physical 'flaws' you can't move past in a potential partner.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Women-
facial hair
grossly overweight
fake anything

Men
ear hair
over or underweight
pasty complexion

Bad personal hygiene is a definite dealbreaker.

redz_rule

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have preferences, I think most people do, but they kind of go out of the window when I 'click' with someone because most people tend to be more than the sum of their parts.

The only actual physical deal-breakers that spring to mind are poor personal hygiene, a lot shorter than me (5'6") and dangerously skinny or obese. I think my list of personality/character deal-breakers would be waaaaay longer.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well you and the female poster could develop psoriasis and then you two can feel judged by others. it would be almost ironic.

You took offense to my post but not references to height, weight, acne, toe thumbs, teeth, etc.?

This thread is about deal breakers and note the punctuation in the OP: 'flaws'.

You don't have any deal breakers theaussieone?

I'm still laughing at "the female poster". Getting on a moral high horse and then referring to "the female" = Triple LOL

Also, "almost ironic"? It either gets there or it doesn't. :rolleyes:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anything that has to do with not taking care of one's body because of laziness, excessive over indulgdence or purposeful starvation.

Last edited by a moderator:

fizzyjizz

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thought provoking as it made me realise I have many preferences but very few must-haves or deal breakers.

When it comes to my libido, physical attributes that are deal breakers: oozing, weeping skin conditions; a guy less than 5'6"; extreme weight difference.

I never thought of that, but now that you mention it, I agree.

I know this sounds terribly judgmental, but I like my partners to be thin. Also, women with very hairy arms or legs kinda freak me out.

Other than that, i'm yours ladies :rolleyes:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can be attracted to a woman with small breasts if the rest of her figure is nice, and I can be attracted to one who is a bit chunky if the chunkiness is nicely distributed, but chunkiness without boobies--the look that my late father used to sum up in the phrase "all that meat and no potatoes"--is a turn-off to me.

As for silly little things that I think I ought not to be put off by but nonetheless am put off by, I would say: a gap between the front teeth.

D_dft6s43

Just Browsing
Media
Sounds cold, but I don't think I could deal with a partner who has a disability. Other than that I think it's sort of a balancing act and wouldn't jump on any one fault without knowing the bigger picture.

The only other tipping point would relate to self-neglect, but I don't think that's so much of a physical flaw as it is a mindset. :33:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I hesitate to use the word "flaw" in this post. Since the definition of flaw is often subjective. Case in point, let's take the poster who mentioned pooch-like bellies on women. I have a friend who adores such a "flaw", and he calls this a Venus belly while drooling and developing an erection. One person's flaw is another's goldmine. But I am sure that's why dolfette put the word in quotation marks.

Anyway, that said...physical things in a potential mate/sex partner which are important to me:

Teeth. Clean, relatively straight-ish, fairly white.

Feet. Clean, nice toes, well-kept nails.

Nails on the hands too, in general. Nicely-kept.

Nothing very excessive size-wise in either direction. Heroin-chic thin and needs-a-nurse-to-bathe heavy are not going to interest me much.

Last edited:

xX_Sarah_Xx

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Deal breakers:

- shorter than 1m78/5'10" (=me) (preferably over 1m85/6'1" (= me with heels))
- overweight, when it's getting unhealthy (it's not hot when I can easily outrun a guy...)
- bad personal hygiene in general (odors-teeth-nails-hands-...)

mikeyinbrooklyn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am pretty open in terms of most forms of men's physical appearance. Generally, I think people have to have a look that works for them. Both chubby and skinny can be attractive on the right people. Ditto color, body hair, tattoos, etc. Two things that I would say are turnoffs, though, for sure are poor oral hygeine (not just smell, but yellow, plaque covered teeth), and unkempt feet. While nice feet do not turn me on, people with unruly callouses, untrimmed nails, etc are gross.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know it's not really a flaw, but I just can't get over a height difference of more than 5-6": tall guys just make me feel dwarfish (I'm 5'6).