Picture Repostings

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by basque9, Jul 5, 2007.

1. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:
    A computer malware infecting almost all of my privately posted pictures, including those that were posted in my gallery on LPSG, has made it necessary for me to remove all but a few recently posted ones. I am able to salvage 2 recent ones and will begin right now the gradual reposting of the original 30 or so. The malware operated remotely and apparently accessed my private pictures and personal information at will!:mad:
    I still have several pictures in my gallery..so check them out if you like!:smile::smile::smile: Donkey

Allan S. likes this.
  2. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Impossible.

3. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:

Tell that to my computer! It was apparently operating from a distance of several thousand miles and has been removed. I am not a computer geek, so don't ask me to explain how it worked!

Allan S. likes this.
  4. SteveHd

Gold Member

I suggest you find one! I really doubt the malware is in a pic file.

5. viking1

Gold Member

I don't mean this to be a smart alec answer, but do a search on "malware in jpeg files". The jpeg exploit has been know about for sometime now.

6. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I dont run an Anti-virus program while im on the web. I never did. All i do is scan my whole system once a day and thats it. Ive had very few problems over the years. I now have Windows Defender and run it once a day and keep it updated. Over the last 8 years ive downloaded at least 6,000 MP3's and about 1,000 videos and never had a problem. To have all this Anti-Virus stuff running while your on line is just killing your computer.

7. SteveHd

Gold Member

I'm aware of those but they are rare. It's a good point. But he really needs someone with expertise to look at it.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

SteveHdQuote:
    Originally Posted by donkeyboy9 [​IMG]
    ... I am not a computer geek,

I suggest you find one! I really doubt the malware is in a pic file.
    That is so much easier said than done! I had a great friend/computer geek when I lived in NJ but will have to find a new one now that I am in Georgia.

9. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Hey go to Download.com or C.Net they have great Ati-Virus programs that are for free. One i used for many years is Anti- vi guard. They scan your whole system and remove all the bad stuff. You just have to keep them updated. They have ones for spyware and everything.

10. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks for all of the advice guys, I was told to put my pictures and other sensitive data on a CD and no longer store them in a file on my computer...that way I am the only one who can ever access them! Was further advised to remove all data and jpeg files posted prior to the removal of the malware late in June!
    Special thanks to you Uncut, my antivirus antispyware systems run all the time and as you say gradually kill the computer! Doing the controlled periodic scans the way you do sounds like the way to go!

Allan S. likes this.
  11. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks Uncut, sounds good! It gets hairy when you might have to take your computer to outside geeks to be rid of all this darn stuff! I use Norton,Defender,Adaware, Spybot and Firewall now. I plan to look into Anti-vi-guard.

Allan S. likes this.
  12. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I just got Windows Vista. It must have had 5 or6 Antivirus programs running on my computer. That shit went right in the garbage can. I kept Windows Defender and thats it. I run it once a day it scans everything in your computer and will remove anthing bad. It is a good idea to keep MP'3s,Mpgs etc. on disc or another computer. This stuff takes up too much disc space. Run disc defragmenter once a week too. It keeps your computer running fast

Draft saved Draft deleted