pick your relationship label!

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
i think we all sometimes fall into a role. sometimes it suits us, sometimes it's a rut.

i am...

the midlife crisis

middle aged men want me the same way they want a flash car or a motorbike. it'll most likely kill you but you'll feel like it makes you look cool, despite or even because of the damage to your bank balance. ffs, fool, i'm not even that good a ride!

...and you are?

for me i think it's...

the cougar.

once i started dating a younger person i started attracting other younger people like flies. i am not talking just a couple of years, i am talking at least 10 years diff.

wseattle

Superior Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
nice guy who tries to make everyone happy.. while secretly wanting to tell the world to f-off haha

minimag

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Awww - the one who's nice underneath, but just needs some mates to drag him outta his shell?
It's a nice thought, but the last time I had mates to hang out with was...um, well, 17 years ago. My mates have nearly always been women. The last time I had a male friend was roughly 22-23 years ago, back when I was still a teenager.

Last edited:

It's a nice thought, but the last time I had mates to hang out with was...um, well, 17 years ago. My mates have nearly always been women. The last time I had a male friend was roughly 22-23 years ago, back when I was still a teenager.
Yeh, I guess it's hard to change a routine you're used to. Never too late tho - doesnt mean you cant pick up mates now, lol.

If you find women easier to hang round with - do that instead. :)
All the best anyway, bro.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not going to say who I think I am...

for me i think it's...

the cougar.

once i started dating a younger person i started attracting other younger people like flies. i am not talking just a couple of years, i am talking at least 10 years diff.

Is this what's happening? Ever since I started seeing TheBoyfriend I seem to be alot more attractive to men in their twenties or 10 years younger than me! Is it just that I now seem more accessible to younger men because they see me with him?

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm not going to say who I think I am...

Is this what's happening? Ever since I started seeing TheBoyfriend I seem to be alot more attractive to men in their twenties or 10 years younger than me! Is it just that I now seem more accessible to younger men because they see me with him?

I think a couple things are going on, maybe.

You're involved with a younger guy, so you're bound to notice younger people because they're on your mind. You know the saying when it rains, it pours? Ever hear a gf say that after she started seeing someone new? She's happy in a new union, so she starts regularly noticing other romantic options. Same thing here, I think.

Also, I'm a firm believer that whatever it is you're focusing on will be what you draw to you. Like if you live in fear, an example would be bringing about the very thing you fear the most. So if you're happily in love with a younger person, you will naturally draw younger people to you because they somehow pick up on it.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think a couple things are going on, maybe.

You're involved with a younger guy, so you're bound to notice younger people because they're on your mind. You know the saying when it rains, it pours? Ever hear a gf say that after she started seeing someone new? She's happy in a new union, so she starts regularly noticing other romantic options. Same thing here, I think.

Also, I'm a firm believer that whatever it is you're focusing on will be what you draw to you. Like if you live in fear, an example would be bringing about the very thing you fear the most. So if you're happily in love with a younger person, you will naturally draw younger people to you because they somehow pick up on it.

Oh, it's not me! These are guys I was quite shocked to realize were flirting with me. I suppose it's possible young guys flirted with me before and I didn't notice, but I doubt it. I'm not that unobservant. I hadn't thought about it before your post, but I think there might be an assumption that I have a prediliction that wasn't assumed before.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Oh I understand that it's not you who is initiating these flirtations. The same thing has happened to me (unexpected and unsolicited advances). (Most recently, I was dropping a friend's son off after an afternoon out and he tried to kiss me as he was exiting my vehicle. This kid is 19.) Though I've attracted younger folks for a while, I believe the reasons I'm noticing it more now have to do with the topic being very much on mind, me putting out a certain energy maybe and also I guess the whole cougar thing being very popular right now. Additionally, I look a lot younger than I actually am. Those are basically my thoughts about it.

In your case you're most likely right, if these are guys that are hitting on you after they find out about who you're dating then it could very well just be that they assume that's what you're into.

Last edited:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
I think.....i am......The man child.

I like to be childish in relationships, but try to do it at appropriate times. I try and be playful etc but i can be deep when needed.

So in a relationship, i guess that makes it abit more maternal too. I can look after myself, but i like it when i have a women looking after me. I think at times i need someone to stop and say "lemon, your going wrong here, do this"