Pic stealers online...

Thumper_10x7_CA: The other day I was chatting with a guy on AOL and we agreed to trade pix. Imagine my shock when I opened his e-mail and it was a picture of MY OWN COCK! I was floored! I've had friends tell me they've seen my pics on sites that I never posted to. I've even heard about guys sending out my pics as themselves. But I never thought it would actually happen to me! He didn't even change the backgroud! There's a jacket with my real name on it plainly visible if you look closely!
When I confronted the guy about it he actually had the balls to insist that it was really him, even though I just sent him my real pic! You'd think he'd at least go and hide, but he threatened to report me to AOL for harassment!

Has this happened to anybody else out there in big dick land?

When I thought about it later I was kind of flattered that he chose my pic to send out but then I wondered what this guy does when he hooks up with someone and they are expecting a huge cock. Does he flip them over then pull out a dildo? LOL

lomejorhombre: I have not found anyone steeling my picts and claiming them as their own, most people just claim its a fake! One such event is actually what led to me finding this site!!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Ha! How many IRL meetings have uncovered the fact that one or both of the correspondents lied about looking like Tom Cruise or Halle Berry?!!

There are just so damned many pictures on the internet to choose from. I, for one, don't post pics of myself anywhere on the internet but I will admit to having looked around for pics of guys with genitalia that look like mine (to no avail).

In the meantime, Tony, just consider that poor jerk's lack of self-esteem and continue to feel complimented that he chose your pic as his own.

Pecker

The more people I meet, the more I like my cat.

TragicWhiteKnight: Like Pecker, I (at least now in my older and wiser stage) wouldn't let a picture of myself circulate around the net. But for those who are looking for partners/flings/whatever liasons there are that I'm too innocent to understand, don't have as much choice - carring a visible sign with your user name is perhaps the only way to stop the problem (but even then it could probably be Photoshopped away)

Roll on the introduction of penile ID cards...

hungstud: i have had my pics used by others on yahoo and have had friends point out users they've seen with my pics in their profile. They are almost always body shots (sometimes cock but none with face..yet).
I guess i am very liberal with my pics & cam on yahoo so i some would say i shouldn't be suprised,
When i confronted a guy a friend had found, he insisted it is his pic for a while and then disconnect & disappeared.

i am slightly flattered, but i don't understand - what's the point of getting attention if its not you in the pic???

makes me angry to think how many perverts out there are using fake pics

mistergrasso: The point of posting a picture on line that isn't you is the point of much of what goes on line: fantasy. Many folks have multiple identities, people they would like to be but aren't. I'm sure some of the 13 1/2 inch cocks on this site are not even half that. Otheers are quite real but unless there's an actual hook-up, the fantasy can serve as the reality.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Geez, don't I know this situation well! I can't count how many times dudes have sent me 'their' pictures, and they turn out to be photos of me! And they all insist that it's really them ... as if I don't recognise my own face and body, or don't remember posing for those shots!
One imposter I particularly remember was a guy who sent me a picture of 'himself' (me!) and claimed that the photo was taken in Ohio, his home state. When I asked, "If that's the case, how is it that you're standing naked in front of the Port of New Orleans sign on the Mississippi River?" You know what? I never heard from him again! :D

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
You've got to be kidding. (Why isn't there a sweatdrop smilie up here? I feel much better about making ASCII smilies on usenet than I do on a variable-width font forum like this.)

Okay, everyone: The best way to do pics is to make sure you're outdoors next to a landmark.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I think this is the same reason why I'm really skittish about putting up pics, much less posting them or trading them with people online.

I had a cam once, and I remember taking some x-rated photos. I submitted them to a site, but I had them removed later. I just didn't... feel right... about being so freely available. I could understand camming with somebody if I were in a mood for it; that's just getting off. If someone wanted to see the goods, I'd just snap a quick shot of it. But once that pic leaves my Outbox, it's free territory, man. You don't have control over it once it leaves your hands.

I could go through all the trouble of adding multiple text stamps by Photoshopping my own stuff... but geez...

Heh, that's why the live experience is the best one. :D You get the full display, no editing, perfectly intact -- bad lighting or not, it's all in the open!

(Ed. note: I never COULD get a decent angle or lighting with my cam. It was a cheapie Logitech. 'Bout the only thing it was good for was... well... getting some gratuitous boob'age. Hmmm, maybe I should reinvest...)

prepstudinsc: I've had some of my pics sent to me by people claiming that they were their own. When I got the pics, I just said, "hmmmm...I think I've seen that one before" and didn't return the pic. After you send one pic out, there's not anything you can do--it's free territory out there, and since there's no way the pics can be prevented from being forwarded and saved by others, there's no way you can stop losers from stealing them and using your pics as their own. It just comes with the territory. I was mad at first, but then I just came to take it as a compliment...I guess that the dude was taken enough with my dick to want it for his own that he figured he could pass the pic off as his own. Oh well, if he met anybody in person, they'd quickly see when he dropped trou that what the pic was and what he had were two different things.

bigstr8bulge

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Agreed with others....you'll never find my nude pics floatin the net just for this reason. But that sure doesn't inhibit me from showin my stuff IRL, after all, what else is the boy good for... 8)

Thumper_10x7_CA: the whole pic stealing thing is one reason I don't have pics of me totally nude head to toe. if the dick is in it then my face isn't.
I also tried the putting your e-mail addy on the pic to prevent it, but I found guys would just crop the pic or photoshop it so the address didn't show.
Ive learned to just deal with it, and if someone doesn't believe it's me because they've seen the pic before, then I just figure it's their loss.

cork8x6

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I can't begin to even count the number of times my photos have either been sent to me or I've seen them online somewhere. It happens A LOT! Part of me is flattered, the other part annoyed. But I've resigned myself to the fact that people will lift my photos anyway and I've recently started to watermark any new pics I post on my sites or any other.

leanffm: Likewise here.

I dont know why there are guys who do this, since it doesnt make sense. In case someone wants to meet them finally, they have to admit. I think that goes back to a prob with dating on the Internet. There are just too many mind-crazy people out there, who only pretend they want to meet.

Something happened to me one time: A guy I wanted to date, had just had this experience that someone was swindeling at him. He asked me if that really were my pics and even when we met, would still not believe it. He did not even take the risk and checked :(

roedhunt: In regards to pics.... I tried to look in photos and it gives me an error message.. Any of you have the same problem?

jason63167: Yeah, I had the same problem.
Whats wrong with the photo section on the yahoo! group page?

OneHungGun: Years ago I was chatting on AOL - and some beawtch had the nerve to send me my own damn pic (g rated). I was shocked but felt sorry for the poor bastard, having to send out my pic and pretend it's him. How dumb. Can you believe he argued with me about the pic being him? I mean - I do have a twin but he's not even gay and if he was I doubt he'd be trying to get with his own damn brother. Online has spawned a new generation of fraud - it's not even funny. And back then - everyone was 8 INCHES - now, 10 inches is the new 8 inches. Geeesh