Pills with Codeine over the counter in Canada.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The 222's come packaged under a couple of names, but the numbers stand for 2 grains of codein, 2 grains of acetometaphin, and 2 grains or caffeine. The idea that one can get "loaded" on them is a myth. If you did take enough of them to try, you'd quickly blow chunks as well as be as irritable as rat on crack. However, they are good when you have a bad head cold, the flu, or general arthritic pain.

What I find incredible is how many people have decided that Tylenol (acetometaphin) is so much safer than aspirin or other OTC analgesics. Two OTC Tylenol and a couple of glasses of wine (or any alcoholic beverage) is enough to cause permanent liver damage. The liver is famous for constantly regrowing and recovering from chemical insults, but Tylenol in combination with alchohol causes a substantial number of deaths each year from liver failure. Of course, the pharmaceutical company that makes Tylenol has bought off the USA's FDA to ensure nothing is ever done. There are more benign, helpful medications which have an almost 0 incidence of complications that the FDA refuses to be sold with or without a prescription in the USA.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I strained my back on a forest fire assignment in Alaska a few years ago. I was really hurtin' for a few hours but some Canadian fire crews gave me codeine coated pain relievers. It really did the trick and soon I could stand up straight again. The Canadians said the pills could be purchsed over-the-counter in Canada but I haven't been able to verify this. I'd sure like to get some.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I did not know this. I used Tylenol 2 once (with prescription). It has codeine in it, I used it when I had my wisdom teeth taken out.

In the U.S. certain cold medications can be made into Meth.

Showing your ID obviously won't stop you from making Meth. As for codeine, that has been an ingredient in cough medicines for decades.

codeine: Definition and Much More from Answers.com