Picking just the right one...

InsertHere

Experimental Member
Media
Hey all! As you may know I am away at college right now, but my boyfriend will be flying out to visit in about a month. We've been talking about getting some toys for...well, mostly for anal play and I'd like to surprise him when he gets here! I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for vibrators and lubes.

We've tried a few different lubes already, but haven't really found a good one. My main complaint with the current one is that it dries up and gets sticky - it also has a sickly sweet smell and taste. I'm not planning to drink it or anything, but, well, things happen :9 and I'd like a lube that isn't quite so disgusting.

I look forward to your suggestions!!

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Also--consider AstroGlide.

If you want to go more cheaply--I have found Target Brabd lube to be very effective as more cost-effective.

As for dildos--you just have to figure out what you like/want.

Spork

1st Like
Media
Silicone lubes will last much longer than any water-based lube, and I think they give more sensation. I've used Wet Platinum and Eros; neither has any appreciable smell, and I can't tell them apart.

I like Wet Platinum because the Eros container has a slick plastic cap that is nearly impossible to turn once you get lube on it!

But if you need the slipperiest thing out there, and don't mind it drying up faster than silicone, use Probe. This stuff absolutely slays Astroglide or any other water-based lube I've tried. If it won't go in with Probe, it ain't going in.

If you can't find them locally, www.goodvibes.com or www.condomania.com can help you out.

Hairyguy_29

Just Browsing
Media
Congrats on looking into the wonderful world of toys ;) IMHO silicone is the only material worth considering for vibes or dills, just keep the silicone lube in the drawer when you've got your toys out. Probe I agree is the best glycerine lube on the market, hands down. You can even keep a little spritz bottle of warm water handy, when the probe starts to dry out a tiny bit of water will reactivate it all over again.

Hairyguy