Pima County Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeau outed.

kayman

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh yeah, he's the sheriff of Pinal County, which is the only other county in the Metro Phoenix area aside from Maricopa County.

Pima County is home to Tucson and has a Democrat for sheriff since 1980, Clarance Dupnik, whom is known for his rather progressive stance on immigration compared to Babeu's hypocrisy.

u4eahguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You are a typical liberal asshole. Where is the proof the boyfriend was illegal? Those of us in Arizona who are involved in the legal system have known for a long time that Paul is gay. It's just that for most of us conservatives, it's no big deal. Who cares? It's the loser Democrats who will hypocritically demolish him now. What he did was just plain stupid -- anyone in a position of public responsibility should never, ever have done what he did. He's cut his own throat on this. Too bad, because he is a really nice, honorable, hard-working public servant.

lol this makes me laugh. the fact that he threatened to deport the ex would have to mean that he is illegal. And I am sure the Democrats wont have to do a thing as the Republicans always turn their backs on their own when they are outed. The man might be really nice (questionable after threatening to do that to an ex),and might be a hard working public servant, but there is no way I would consider someone that would do that to an ex "honorable."

D

deleted728973

hes hot. id love threesome with him and his bf

hornynyc

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Golfbuddy ... why so rude? The story as published is that the boyfriend is illegal and that is how this asshole was able to threaten him. Take your dick and go to some other site with the other conversvative assholes.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Even if the BF is not here in the US illegally, it's questionable at best to threaten to have him deported.

Still, Babeau is kind of cute. Even if he is a jackass.

/Heh. Studboi1...

Otep

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I don't really understand how he "threatened" to have him deported. From what I've read the only thing that could have referenced his legal status was telling the guy not to say anything about their relationship because it could bring unwanted attention on him. That isn't a threat to deport the guy, it's telling him that if he goes public with the relationship then all of the news coverage is probably going to work against him. Yes he used the statement to his advantage but to be honest he was telling the truth.

Did I miss something? Is there info that states he actually threatened the guy or just the above reference sentence?

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You are a typical liberal asshole. Where is the proof the boyfriend was illegal? Those of us in Arizona who are involved in the legal system have known for a long time that Paul is gay. It's just that for most of us conservatives, it's no big deal. Who cares? It's the loser Democrats who will hypocritically demolish him now. What he did was just plain stupid -- anyone in a position of public responsibility should never, ever have done what he did. He's cut his own throat on this. Too bad, because he is a really nice, honorable, hard-working public servant.
I'm glad that you don't care but to a lot of conservatives it does matter.
Please tell that to the Texas GOP, who's official platform states on page 14:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/texasgop_pre/assets/original/2010RPTFinalPlatform.pdf
Texas Sodomy Statutes – We oppose the legalization of sodomy. We demand that Congress exercise its authority granted by the U.S. Constitution to withhold jurisdiction from the federal courts from cases involving sodomy.
or to the Montana GOP who's official platform states, under CrimeMontana GOP - MONTANA REPUBLICAN PARTY PLATFORM
Homosexual Acts

We support the clear will of the people of Montana expressed by legislation to keep homosexual acts illegal.
A large percentage of gays and straights have anal sex, aka sodomy, on occasion. For some reason 2 state party platforms want to do away with the Supreme Court ruling stating that it is legal. Something tells me that this is aimed more at people who engage in homosexual anal sex rather than heterosexuals who decide to get freaky (or who use anal sex as a form of birth control).

I don't really understand how he "threatened" to have him deported. From what I've read the only thing that could have referenced his legal status was telling the guy not to say anything about their relationship because it could bring unwanted attention on him. That isn't a threat to deport the guy, it's telling him that if he goes public with the relationship then all of the news coverage is probably going to work against him. Yes he used the statement to his advantage but to be honest he was telling the truth.

Did I miss something? Is there info that states he actually threatened the guy or just the above reference sentence?

To be honest the more I learn about the actual facts of the case there is a bit of conflicted feelings going on in my head. Does saying "if you go public you'll get unwanted attention" constitute friendly advise or does it mean something more ominous is in store? It could go either way depending on how it was meant. The ex-bf apparently had the passwords for a few computer accounts and wouldn't give them up and posted things that weren't official or something to that effect. He didn't give them up until it was under threat of a lawsuit. I find that kind of douchey, the ex-bf's actions. If the Sheriff did threaten to have him deported it would be a gross violation, and hell how long were they boyfriends? Have something a spurned lover thing going on, on either side. I find hypocrisy in having a lover that is undocumented for a few years while complaining in public about all the illegals coming over the border. He was a police officer for pete's sake; I have known more than one cop who looked up people before they went out on dates with someone.

I don't know if the Sheriff or his attorney are more responsible for giving the ex-bf the shut up or else kind of talking to.

The ex-bf complained to the Sheriff about why he had an account on adam4adam. The ex bf apparently created a fake account and contacted him through it. The fake persona wanted to be a cop, the sheriff said he could help fake person in becoming a cop. This went on for a while, eventually arranged a meeting. The news article I read about it said the ex was waiting at the restaurant parking lot when Babeu showed up, and literally just sat there for 2 minutes w/o saying anything. So was the relationship over or was he being a cheating ho? There haven't been any other guys come forward to say they had sex with Babeu. So hopefully he's not a cheating whore.

At least the Sheriff was publically outted and it wasn't because of a sex scandal of trying to get it on in a public restroom.

As far as I can tell he doesn't seem to be one of the social conservatives who are all "family values" and out bopping prostitutes or having wife number 2 and screwing an intern, later to become wife number 3. Babeu has said he's for gays in the military and gave a Ron Paul kind of same-sex marriage should be a state issue.

*thread should probably be moved to politics since that's where the thread is going to go downhill to, and his is an elected politician*

samhung

Sexy Member
Media
How the hell is the Republican going to get his ex lover deported? The Feds are so mad at Arizona that it ain't gonna happen.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
Even if the BF is not here in the US illegally, it's questionable at best to threaten to have him deported.

Still, Babeau is kind of cute. Even if he is a jackass.

/Heh. Studboi1...

This is what they do with human trafficking. The shit he did to this guy is fucking frightening. He could have made him do anything, just by threatening deportation and possible imprisonment. I hope they investigate this guy, but with their Sheriff Douche Bag over there, probably nothing will come of it. Did he do this before?

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America

Ugh, please tell me you're joking with this. :rolleyes:

Do you know how the United States works, or how much power an Arizona official has? Arizona would lynch illegals if given the option, or in this case, fuck them first.