Physical Examinations

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by Topcop, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Topcop

Topcop New Member

This time of year reminds me of my first physical. HS freshman football practice. After practice we were told to shower and line up outside of coach's office. One at a time we'd walk in, stand on our towel, and prepare for the assault. Dr. looked like David Letterman. He told me to TCBS--turn, cough, bend, spread. He greased up his middle finger on his right hand and inserted it. Yeow. With his left palm he held my penis steady from banging against the table. When he was finished he gave me tissue, told me to wipe, and lastly, told me I would have no trouble with the girls. What a jerk.

Anyone else have examination memorories?

2. l_a_dude

l_a_dude New Member

I played water polo in California. During h.s. physicals sophomore year, we all piled into the gym. We were examined by a urologist (his son played water polo) behind a curtain.

I dropped my shorts and he took one look at my balls and said to his colleague (another doc), "Bob, look at this. This one's huge!" as he sat there holding my ball sack in his hands.

Now, to be fair, he was pointing out a condition that I didn't know that I had (too many veins in the ball sack) that he recommended I have fixed. But it was, indeed, the first time - of many - that I have been told that I have huge, low hangers... :biggrin1:

3. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

i'm tryin to figure out why he was sticki his finger up HS boys butts.....there is no indication whatsoever for a prostate exam at that age.....

4. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

varicocele.....

5. AzTwo

AzTwo New Member

I've posted before about being the one performing the exam & noticing...
    As an examinee I've always been terrified of having D&B examined. Worried I'd go hard right away.

6. boxersboy75

boxersboy75 Member

Yeah.... that doesnt right right to me either.
    -B

7. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

No doctor did that examination till I was over thirty. Did he do that to all the players or just you?

8. Topcop

Topcop New Member

It was a yearly pre-fall practice ritual. I'm sure he did it to all the players. We laughed about it. Can't believe no one else recalls this from HS.

And yes, he did wear a glove.

9. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I agree with baseball99 on this one. A kid in high school should NOT be given a prostate exam, especially not in the coach's office. Let's clear this up here and now: a HERNIA exam is NOT done with a finger up the ass. The finger up the ass is strictly for checking the prostate for lumps, and almost never on a teenager. Certainly not routine.

The hernia exam is when the doc holds a finger up behind the ballsac and says "turn your head and cough." Those are routine for teen boys. That doctor should NOT have been doing DREs in his clinical office, should absolutely not have been doing them at the school in the coaches office. That's just creepy.

10. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

I agree! I think that doctor had an agenda not covered in med school.

11. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I'm guessing the coach asked the doc to do it, just to humiliate the players, and the doc agreed. I can think of no other reason on earth something like that would have happened. Coach is lucky he didn't lose his job over that one, I'm surprised that once word got around, the doctor didn't have to "go before the board" to explain it.

12. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

I had a couple loser coaches with the IQ of sperm, but even they wouldn't be that stupid, i hope. It's the kind of thing that if a player mentioned it to his parents, a few eyebrows would be raised.

13. samhung

samhung Member

Prostatectomy for a college or high school athlete? Those procedures are indicated only when there is a high suspicion of prostatitis or as a routine procedure in men 40 (some say 35) or over. That seems very strange indeed, bordering on professional misconduct.

14. Latinoboy9

Latinoboy9 New Member

Albums:
    I had a nice conversation with a MD from this LPSG site and I told him about my doctor that gave me my yearly physical and he was always looking at my member and touching the foreskin and rolling back and I think he was getting hard also and we discussed my sexual activities and also he asked how hard I got and this struck me odd but I think he was just being turned on with my answering him about it all, he never made a move I think he wanted me to go first but it never happened. Maybe my next one I will make a move on him he looks like he is packing I mean his buldge was obvious to see...I took my time getting dressed also...Jose'Latinoboy9:cool:

15. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I doubt he was removing the prostate, but even a digital rectal exam would not have been called for, it is definitely not routine until a man is in his late 30s or early 40s. I agree, at least bordering on professional misconduct, especially in the setting described and without symptoms or family history. Hell, they didn't even do one of those for my enlistment physicals for the USMC. We did have to turn & cough, we did have to "bend & spread" - but that was just for a visual for hemorrhoids. No DRE.

16. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

In the discussion with the LPSG MD, I hope he told you that your doctor's professional ethics are questionable.

17. Latinoboy9

Latinoboy9 New Member

Albums:
    That he did tell me...But if its only you and the doctor in the room and something like that is going on Hmm? Makes me wonder what to do? I mean he did not attack me he just got arroused its a natural thing maybe he had not been sexual active in awhile? Jose'Latinoboy9:cool:

18. D_Sheffield Thongbynder

19. eric teeter

eric teeter New Member

My first urologic exam was when I was about 34 years old....I reported to my primary care doc that I noticed my semen was slightly brown in color...

he referred me to a really good looking male urologist. I had tinkled in a jar and the lab person took it away. then the urologist told me to bend over and put my hands on the exam table. next he stuck a finger in quickly and massaged my prostate.....then I shot off all over the side of the exam table....he rushed around and scooped up semen...put some on a slide and disappeared to his lab......really wild feeling....in the end all was o.k.

20. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

If you think he's hot, and want to fool around with him, that's fine - as long as you find a different doctor. You should never have ANYTHING at all sexual going on when you are in the doctor-patient relationship.

Draft saved Draft deleted