Pilots

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by joshworley, Mar 31, 2008.

1. joshworley

joshworley Member

Hi...I am 19 and I am majoring in Business...But recently I have had the urge to become a Pilot...I have NO IDEA why lol. But I figured it would be a great profession that I could enjoy. Flying around the globe...amazing...But the thing is I have NO experience in flying...So what do I need to do? I don't want to fly little planes, I want to fly the big mothers!

Thanks to anyone that helps me!

2. B_dumbcow

B_dumbcow New Member

Albums:
    I doubt many people on here are qualified enough to know...

*First before anything else - make sure you are healthy enough to fly - that you aren't colourblind or anything like that - if you are, then check up on the rules*

I'm guessing that you need to join a flying club in order to gain your licence

Then you will need to be trained up somewhere. The flying club will probably advise you as to where.

It will be cheapest in places like the USA, but make sure that you go to a respected school, or you may find it hard to get a future job in flying...

:smile:

3. texasbuddy

texasbuddy New Member

Albums:
    Apply to the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs

4. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Did you consider joining the military? If you become pilot that way I think you'd get a lot of experience.

5. TinyPrincess

Gold Member

Albums:
    Would you like being a bus driver too???

Many of the pilots looks at flying in this way, so just a small warning - not wanting to destroy your urge.

6. joshworley

joshworley Member

No, I hate driving. I love flying. Thank you to everyone else for your help!

7. manniner

manniner New Member

the starting pay sucks, the layovers are very short, the days are 14 hours at least, the planes are falling apart, because fuel costs are keeping us, i mean them, from maintaing the planes, they took our pensions, and the only perk was flying free across the universe, but its stand by, and you can never get on, because the planes are so full. go into the medical field, save y our money, and fly space positive...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pluse you are required to live in a huge city, while you are making 18,000 a year, attached to a beeper for call out in an hour.........dont do it!!!

8. joshworley

joshworley Member

So your a pilot?

Draft saved Draft deleted