Pimpin aint easy

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by lafever, Dec 22, 2007.

1. lafever

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just though that was a catchy title for a thread, on a serious note, being master of my domain is not easy, when everything is falling apart i have to be the strong one or everything falls.
    I envey those who don`t have to work, pay bills, and make sure everything is hunky dory in the garden of eden.
    Theres alot of stress knowing that so many depend on you, sometimes it`s more than what calgon and a few lit candles can take away.
    Does anyone relate? My family just knows if they turn the light switch on the light comes on, they don`t understand everything that makes it work, or even replacing a bulb when it goes out. I often wonder if i`m loving them too much, sometimes family can take so much for granted. I want to make them more idependent but i fear it`s too late, i can see it now, taking care of everyones wants and needs till the day i die.

lafever:cool:

2. Elmer Gantry

Gold Member

Albums:
    In the words of my forefathers,

"Harden the fuck up!"

3. bottombuddy

bottombuddy Member

yup kids are waaay to spoiled nowadays......making them responsible in some way will make them understand..let em know even they have to work and pay bills

4. sjprep06

sjprep06 New Member

Albums:
    Heh, my mom made sure that her children (me and my older brother) weren't too spoiled. We were taken care of but we made sure that we knew mommy had to work hard for all of this and the least we could do was do what we were told and respect the house and our belongings. As a single mom, she made sure all of the bills were paid but there were times when we wouldn't have cable or gas for a day or so. And we just replaced our water heater after it went out in early October. We had to boil water and, luckily, I could go next door to my grandmom's house to take a hot shower every night.

The point is that I understand that it is hard to maintain a household but I also appreciate and am grateful for what I do have. If members in your family don't have the decency to appreciate what you do, especially in your current situation, you could always tell them that the bills may be in your name, but the money doesn't always have to come from your wallet. Either put up or shut up.

P.S.- Not having income isn't all that it's cracked up to be :wink:

5. Whopper-lee

Gold Member

Albums:
    AMEN BROHTHA !
    I need to copy this and send it out as a Xmas & New Years card to my kids & some family members (smile)
    And...thanks for this little rant/raid ...but TRUE ...Pimpin Aint E-Z!

6. naughty

Gold Member

Preach it, brotha!

I have a friend who has three grown children and his daughters still think he is the first national bank. They call him when they want their hair done, nails done. etc and he doles it out. Who am I to tell anyone how they should be with their children but this is what creates problem women later in life. Right now they are beautiful and young and men a plenty are glad to pick up the tab. But the looks will go and if they have developed a gimme mentality they are going to be something else! :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted