room every one of them, from the receptionist to the billing clerk to the nurse practitioner, all stopped by for a quick chat. I can only imagine what the doctor told them.

StuJr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
My "physical" exam is hardly an exam at all. Listen to my heart, press on my belly for a bit, ask a few questions, that's it. I don't think he even had me take off my shirt. My previous doc was definitely more thorough. I don't think he minds seeing me naked, because I had a skin check a while back and I got completely naked in front of him. Just odd that a physical exam isn't very physical.

bigtoad

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Going for a check up on Wednesday....will report back, first time with new doc....

cedarizzo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I remember my first exam with my doctor. I had switched insurance companies and needed to switch doctors. I have a friend that is an emergency room nurse and knows most of the doctors in town. He always has the best recommendations. He recommended this new doctor. The doctor had a pretty nice looking body. He wore very tight jeans that showed a very nice bulge. But the thing I liked the best, he was very open to trying different techniques to help with my back problems. He was a very cool guy.

But when I got there, the nurse led me into the exam room. She told me to strip down to my underwear and put on the gown. I sat there in the cold room for a few minutes before the doctor came in. He asked a few questions, did a few basic checks and then told me that I could get dressed. I never needed to be in the gown. But the entire time I was getting dressed, he stayed in the room and talked to me...while watching me. If the room hadn't been so cold, I might have showed off a lot more to the doctor.

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate the gown. It feels stupid, so I just strip to underwear and sit on the table. I shower naked with other men nearly daily. Putting on a paper privacy gown that makes you look ridiculous is not for me. My briefs come down and off for the genital check and stay off through the prostrate check. I am naked for less than two minutes. My old doctor years ago walked in, looked at the chart and said "annual exam today, alright you can take your clothes off and sit on the table. Any concerns today?" He seemed to purposefully focus on his paper while you undressed. He did not have a nurse, just a receptionist who would call your name and tell you to go to exam A or B.

Reactions: charlie59horse

colday

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My doctor checks everything but he just asked you to drop you pants and underwear to do the hernia check, testicle check and prostate exam. Never been asked to get naked and put on a gown except when I had 2 different colonoscopies.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My doctor usually says what he's going to do and check for then says "get as comfortable as you like". Since I go commando, I just strip off and sit naked on the examining table or stand if need be.

wilderness

Cherished Member
Media
i go for a full body examine every 6 months at the dermatologist after a few basal cell skin cancer surgeries. i'm told to strip and put on the gown and wait for the dr. i feel embarrassed with the gown so i also just strip to my boxers. when he comes in he examines my entire body and then asks me to drop the boxers to check my cock and balls and ass. no big deal.

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The nurse asked me to strip naked and put on the "gown." I think the gown is stupid, so I just got naked. My doctor does a very thorough exam.

I hate the gown. It feels stupid, so I just strip to underwear and sit on the table. I shower naked with other men nearly daily. Putting on a paper privacy gown that makes you look ridiculous is not for me. My briefs come down and off for the genital check and stay off through the prostrate check. I am naked for less than two minutes. My old doctor years ago walked in, looked at the chart and said "annual exam today, alright you can take your clothes off and sit on the table. Any concerns today?" He seemed to purposefully focus on his paper while you undressed. He did not have a nurse, just a receptionist who would call your name and tell you to go to exam A or B.

the gown IS stupid. As soon as the doc comes in, she has me remove it anyway, so i guess the nurse just has patients put it on in case they may feel awkward just sitting there in underwear or nude.

Reactions: Ctmax

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i go for a full body examine every 6 months at the dermatologist after a few basal cell skin cancer surgeries. i'm told to strip and put on the gown and wait for the dr. i feel embarrassed with the gown so i also just strip to my boxers. when he comes in he examines my entire body and then asks me to drop the boxers to check my cock and balls and ass. no big deal.

I've had two "skin checks" and neither time did the dermatologist (different doctors) check anything under my shorts. A friend who actually had melanoma told me to expect to have EVERYTHING checked with a magnifying glass...twig n berries, crack, etc, so I was a bit confused when the exams were done with my trunks on the whole time.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've had two "skin checks" and neither time did the dermatologist (different doctors) check anything under my shorts. A friend who actually had melanoma told me to expect to have EVERYTHING checked with a magnifying glass...twig n berries, crack, etc, so I was a bit confused when the exams were done with my trunks on the whole time.

Around here, that's unusual for a skin check. I have annual checks (I've had basal cell carcinomas once or twice), and I just strip naked and wait for the doc or his PA. They're both very thorough, and there is not a square inch of my skin that they don't examine...only use a magnifying glass to check on something that's odd. I'm uncut, so they retract my foreskin and look closely at the margin (I think that's what it's called), where the inner and outer foreskin rub and slide aganst each other) as well.

I want them to be thorough. I don't want to go in for a skin check one year and discover I've got a Stage IV Whatever because they didn't want to embarrass me by examining my genitals, anus, or wherever a year ago.

Reactions: ikethetyke

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Around here, that's unusual for a skin check. I have annual checks (I've had basal cell carcinomas once or twice), and I just strip naked and wait for the doc or his PA. They're both very thorough, and there is not a square inch of my skin that they don't examine...only use a magnifying glass to check on something that's odd. I'm uncut, so they retract my foreskin and look closely at the margin (I think that's what it's called), where the inner and outer foreskin rub and slide aganst each other) as well.

I want them to be thorough. I don't want to go in for a skin check one year and discover I've got a Stage IV Whatever because they didn't want to embarrass me by examining my genitals, anus, or wherever a year ago.

I thought it was strange, but the checks were done by two different docs at two different medical centers.

My friend said they checked him everywhere but sort of went a bit more quickly over the nether regions.

I used to go to tanning salons when younger so I did have a bit of sunburn where the sun don't shine at first. I guess it would be a good idea to insist upon a full and thorough skin check next time, probably by a third and different doc because if the others didn't see fit to do their jobs properly without prompting, it's not worth the trouble to go back.

I'm sure I remember Aria Giovanni saying she had some precancerous spots removed from areas of her body that don't get sunlight. same with my friend, who is a fair skinned guy, never took his shirt off outdoors but had skin removed from his abdomen.

MisterVIP

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Update.

Recently had my 40 year physical. No one believes I'm 40, but that's another story...

Nurse told me to strip completely and put on the gown, that the doc will examine my whole body.

Doc comes in and says she is going to check me out from head to toe. First she checked eyes, ears, mouth, neck. Checked heart rate, breathing and lungs, then had me lay down and pressed my abs. She then told me to stand next to her, facing the same direction she was. She lifted the gown and said she was going to feel my testicles for unusual lumps, but first she slightly retracted my foreskin and squished the glans at the opening, then put the skin back and let go. She was quick to move on to the testicles for what was probably the gentlest exam they've ever had. Then she followed with the least intrusive hernia check I've had (a common theme among my female docs). Male docs have always stuck a finger up through my sack and into my groin, quite uncomfortable. Female docs seem content to just hold their hands on my pubic area while asking me to cough, or like my current doc, she just held my testicles in one hand while touching along the upper scrotum with the other.

Then she did a skin check from head to toe, spending the most time on face, neck, shoulders and arms, quickly going over everything else under the gown again.

I like my doctor, she's very professional, but I sometimes get the impression she is a bit uncomfortable with male patients (or at least with me for some reason). She did discuss sexual activity and whether I use protection, prostate health checks (which she did not physically examine, perhaps because I had the biopsy in Sept.), other injuries and past ailments from my record, but I didn't really feel like this was a full on 40 year physical or even a very thorough standard annual exam.

jay-c

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
To this day, I'm in my 30's, my doctors have only given me testicular exams for the genital portion of the exam. Never have I had my penis examined at all. Wonder if that's the norm?