europeans, americans and asians.
i have known friends that worked for dolce & gabbana
in a creative capacity that would have loved to work with
him. also, have dated many models (women) and learned about
the male models they worked with.
i was offered several hundred dollars an hour 18 years ago to be an
underwear model.
i sneered at these offers. i didn't need that money. i had plenty of it
and i didn't have to take my clothes off for it.
wow.
youth IS wasted on the young. i had a great opportunity and i didn't
take it.
i look back now at the money i could have made and am sick that i didn't do it.
underwear modeling leads to other modeling with clothes on - great clothes that the model gets to keep.
if pietejoke can walk well without bobbing up and down like a car piston (not bouncing up and down on the runway as many guys do) i think he could have a very good career.
what say you?
sadly i have lost contacts with my friends at D&G but i think pieterjoke could be a great model and put that levy model guy in his place. lol.
for serious. ; )

Agreed. ;)

But no, I didn't have that body at his age, unfortunately. :(

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If Pieter wants to find work as a professional model, I'm sure he could, but I'm under the impression that modeling can be a brutal profession, and I'm not sure the money would be worth it. I don't know what his goals are in life, but if he's working towards something else, or already doing something he likes, then my feeling is that he should enjoy knowing that he could model if he wanted to, but he's got better things to do.

But no, I didn't have that body at his age, unfortunately. :(

No, neither did I. Not by a long shot.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
If Pieter wants to find work as a professional model, I'm sure he could, but I'm under the impression that modeling can be a brutal profession, and I'm not sure the money would be worth it.

Correct on all counts. Best of luck to him (or anyone) if that's what they want to do. It is a brutal business; you really have to want it bad to work in modeling, 'cause it all about tons and tons of rejection and being treated often like a piece of meat (and not in a good way). For every moment earning a buck in front of the camera, there's hours of looking for work and working and building your network. Personally, I wouldn't wish that on anyone ... except the .01% that are successful at it!

D

deleted3782

I get the impression he has aspirations that are much different than modeling. Its great if he is given the opportunity to model (I agree he is handsome), but it is up to him to take that opportunity if he wants it.

I kinda disagree with the phrase youth is wasted on the young. Lots of young folks have plenty of drive, focus, and passion. I know I did at his age, and it served me well. I had personal goals and I worked hard to hit them. If had (theoretically been offered) a modeling career and taken it, I would not have the life I do today...I would be jet-setting across the world having sex with supermodels instead. :tongue:

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I've recently done a little modeling, not the high fashion stuff but what is called 'stock' modeling, and I have found it to be not very rewarding at all. Actually, I find it somewhat embarrassing when I meet someone who swears they've seen me somewhere or met me before and I know that they are recognizing me from the Kohl's circular in their Sunday coupons. In general it also feels like money not well earned, like you really didn't do anything at all for the paycheck.