PIGMENTATION

andy28: I AM WHITE. GETTING OLDER (36 NOW) MY PENIS IS DARKER, ESPECIALLY FLACSID. AND I DISLIKE IT. :(IT LOOKS LIKE BEING DIRTY OR STRANGE (WHITE GUY HAS BLACK DICK). CAN ANYONE ADVISE ANY WHITENING CREEM OR WHAT ELSE TO DO TO FIGHT WITH PIGMENT.
BTW I NEVER GET TAN NUDE MAY BE ONCE IN SOLARIUM.

chipster: Andy,

You are not alone. I have the same condition. My penis is darker than the rest of me, especially when soft. Not as noticeable when hard. I posted a question about it in this forum many months ago. I don't know why it is that way. Haven't done anything to cause it, that I am aware of.....

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Hey, andy.

My penis darkened right after puberty started. Looks kind of like a dark tan, except for that part where the foreskin used to be (I'm cut, but loosely). I've always thought a darker penis looks kind of sexy.

I wouldn't use one of those fade creams on your penis, though. They are very strong and will irritate the sensitive skin.

Just get used to it. It's not as bad as you think.

Pecker

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
andy28:

Darker color of the penile skin is indeed fairly common.
I agree, it's nothing to really worry about.

I've noticed darker pigmentation as well as I have gotten older...particularly on the underside of the shaft (which of course isn't that noticeable, anyway)

I don't have an immediate answer as to why the darker pigmentation occurs and it's probably just as well.

The point here for you (and any of us who have it)....
is not to worry.

I would also discourage applying any substance (whitening creams, etc) because they are harsh. Penile skin is ultra thin and I can't see why one would risk creating even more problems. It's NOT worth it.

hungone: I am so glad to see this thread. I am 42 - and recently noticed a change in the pigment of my penis.....I have been worrried about it - and thought about asking my Doctor. Anyone else?

hungcuriousNC: I've seen a freckled penis before. You know, one that looks like it has a few darker blotches here and there on it. What could cause that? We need an "in-house" eurologist for these types of questions.

Solis24: Hi have the same thing myself although it doesn't get on my nerves.
I think I can explain why the pigmentation would be less visible when hard. The skin gets stretched out more, especially for you growers out there, and the normal concentration of pigments per unit of skin area then reaches normal. When flaccid, it may very well be that as the skin is more scrunched up on itself, that the pigments are closer together and hence make it all look darker. Skin is fairly translucent so this could just be it. nd now as to why some guys have and some don't, well, no clue! But I would say that a large amount of guys that I have been with had slightly to noticeably darker penis' when soft.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I've also heard that the skin composition (cellular) in the genital region differs slightly from the skin you would see commonly exposed on one's arms, legs, chest, and so forth. Whatever melanin content in the skin layers, it shows through much more probably because the skin is so thin there. Not that it's a bad thing -- my dick resembles my skin tone when I've been out in the sun for the good part of summer.

Like everyone else has stated already, nothing wrong with your dick even if it's a significant contrast to the rest of you. So long as you've got the monster :D no one's going to complain, right?

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My cock is all one color.

But, i have seen some
that, when they are hard, have two definite colors...

darker on the lower shaft,
and pale or pink by the head, (or above
the circumcision scar).

Anybody else have...or live with...
a dick like that?

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, mine's all one color too. A dark, and I mean DARK brown. It looks like a target if I spend a whole summer at the beach: This really dark, sometimes mistaken for black, tone on my chest, arms, and legs, a copper-colored groin, and the same dark color on my penis and scrotum as on my body in general.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i have a
buddy,
just another skinny white
guy like me...
but he has that two toned look to his dick...very dark
lower shaft, and pink at the top...it is actually kinda cool looking

thepress83: I am also a white male, and have had the privilege of spending a lot of time during the summer/winter breaks in sunny climates, thus developing a very deep tan, all over my body including my cock. I've actually heard nothing but good things from people who've seen my meat, everyone loves the fact that I'm darker skinned down there, even me.
Press

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote author=hungone link=board=health;num=1044607286;start=0#4 date=02/11/03 at 18:16:39]I am so glad to see this thread.  I am 42 - and recently noticed a change in the pigment of my penis.....I have been worrried about it - and thought about asking my Doctor.   Anyone else?[/quote]

if you've noticed a substantial change in skin pigmentation (especially on a body part that doesn't get much sun), you should have a doctor check it just in case.

BIGBOYDAVE: Most Cut cocks that I have Seen are two-toned and usually Lighter above the cut .
Yet those uncut cocks I have seen Rarerly are two-toned or at least not as distinguishing except when foreskin is pulled back and then very little change in PIGMENTATION.
Does Anyone Know Why This Is?
It Must have something to do with being cut But What actually causes the difference to occur?

croixbull: It's because it's a different type of skin. That light skin above the cut is what kicks out smegma. The lower skin is like you have on your forearm. (Probably the same amount too for you dave :D).
Mine is piebald. I've got vitiligo so I have darker skin and then a patch of white around the base and on top of the lapsack. The difference isn't too bad or noticeable because I'm blond and body rugged. Getting darker as I get older though.

:eek:

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
The foreskin IS super-thin and surprisingly there are two different "layers" of it! --"outer" and "inner".

As to pigmentation differences for "cut" men and the "two-toned" look (especially towards the end near the glans), I suppose those of you here who are questioning that "alterating look in color" ARE allowing for the "circumcision scarring" factor that will certainly make for a darker look, even a dark "ring" effect on some men.

For really good reading (and, "reliable / believable" info) go to:
www.the-penis.com

and look under "anatomy of penis / circumcision"
(LOTS of descriptions and pix on the subject)

hung: You may look at mine at this site:

erectionphotos.com

It is on page three of the Soft/Hard Gallery.

I have never noted any difference in color. I am uncut and remain a great looking pink both peeled back and fully hooded. Hope this helps.

Also, erectionphotos.com is a free site dedicated to penis research. You can submit your pictures and you can participate for free. I find this one very informative and educational.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yes, exactly...
i know it is the circumcision scar "effect"...this two toned thing,
but..what i was really curious about is the differences
out there.........
the fact that some of us cut guys, like me...
are all one color...
there is not color difference or noticeable scar or
line on my dick at all.

inquiringmind: Hi,
I have a question... My boyfriend has a dark olive complexion yet his penis is absolutely ebony. Are people like this from birth or is it the result of hormonal changes as one matures . We were joking about the reason geese had dark meat was because their muscles were in constant use. Could that be true for humans too? .... Hmm,Hmm...

Inquiring mind

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=inquiringmind link=board=health;num=1044607286;start=0#18 date=08/28/03 at 10:58:13]Hi,
I have a question... My boyfriend has a  dark olive complexion yet his penis is absolutely ebony. Are people like this from birth or is it the result of hormonal changes as one matures . We were joking about the reason geese  had dark meat was because their muscles were in constant use. Could that be true for humans too? .... Hmm,Hmm...  

Inquiring mind[/quote]
IIRC, the extra melanin in the scrotum is to keep men from going sterile; you might remember from second-grade health class that melanin absorbs the ultraviolet spectrum.