Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

xanthis2001

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They NEVER existed. It was another "My girlfriend catfished him and I have the nudes. I won't post them for free but you can DM me for information on buying them." scam. That is always bull:poop:. If you have nudes of a celebrity and post them then you aren't likely to get in trouble. If you SELL them to individuals like they are Girl Scout Cookies and they are real then you are going to get in trouble because you are profiting from them.

Beyond that theoretical, I have never seen one instance where these people who claim they have these types of pictures ever resulted in anything but poorly photoshopped pictures, a look-alike that clearly isn't said person, or a torso picture where it's supposed to be the person they claim because they have matching thumbs or some other nonsense. Never matching tattoos or identifying marks its always "clearly that's his wrist, fingers, or forearm".

Everyone is free to do as they wish and spend their money how they like but the idea of trusting people giving money to a scam artist just doesn't sit well with me.

DMC992

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They NEVER existed. It was another "My girlfriend catfished him and I have the nudes. I won't post them for free but you can DM me for information on buying them." scam. That is always bull:poop:. If you have nudes of a celebrity and post them then you aren't likely to get in trouble. If you SELL them to individuals like they are Girl Scout Cookies and they are real then you are going to get in trouble because you are profiting from them.

Beyond that theoretical, I have never seen one instance where these people who claim they have these types of pictures ever resulted in anything but poorly photoshopped pictures, a look-alike that clearly isn't said person, or a torso picture where it's supposed to be the person they claim because they have matching thumbs or some other nonsense. Never matching tattoos or identifying marks its always "clearly that's his wrist, fingers, or forearm".

Everyone is free to do as they wish and spend their money how they like but the idea of trusting people giving money to a scam artist just doesn't sit well with me.

The fact you felt compelled to right an entire thesis statement though like it’s not that serious :joy::joy::joy:.

Reactions: 1308555

xanthis2001

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The fact you felt compelled to right an entire thesis statement though like it’s not that serious :joy::joy::joy:.

I wasn't compelled to "right". I also agree with you in that it's not that serious but I do think it is an ongoing problem in the forums. I don't like to see people intentionally lying and scamming other people simply because that person has a more trusting nature. No, it isn't my job to police the forums or scold members but I also feel that if we members would call out these scammers when it's obvious then they would stop with the fraud.

As for my previous, thesis statement, :laughing: I've been an academic since I was 16 which means I'm quite adept at formulating thoughts and typing complete sentences quickly. That response took me all of 30 seconds.

You laugh and say it's not that serious because you probably aren't going to get taken advantage of by any of these trolls. You are perfectly justified to feel that way. However, it might be serious to someone who gave these guys money or something else of value and got ripped off. I was just putting out a warning.