Physical or Personality: Dates

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Petherick_Poundlouder, Mar 26, 2010.

1. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

No, this isn't another one of those choice threads. This is about patterns, likes, and desire. you know, the fun stuff. So in your dating/hooking-up past has there been any patterns in the lucky girl or guys physique or personality??

I'll go 1st. Physically, really no obvious pattern. I've dated tall, model-esque, to semi-plump girls. Personality-wise, I think most the girls I'm attracted to are or have been a tomboy in their lifetime. The type of girl where it feels like a little kid playdate.

Now you go... :)

2. lopo2000

Gold Member

I don't deny that someone's looks can be the first thing my eyes are dancing around to see, but luckily I'm a person who doesn't rely st impression. I can be instantly attracted to people of my type, but whether or not it lasts longer it depends on how he behaves and views this world...

i used to like this one average joe and I wasn't instantly attracted to him. But, the more I know him, the more I like him because he was very mature and cool. A passionate kind of guy...

3. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have never been much of a one for dating. I prefer to only think in terms of relationships. If I let it get as far as a 'date' I am already sure that it will go farther if the man or woman is willing. I believesex is sacred and not to be engaged in lightly. Just relieving urges can be handled by my extremely vivid fantasy life.

And in relationships I find a pattern all right. The pattern is to deny uncomfortable facts about a partner in order to prolong the relationship until things go batshit bad. I am not proud of this. It's the flip side of having such a good imagination I suppose.

4. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Patterns, oh, yes there have been patterns, and significant deviations, too.

The majority of the men I've dated have been attractive with dark hair and light eyes and were very fit. The men I've dated who were not conventionally attractive tend to be very educated or bookish, including a comedian that I think many would think was a little bit odd looking and one very intelligent introverted man who had a beer belly. I've also dated a few non-Caucasian men.

The personalities of the men I've dated have varied greatly.

5. Jillang

Jillang Member

Physically they have been different types I guess. Personality wise they have been A types, or at least they have tried to act that way.

6. Enid

Gold Member

Albums:
    My home is wherever reality seems elastic and the
    Physically speaking I have dated a real variety of types. Baby butch girls, very feminine girls, somewhat feminine/nerdy men, and one very masculine man who is also kind of pretty-boyish (current). All have been attractive, some less conventionally so.

Personality-wise I date all over the place too, with the one constant being extremely high intelligence (usually highly educated as well). That's about it.

7. marriedasian

marriedasian Member

Albums:
    during my dating years, i dated women that were sexually confident. as long as they were somewhat visually attractive, the sexual energy carried them all the way.

i guess for me it's personality then physical but the physical has to complete the package or it won't play out.

Draft saved Draft deleted