pimples! (ok, not on my penis but hear me out)

blakobra8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So this is not directly penis related, but I have a penis and this is a health question, so bear with me (or this thread will be moved to "etc.")

My skin is breaking out! I'm 23 and I haven't had pimples in years, but in the last couple of weeks they're popping up everywhere! Not just on my face; a couple on my arms, back, neck! It's fucking gross!

I just moved to California (the only major change in my life), so it is somehow related to that. I've been eating better in general (granted, a little too much greasy white rice), so I don't know what's going on. This has never happened before, and the pimples are the disgusting white ones.

anyone have any ideas

blakobra8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
ok, the only other change is that I haven't had an orgasm in almost 3 weeks. I know it's far fetched, but that's the only other change I can think of.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It could the the greasy white rice, but from what you say the first thing that popped in my head is stress. You just moved, and that's a lot of stress. I'm assuming you also changed schools/jobs/what have you. Your social life will be in major upheaval - even if it's still good, I'm assuming it's very different. There's a lot of change involved in moving, and that leads to stress. What a lot of people don't know, or maybe don't acknowledge, is that stress has a lot of bodily expressions. Pimples, dandruff, cankers, sore joints, erectile dysfunction, heart disease (in longer-term cases), vision problems, and immune system suppression are just a few. Our crazy world likes to tell us that mental health and physical health are independent of each other, but that's just a big fat lie. It doesn't pass even the most basic, surface-level analysis.

So my suggestion would be to give yourself time to relax (if possible) and do things that make you happy. Listen to music, ride a bike, beat off...whatever shit you do for fun.

Also, if you moved from somewhere with relatively good air quality, you may want to consider that your skin is just reacting to the air. LA's air is not notorious for it's purity.

Ronado

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Good be a change in diet. You said you were eating healthier, if your use to chunk food then that the change may have some affects with the pimples. Stress also plays a role. And where you lived before, if it was warmer then California or colder then your skin isn't sweating as much as it use to or it is sweating more. Go to a gym and use the sauna, sweating helps clear out pores.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Are there changes in the detergents used to wash your clothes or bed linens? California is very careful about phosphates and other things and you may be reacting to such a phenomenon.

B_elin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm guessing if you just moved to CA, you might be wearing more sunscreen? Sunscreen will really block up your pores and make your skin react like this, so make sure you clean your skin thoroughly. In hot weather, sweat can easily become trapped by the skin too, so make sure you exfoliate face and body 2x a week, which will help both of these issues.

Sleep, if you don't have enough sleep, this will make your skin worse. When you sleep, that's when your skin heals, so you need to give it this help.

Water, drink lots of it. It helps flush everything out and keep your natural moisture levels replenished.

Eat avocado & oily fish, seriously, avocado is one of the best things for your skin you will ever find. I swear by it.

Make sure you're getting lots of vitamin c in your diet, it helps the skin heal, which is what you need.

Everyone is right when they're saying this could possibly be a stress reaction, but these are easy additional things to try. Hope it clears up! Let me know if not and I'll speak to you further about it.